PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Legend Brown speaks to Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't see this posted, so forgive me if it was....

http://www.eagletribune.com/pusports/local_story_033053528.html

Former Cleveland Browns legend Jim Brown spoke to the team before practice at the coach's request for extra motivation. All that remains is a team photo today before tomorrow's festivities kick off.

Not that the Pats will need the extra motivation since that tool SPECTER opened his mouth.

The Giants got a priceless pep talk from last years SB MVP and QB's older brother.

Bummed out about having to lose to the Patriots twice this year... Don't feel too bad...that happens to the Jets, Bills and Dolphins on a regular basis....

I'd love to see a transcript of Jim Brown's talk.

These things should be recorded and sent up to YouTube.

I didn't see this posted, so forgive me if it was....

http://www.eagletribune.com/pusports/local_story_033053528.html

Not that the Pats will need the extra motivation since that tool SPECTER opened his mouth.
One hand washes the other. I posted on another thread that I heard Jim Brown interviewed Friday morning and he said Belichick and "his lady" were at Brown's Amer-I-Can meeting on Thursday night. In another interview I heard, Ronnie Lott said BB was there for an hour and a half. Lott was blown away by that dedication by Bill late in super bowl week. Brown and Belichick became friends when Bill was coaching in Cleveland.

Jim Brown is kind of a bad seed, IMO. Seems to like to rape and assault people, especially women.

From espn.

http://espn.go.com/classic/biography/s/Brown_Jim.html

But for all Brown's good deeds and athletic prowess, there appears to be a dark side to him as well. He has been frequently accused of violent crimes, primarily toward women.
An 18-year-old accused Brown of forcing her to have sex after giving her whisky, but a jury found him innocent of assault and battery in the 10-day trial in 1965. He was accused of throwing his girlfriend from a balcony in 1968, but when the 22-year-old woman refused to name Brown as her assailant, the charge of assault with intent to murder was dropped. He was fined $300 for resisting a deputy.
Brown was acquitted of assaulting a man after a traffic accident in 1969. He was fined $500 and spent a day in jail after beating up a golfing partner in 1978. He was charged with rape, sexual battery and assault in 1985, but the charges were dropped when the 33-year-old woman gave inconsistent testimony.
The next year, he was arrested for allegedly beating his fiancée after accusing her of flirting. He spent three hours in jail, but three days later the 21-year-old woman said she didn't want to prosecute.
In October 1999, Brown was convicted in Los Angeles of smashing the window of his 25-year-old wife Monique's car, but was acquitted of making terrorist threats against her. The judge sentenced him to three years' probation, stripped him of his driver's license for a year, fined him $1,700 to be paid to a battered woman's shelter and a domestic abuse fund, and ordered him to attend special counseling for domestic batterers.
When Brown refused counseling, he was given a six-month sentence. He was released from jail in Ventura County (California) in July 2002 after serving less than four months.

I'd love to see a transcript of Jim Brown's talk.

These things should be recorded and sent up to YouTube.

He gives a speech at Syracuse every year. I'll have no comment on it though. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down