PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL investigating Saints for placing bounties on players(merged X2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Breaking: Saints Break Bounty Rule

Morally this is worse than spygate. But without being able to see the videos its hard to say. Bounties aren't really cheating, it doesn't give the Saints an advantage. Spygaters have some ground to stand on because the Patriots haven't won anything since then.

You don't think that paying someone to injure a guy gives the team a competitive advantage? It also cheats the salary cap.

i don't have a problem with bounties, unless part of the bounty system rewards injuring opposing players, then i think that's sub human, for a game.

now if it's against the nfl rules, then obviously it should be punished

you can't break the rules.

Morally this is worse than spygate. But without being able to see the videos its hard to say. Bounties aren't really cheating, it doesn't give the Saints an advantage. Spygaters have some ground to stand on because the Patriots haven't won anything since then.

It's against the rules. I know you have difficulty grasping simple concepts but it's pretty simple: break the rules, get punished. Got it?

Right, only the best winning percentage and tied for the most SB appearances since then, along with the best ppg offense in the league over that five-year span.

i don't have a problem with bounties, unless part of the bounty system rewards injuring opposing players, then i think that's sub human, for a game

Ummm...that's exactly what the NFL says the Saints were doing.

i don't have a problem with bounties, unless part of the bounty system rewards injuring opposing players, then i think that's sub human, for a game.

now if it's against the nfl rules, then obviously it should be punished

you can't break the rules.

What do you think the Bounty system is for? Taking them on a date?

This is no different than paying a THUG to beatup on soneone you dont like.

i don't think bounty necessarily means injury

like was mentioned on the broncos board, colleges have their own bounty system, stickers for good plays

if the bounty system was simply for hurries, ints, sacks and hits, that's fine with me

if it's not fine with the nfl though, then they should be fined

but non injury bounties, i have no real issue with

This is a bigger scandal than that deliberate Pick-6 Peyton Manning threw right to Tracy Porter in SB44. I am eager to see how my Saints friends here in N.O. "spin" this open, after crucifying and hating on the Pats so much, in the wake of spygate. Can't wait to hear the "spin" on the local sports talk shows today, Should be juicy !!!

EZ76

Wow.

Much worse than Spygate if true, IMO.

i completely agree, if it's true about intent to injure, rewards

this is sub human IMO and worse than anything having to do with cameras

This is a bigger scandal than that deliberate Pick-6 Peyton Manning threw right to Tracy Porter in SB44. I am eager to see how my Saints friends here in N.O. "spin" this open, after crucifying and hating on the Pats so much, in the wake of spygate. Can't wait to hear the "spin" on the local sports talk shows today, Should be juicy !!!

EZ76

I'm going to enjoy every second of it. The schadenfreude will be awesome

Gregg Williams is a known dirtbag, so this isn't exactly shocking.

I'm just surprised Bernard Pollard hasn't been on the Saints, this is right up his alley!!;)

I'm just surprised Bernard Pollard hasn't been on the Saints, this is right up his alley!!;)

He doesn't need the extra money to be a dirty player though.

Kurt Warner played the Saints and he never played football again. Brett Favre played the Saints and became a worn down broken man afterwards. Peyton Manning's neck injuries? Wouldn't surprise me if it got serious during Super Bowl 44.

People are gonna lose their job over this. I say throw the book at all of them!

What do you think the Bounty system is for? Taking them on a date?

well no, but i mean college has a bounty system, it's called stickers for big plays

this though, the more i read, is one of those evil bounty systems obviously

you can easily have a bounty system without intent to injure though (not in this case it appears, though)

everyone gets a case of bounty choclate bars for each sack lol

Peter King ‏ @SI_PeterKing

In my opinion, the penalties on this will be worse, and maybe significantly worse, than Spygate.

Ouch......

colts fans must be pissed

losing a superbowl to a team who was breaking the rules at the time

Next years first rounder + not being able to use the franchise tag this year + a fine should do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye