PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Gamepass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luther

Rookie
Reaction score
I'm one of the many Patriots fans overseas, the Philippines to be exact. Just wanna ask feedback with regards to the above mentioned topic. $199.99 is not cheap for the Season Plus and planning to "invest" in it. Thoughts anyone?

I've been subscribing to Gamepass for the last 4 years, and this year I went for the Season Plus option. What do you want to know about it?

I've been subscribing to Gamepass for the last 4 years, and this year I went for the Season Plus option. What do you want to know about it?

Is Gamepass the one strictly online?

If so, is there an usual amount of buffering or problems?

Is the Season Plus worth it? I mean, do you get to watch all the games be it in condensed version or live streaming even if it's not the Pats who's playing? Preseason is also over so does it get any cheaper?

Yes and I was referring to the iOS app by the way. Plan to watch it on the iPad or iPhone even if I'm on the go since Sunday Night Football is basically Monday morning here.

its great! whole game and condensed, last years games have coaches film too. pause also, watch games anytime u want. great picture, no buffering probs .watch 4 games at once, split screen.

Im a Pats fan here in the Philippines also and I watched games thru online streaming :D

Does it go on sale for a lower price perhaps now that the preseason is over? Or maybe after week 1?

Yeah Gamepass is online only. Generally there are no issues provided you have a good connection. There have been issues in the past particularly early on the season when they try and gauge how much traffic they will be getting. Last year did not have this issue. There are often audio-video syncing issues, about half a second out of sync. That probably happens in 2/3rds of games but is only noticeable when the announcers are on screen. The picture quality is superb though. Slightly below 720p TV quality.

Is the Season Plus worth it? I mean, do you get to watch all the games be it in condensed version or live streaming even if it's not the Pats who's playing? Preseason is also over so does it get any cheaper?

Season Plus is great. You get all games live (no blackouts in the Phillipines) and archived until July 31st 2013. That includes broadcast, condensed and full game coach's film. Plus Redzone (just live) and NFL Network live and some archived NFL Network programming. They added classic Superbowls this year but this is not available on the iPad app. The archive goes back to 2009 on PC and 2011 on iPad, no archived NFL Network programming on iPad either.

Yes and I was referring to the iOS app by the way. Plan to watch it on the iPad or iPhone even if I'm on the go since Sunday Night Football is basically Monday morning here.

The iPad app is really good. The quality is really very good and its very easy to use. You do miss out on some features compared to PC (though the subscription covers both platforms).

Oh and a word of advice, not sure if this applies to the Phillipines but in the UK it was £130 on PC because they charged you in £'s but the subscription on the app was ~£155 because they charged you in $'s with an in app purchase which doesn't give you great exchange rates.

I'm one of the many Patriots fans overseas, the Philippines to be exact. Just wanna ask feedback with regards to the above mentioned topic. $199.99 is not cheap for the Season Plus and planning to "invest" in it. Thoughts anyone?

Lucky you. Here it is 215 Euro = $270

Been considering it this year due to the international community crackdown on property rights and the country specific domain restrictions now in place. I can't get to half the streaming sites I used to and AFN is just too unpredictable as to who they show.

appreciate the feedback from current users.

Does it go on sale for a lower price perhaps now that the preseason is over? Or maybe after week 1?

It has in the past but not substantially so. After week 1 that it is. It usually increased just before the season opener due to Early Bird offers but that didn't happen this year.

Online streaming lags though. No replays too.

Yes, but it works for me. And replays? I download each game on the same day and watch it later in the evening...again :D

Where are you in the Philippines anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes