PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL hires "Director of Strategic Security" to prevent another Spygate

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NFL can do whatever they want, they are their own entity. They report to the owners and as long as Kraft has a say so, I'm fine with it.

My issue is with that dufuss Goodell and his inability to do ANYTHING correct in the public forum - From making that stupid comment about the Players Union and Upshaw last week (In which I completely AGREE with Roger, but the media is NO place for the commissioner to air those types of differences) to his appointing this security guy and making that public.....for what?? :confused:

That's IN HOUSE stuff that can be kept quiet - Tell the owners, not the Associated Press for god sake.

Again, he never can see past the comment or move he is about to make. What's the 'ole saying? He can't see the forest for the tree's?

I'm pissed today. Anyone want to fight about Tommy vs. Peyton?

Can't argue those facts with. Goodell anouncing this is nothing more than PR for the NFL and as you stated he can't see past the move itself to realize it may be bad PR for one of his teams (not that should out weigh the greater good but you do have to wonder if he even thinks like that).

Last edited by a moderator:
So if this guy ends up catching the Jets or Colts not following the taping rules you'd still call Goodell "Clousseau"?

See that lump under the carpet, it's the sound, artificially magnified of infractions by the Jets ( what investigation of them illegally taping???) and Colts being swept there........allegedly of course...

Irony would be the Steelers or Eagles being caught violating the rules.....and punished.

Last edited:
An Ex-PA police chief? Well, if Arlen Specter taught us anything is that the folks in PA are completely non-biased when it comes to football.

How ironic that he is from PA, hhhhmmmmm. The NFL is trying to satisfy Sen Specter in some way here. Now all they need is a deal with Comcast and we will never hear about spygatge ever again. ;)

I think this guy's job is to call up every coach and remind them to change their signals. Gotta hand it to the guy, what a great job. But Goodell remains an idiot.

How ironic that he is from PA, hhhhmmmmm. The NFL is trying to satisfy Sen Specter in some way here. Now all they need is a deal with Comcast and we will never hear about spygatge ever again. ;)

That was my initial reaction, patronize the old coot and bury it before he can take any action.

OTOH wtf is up with the title Strategic Security.. that sounds rather far fetched and contrived..

The Patriots should hire former Portland ME Police Chief Michael

Chitwood as their Director Of Counter Security. Chitwood returned

to his Pennsylvania roots a couple of years ago. Chitwood has had

experience dealing with Arlen Specter. Chitwood helped convict one

of Specter's rich clients of murder.

Last edited:
Maybe he can start by asking Matt Walsh what the other team was he saw taping, since neither a U.S. Senator or the Commissioner of the NFL is smart enough to ask such a question.

Also, while he's at it, I'd love to know what Mangini and the Jets were taping on the sideline themselves.

Maybe he can start by asking Matt Walsh what the other team was he saw taping, since neither a U.S. Senator or the Commissioner of the NFL is smart enough to ask such a question.

Also, while he's at it, I'd love to know what Mangini and the Jets were taping on the sideline themselves.

Na, Mangini stopped the video taping as soon as he got to NY because he knew it was wrong......anyone buy that load of crap? Please. :rolleyes:

Goodell is and will continue to be a buffoon. He's bad for the NFL.

Sorry, all - I'm in a pissy mood today.

In fact get ready for the next level of craziness - The fan that spots a cameraman and records it on their video phone and sends it to Mike Florio and then it's on PFT and then this guy's doing a investigation and then Goodell makes a PR nightmare out of nothing - Mark my words...it's going to happen.

Man, I SHOULD buy tickets to that Jets/Pats game at the Meadowlands. How great would it be, for one of us to start a whole sh!tstorm concerning the Jets?

ESPN has an article up about it, which includes this little gem: The issue, however, persisted. Sen. Arlen Specter suggested that Philadelphia Eagles and Pittsburgh Steelers might have been at a disadvantage in postseason games against New England, including the 2005 Super Bowl, when the Patriots beat the Eagles. The Pennsylvania Republican did not drop the issue until last month.

Yeah, the Pennsylvania Republican was the only one who didn't drop the issue until last month. :rolleyes: Douchy jerks.

ESPN has an article up about it, which includes this little gem: The issue, however, persisted. Sen. Arlen Specter suggested that Philadelphia Eagles and Pittsburgh Steelers might have been at a disadvantage in postseason games against New England, including the 2005 Super Bowl, when the Patriots beat the Eagles. The Pennsylvania Republican did not drop the issue until last month.

Yeah, the Pennsylvania Republican was the only one who didn't drop the issue until last month. :rolleyes: Douchy jerks.

Right, anyone want to argue Tommy's chances for an ESPY?? Or any Patriot/Team award from that group of idiots that are located just around the corner from Title Town, USA.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jAqZrgwBybIMT2COfsTb5hES9HqwD91PPGPO0

a48e4165-3338-4214-af66-987b43855bc6.widec.jpg

Miller oversaw the investigation after a gunman killed five girls at an Amish schoolhouse before taking his own life. He was praised for balancing the public's need for information and the Amish community's desire for privacy.

Well, that seals the deal. If anyone's qualified, it's him:cool:

Didn't the NBA just hire a military person to oversee the refs? Apparently that person admits to having absolutely no basketball knowledge whatsoever, so this move by our new sheriff could indicate a trend? It's interesting to say the least.

Wait a second. You mean this is REAL? This is NOT a parody by the Onion?

Good Lord.:wha:

Thank GODell for this hire. I really think this will help the league just like the TSA has helped my safety as an American...

Why didn't Goodell just retain the guy Paul Tagliabue and Pete Rozelle had at the same position?

Wait, you mean this isn't something every commisioner has had people doing? You mean this is just one commisioner in over his head?

:D What a tool.

The Patriots should hire former Portland ME Police Chief Michael

Chitwood as their Director Of Counter Security. Chitwood returned

to his Pennsylvania roots a couple of years ago. Chitwood has had

experience dealing with Arlen Specter. Chitwood helped convict one

of Specter's rich clients of murder.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sad thing here is the media really is missing the point. This is the consequence of opening Pandora's Box. I have no doubts that we are now beyond legal. Everyone else better hope their organization is...and that is really Eric's dubious legacy moreso than Bill's.

We paid a stiff price, but it was worth it if the rest of the league is now forced to play on a level field. I think that was something Bill always kept in mind. He knew others were taping for in game use and doing lots of other things to gain an edge. He was not willing to play at a disadvantage just because it lessened the risk of his/our being penalized. Particularly not if the end result was a league devoid of competitors allowed for decades to circumvent if not ignore rules to their advantage with little or no consequence.

And btw this guys first job should be plugging the strategic leaks in the league office. He could borrow Shanny's lie detector. From a strategic standpoint, that would do more for the leagues self tarnished image than uncovering Polian's sound enhancement technology. He might also want to consider securing a court ordered on-going wire tap on the phones and offices of anyone who wants to be a member of the Competition Committee to insure they are operating in the leagues best interest rather than each others...

"OK Arlen. I will hire your friend if you just drop this whole charade"

I think this guy should take over the investigation into Marvin Harrison. Good ole Marv. Gets in a fight, the guy he fights with gets shot with Marv's own gun, yet no charges are filed. :rolleyes:

Ridiculous.

This guy is going to do what? Be at every game?

How stupid is Goodell?

What he's done, effectively, by hiring this guy and releasing the story is too bring all this back to the top of the pile again - so it can rehashed again and again.

Someone please ban Goodell from anymore league meetings. :banned:

I too do not get what Goodell is doing. Instead of doing what his predeceasors did and try to focus on only the league's positive marketing aspects (thus making it one of the most successful "brands" in the US), Goodell seems intent on being a sheriff and making the league look like a bunch of criminals in need of policing (which unfortunately seems to be where a lot of individual players are or are headed). This is not a good job by a person who is supposed to be, in effect, a top PR man.

I imagine the Krafts (and other owners) rue the day they put this guy in charge. I wonder what will happen when he comes up for re-election. My bet is the Krafts will lead a charge (behind the scenes if possbile) to oust him ASAP. Until then they can probably only sit back and grit their teeth.

I also heard the NFL hired the Director of Food Security to guard the doughnuts from Mangini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back