PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GM Poll: Pats' Belichick top coach, Ravens' Newsome best GM

THIS. Jeff Fisher isn't a great coach. He isn't a good coach. On his best day he can aspire to be an average coach.

I disagree. I think Jeff Fisher is better than average. If you were take a several year sample size then list the last 32 coaches that fit that sample criteria, I'd be surprised if Jeff F isn't in the upper half of that list.

But it's fairly certain he does not deserve a vote for best coach. My first thought after seeing he did get a vote as best coach, 'I didn't know that Jeff F has a brother who is a GM'.

Who's our GM? :bricks:

Nine (out of 12) votes for best coach, zero votes for best GM. Hmmm.

Only 2 guys in the entire NFL got any votes for best GM.

Belichick's good, he's just not the very best.

Anybody see the NFL story on the 1995 Brown? Was really interesting to see how many people were associated with Belichick and that year. Ozzie Newsome even makes a point of saying the Ravens 2000 Superbowl was due in part to Belichick. Newsome has great respect for Bill.

If it comes up again, highly recommended.

Great show, I've seen it 3 times, and even have it DVR'd. It gives you chills to hear what so many important people in the NFL say about working for Belichick. Even the backstabber Mangini raves about Belichick. Just an amazing show.

I gotta say, this season may change people's perceptions a bit.

Wonder if people will realize even Ozzie can't do magic. He has a great core he inherited that he was able to massage a SB out of. Lets see him go deep this year.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back