PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Films: Tedy Bruschi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill's Girl

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I recorded the NFL Films show on Tedy today and just finished watching it. All I can say is, "WOW!" I have always loved the way that Tedy has played since he came to the Patriots in 1996. He has been the epitome of what Patriots football has come to stand for since Bob Kraft bought our team. I admit freely that I cried and was honestly devistated when I found out that Tedy had been rushed to the hospital after his stroke in February. I just sat and stared at the TV during the news on channel 5 that morning in a state of shock and disbelief.

I knew the story of what Tedy went through to come back from the stroke, but this show really blew me away. He is such an inspiration with his attitude and his sense of determination to be an example for others to follow! His wife mentioned that he never once asked, "Why me?" but instead wanted to know what his next step was in the process of getting better.

We are so blessed to have someone like this who plays his heart out for us every week!!

I can't agree more Bill's Girl - Tedy is an inspiration to everyone. We're very fortunate to have him - and the rest of the Patriot team....:)

Bill's Girl said:
I recorded the NFL Films show on Tedy today and just finished watching it. All I can say is, "WOW!" I have always loved the way that Tedy has played since he came to the Patriots in 1996. He has been the epitome of what Patriots football has come to stand for since Bob Kraft bought our team. I admit freely that I cried and was honestly devistated when I found out that Tedy had been rushed to the hospital after his stroke in February. I just sat and stared at the TV during the news on channel 5 that morning in a state of shock and disbelief.

I knew the story of what Tedy went through to come back from the stroke, but this show really blew me away. He is such an inspiration with his attitude and his sense of determination to be an example for others to follow! His wife mentioned that he never once asked, "Why me?" but instead wanted to know what his next step was in the process of getting better.

We are so blessed to have someone like this who plays his heart out for us every week!!

Tedy is someone special, and you wrote a very nice piece there about him and your feelings. Goes to show you that it's not just size, strength and speed that count.

It's not funny,but just before his stroke, I said to my wife tha I just love the way Tedy Bru plays football. There are many players that you like to see because cerrain skills and talent.

Tedy is a true football player.

For anyone who is interested they are showing this again tonight at 730pm on ESPN2!

Thank you muchly! I was just reading this thread and thinking, "Dang, I missed this!"

It's on right now ESPN 2.

Amazing!

Nuff said!

Thanx guys for letting us know the show is on now, I have goose bumps watching it.....GOOOOOOOOOOO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow- that was great. I have to get a tape or DVD of that program. Outstanding!

Bill's Girl - thanks for the heads up the program was on again at 7:30 - I just watched it - it was very good, very inspiring. I think all questions as to why Tedy is playing come through loud and clear. His camaradarie with his teammates is something very few people ever get to experience. His wife Heidi is an amazing and highly thoughtful person- such support for him. The shots of the ring ceremony provided a rare glimpse into the lives of our team, and further evidense of why Tedy feels as he does about his life, career, and family.

Great stuff - thanks again..:)

Great show. I found myself wanting to give Heidi a big hug when she was talking about blaming herself for not getting to the emergency room fast enough. How could she have known what was happening? I'm glad she knows there is nothing she could have done.

I also liked the understanding in Tedy's eyes when Steve Sabol brought up the Apocalypse Now anecdote. Too cool.

Does anyone know how to get a copy of the show?

Maybe Ted Johnson should watch that show.......

I can't believe I missed this!!! Does anyone know if they plan to show it again?

I only caught the last ten minutes of it. Any way of finding out when it will air again?

PatsChick87 said:
I can't believe I missed this!!! Does anyone know if they plan to show it again?

The reason I knew about this show is that the lady that runs the All Things Bill Belichick website posted the air times on her site. The 730pm air time was the last one she had listed.

I hope some of the a-holes on the IndyStar message board who felt compelled to start steroid rumors about Tedy following the stroke were watching and might have learned what a world class football player and human being is all about.

JoeSixPat said:
I hope some of the a-holes on the IndyStar message board who felt compelled to start steroid rumors about Tedy following the stroke were watching and might have learned what a world class football player and human being is all about.

OMG JSP, I have never been more upset than when I read those posts! It wasn't just that they started those rumors but that some of them said Tedy reaped what he sowed!

Bill's Girl said:
OMG JSP, I have never been more upset than when I read those posts! It wasn't just that they started those rumors but that some of them said Tedy reaped what he sowed!
Ugh, believe it or not that was my first experience with how cruel people over the internet can be. I was naive enough to be utterly shocked by some of the things I was reading. These same people magically seem to appear whenever something horrible happens to post things that inflame others emotionally.

Cruel, cruel jerks, who will one day hopefully reap what they sow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back