PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL hires "Director of Strategic Security" to prevent another Spygate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too do not get what Goodell is doing. Instead of doing what his predeceasors did and try to focus on only the league's positive marketing aspects (thus making it one of the most successful "brands" in the US), Goodell seems intent on being a sheriff and making the league look like a bunch of criminals in need of policing (which unfortunately seems to be where a lot of individual players are or are headed). This is not a good job by a person who is supposed to be, in effect, a top PR man.

I imagine the Krafts (and other owners) rue the day they put this guy in charge. I wonder what will happen when he comes up for re-election. My bet is the Krafts will lead a charge (behind the scenes if possbile) to oust him ASAP. Until then they can probably only sit back and grit their teeth.

We will see, PatsDeb.

It will be interesting, but it is important to note that Goodell is there becasue his biggest backer was Mr. Kraft. That's a stone cold fact. Good or Bad, Robert likes Roger - Or perhaps it's more acurate to say, Robert used to like Roger.

Maybe now we can find out who leaked the Pats tape to Fox TV LOL

Last edited:
Maybe now we can find out who leaked the Pats tape to Fox TV LOL

Yeah, I hear that. And who came up with the idea of having cheerleaders send in signals? That is absolutely brilliant!

Are we sure it's not him
th_in-specter-clousseau.jpg
?

We will see, PatsDeb.

It will be interesting, but it is important to note that Goodell is there becasue his biggest backer was Mr. Kraft. That's a stone cold fact. Good or Bad, Robert likes Roger - Or perhaps it's more acurate to say, Robert used to like Roger.

I agree. It's baffling why Kraft wanted this guy in. He stinks. Kraft is also known as a good business man, but he apparently blew it big time on this hire.

I have no issue with any sports league or organization wanting to ensure that it's rules are being followed. On the other hand, the NFL has survived for nearly nine decades without a "Director of Strategic Security."

The article lists his duties ranging from "pregame security screening for people entering stadiums" to "ensuring...team signals are not intercepted...through electronic bugging or other devices."

I'm pretty sure each stadium has staff that screen you when you got to a game. I have no idea how a "Strategic Security" guy is going to help there. As for the signal stuff, the league doesn't monitor that already? As several people have already alluded to, I wonder what the existing NFL security guys think about this.

I shudder to think how Goodell would have reacted if the Rae Carruth incident took place on his watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes