PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL handles Vick situation perfectly so far....

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Rings for Brady!!

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I have lived in Virginia for a decade. Unlike what you hear in the media, Vick has always been very immature, a self centered ingrate who doesn't 'get it'. His indiscretions at college, although nothing major, where covered up or ignored, and he was involved in dog fighting back then as well.

I want him to hang because I think he is guilty. However, I think we need to let the process work itself out and we also need to realize that a federal grand jury indictment is the tip of a VERY large iceberg that is going to smack the taste buds right out of Vick's face before too long.

This is going to be a grueling, drawn out process which will sink the Falcons for at least a year or two, maybe a decade. It will stink to high heaven in the media, and Vick is going to quickly realize that the football season is a distant second place priority to spending 6 years getting to know Ben Dover and his buddies in Federal Prison.

Those of you who naturally would like to rush this process or suggest that maybe the Commish is playing softball need to step back and just think about what is going to happen. This iceberg is going to sink the Titanic we know as the Michael Vick Experience, once and for all.

Just sit back and watch the fireworks for the next eight months or so. The long drawn out punishment of trying not to get killed on the football field while calculating how to bullsh1t the federal grand jury is a fate that is ten times tougher than being suspended by a knee jerk commish and being allowed the leisure time to compose a fake alibi with a high powered lawyer.

Let Vick live in his own shoes these next few months and don't try to short cut the process because it is the grind of the process which will bring Vick to his knees.

Last edited:
I have lived in Virginia for a decade. Unlike what you hear in the media, Vick has always been very immature, a self centered punk who doesn't 'get it'. His indiscretions at college, although nothing major, where covered up or ignored, and he was involved in dog fighting back then as well.

I want him to hang because I think he is guilty. However, I think we need to let the process work itself out and we also need to realize that a federal grand jury indictment is the tip of a VERY large iceberg that is going to smack the taste buds right out of Vick's face before too long.

This is going to be a grueling, drawn out process which will sink the Falcons for at least a year or two, maybe a decade. It will stink to high heaven in the media, and Vick is going to quickly realize that the football season is a distant second place priority to spending 6 years getting to know Ben Dover and his buddies in Federal Prison.

Those of you trying to rush this process or suggest that maybe the Commish is playing softball need to step back and just think about what is going to happen. This iceberg is going to sink the Titanic we know as the Michael Vick Experience, once and for all.

Just sit back and watch the fireworks for the next eight months or so. The long drawn out punishment of trying not to get killed on the football field while calculating how to bullsh1t the federal grand jury is a fate that is ten times tougher than being suspended by a knee jerk commish and being allowed the leisure time to compose a fake alibi with a high powered lawyer.

Let Vick live in his own shoes these next few months and don't try to short cut the process because it is the grind of the process which will bring Vick to his knees.
I totally agree! What pains me is after seeing how they handled Ricky Williams and his weed-smokin' is how the media will totally over-sensationalize this!

I totally agree! What pains me is after seeing how they handled Ricky Williams and his weed-smokin' is how the media will totally over-sensationalize this!

I think the media will put the greatest amount of pressure on Vick and his teammates. And his boss.

I think the media will put the greatest amount of pressure on Vick and his teammates. And his boss.
This is totally far-fetched, but in a day where they calculate everything against the stock market, do you think this will effect the owner's cash cow? Do you think the negative publicity will cause Home Depot's stock to fall in any way, at least temporarily?

I have lived in Virginia for a decade. Unlike what you hear in the media, Vick has always been very immature, a self centered ingrate who doesn't 'get it'. His indiscretions at college, although nothing major, where covered up or ignored, and he was involved in dog fighting back then as well.

Those of you who naturally would like to rush this process or suggest that maybe the Commish is playing softball need to step back and just think about what is going to happen. This iceberg is going to sink the Titanic we know as the Michael Vick Experience, once and for all.

Very well put - the problem will be the enormous pressure that PETA is going to apply. They should also take a step back and let the due process of law take hold.

Justice will be served here, all the ugly protests and boycotts really are not called for at this time. i do not see much sympathy anywhere for Vick.

Very well put - the problem will be the enormous pressure that PETA is going to apply. They should also take a step back and let the due process of law take hold.

Justice will be served here, all the ugly protests and boycotts really are not called for at this time. i do not see much sympathy anywhere for Vick.

All I know is that the federal grand jury is as big and badass as it gets.

Those boys play to win the game.

Whether the commish does something now or in three months is the LEAST of Vick's concerns.

How can the media over-sensationalize dogfighting? It's brutal, and cruel- there is no over sensationalizing it...

Can you imagine Vick as starting QB for the next time Atlanta goes to Cleveland?

You know what they call that one area of the stadium....'The Dawg Pound'

Last edited:
I don't think Vick will start another game in his life... I think he's down...

How can the media over-sensationalize dogfighting? It's brutal, and cruel- there is no over sensationalizing it...

And closer to home than we might think.
FIVE dog-fighting investigation currently under way in little NH.

http://www.unionleader.com/article....rticleId=21a1c4bb-9e1b-4480-bfc3-71787c8df31a

front-page story:

By MICHAEL COUSINEAU
New Hampshire Union Leader Staff
16 hours, 34 minutes ago

Authorities are pursuing at least five investigations in New Hampshire involving illegal dog fighting, a shadowy world in which dogs often battle to their death while financially enriching their owners.

"It's astronomical the amount of money that goes on with these fights and these bets," said Steve Sprowl, a cruelty investigator for the New Hampshire Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

Last week's indictment of Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick on dog-fighting charges put a spotlight on the troubling activity that is hard for investigators to crack.

"I think it helps highlight the fact that dog fighting and animal fighting is happening everywhere and cuts across socio-economic lines," said Joanne Bourbeau, New England regional director for the Humane Society of the United States.

"I do not doubt one bit there's animal fighting going on in every New England state," she said.
In 2002, a Newton [NH] man was sentenced to 2 to 5 years in prison for engaging in pit bull fighting in one of the biggest busts in New England in recent memory. Police seized more than 35 pit bulls from Christopher DeVito's 12-acre property along with $291,000 in cash. DeVito was convicted on 23 counts of animal cruelty.

"As I read the Vick stuff, it's almost identical to what we had with DeVito in Newton," said Rockingham County Attorney Jim Reams, who prosecuted DeVito. "It was the same basic equipment that was seized with Michael Vick, the same setup."

Similarities included treadmills to train dogs, contraptions to forcibly breed them and structures specifically built to house the dog fights, Reams said.

People now could face felony charges and up to seven years in jail if caught having fight dogs, breeding them or betting on them.

It's a felony in 48 states for dogfighting, in 42 states for possessing dogs for fighting and in 22 states for being a spectator, according to the Humane Society of the United States.

[MORE]

- edited extract
most disturbing descriptions omitted here

New Hampster?
I will certainly admit that this issue has been an eye opener for me.
Sad.

Do you think the negative publicity will cause Home Depot's stock to fall in any way, at least temporarily?[/QUOTE]

* They probably won't sell many dog houses now.

The sad thing is, I have heard that GA is considered the dogfighting state because it has the largest number of underground operations... It's everywhere, and I think 40,000 is taking it lightly, I think it could be way higher than that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots