PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL expected to give CBS marquee Thursday night games

Lions and bills on thanksgiving. ******* stupid. Cant wait to watch that . Zzzzzzz

Lions and bills on thanksgiving. ******* stupid. Cant wait to watch that . Zzzzzzz

Yeah it's a Thursday, but the three Thanksgiving games are a bit different than the other Thursday night games. Most everyone is off on Thanksgiving and a majority are off the day after as well; that's not true for the other Thursday night games. Watching the NFL on Thanksgiving is traditional in many homes; the same is not true for the 15 other Thursday games.

A captive audience at home on Thanksgiving means there's little need to have a marquee game then. Up until very recently the fact that Detroit played every Thanksgiving insured that one of the games would be a dud.

There's almost always going to be at least one "B" game on that day; if there were three "A" games there wouldn't be much left over to watch on Sunday.

Reason TNF schedule is so bad is that every team has to play at least once. So you can't have a good game every week. They should take up that proposal somebody made here a while back where we go to an 18 week schedule(still 16 games) with one bye and what is basically half a bye where you play TNF. You don't play the sunday before or after a TNF game.

Over saturation, also "the poster" is right, players need the rest.

It's still only 16 games a season per team. Considering how the other 3 major sports leagues schedule games I don't think we're in danger of over-saturation yet.

That actually doesn't sound so bad this year. Both are below average/medicore but not terrible teams at the moment. Two below average teams that are evenly matched can put up pretty competitive games against each other. Beats the Oakland Dallas matchup from last year anyways. :cool:

That actually doesn't sound so bad this year. Both are below average/medicore but not terrible teams at the moment. Two below average teams that are evenly matched can put up pretty competitive games against each other. Beats the Oakland Dallas matchup from last year anyways. :cool:

Why the hell didn't Broncos play on thanksgiving? Raiders played in Dallas last time they had a chance on thanksgiving. Seriously what in the world was the NFL thinking....Bronc-Cowboys ended up being one of the best games of the season too. Talk about a missed opportunity.

Guess you missed the Pats/jets Thursday night game. That was a bad football game.

There are certainly games that are better and worse than others. These games are getting played no matter what so not sure why anyone wouldn't want them split up in a way that allows you to watch more of them.

I thought I'd like the Thursday Night games...I hate them now...players need time between these games or play just plain saucks.

Pretty much this. I've been following football since the early 80s, an old man to some and a noob to others. I can't count how many times over the years that I've heard or read comments from the players claiming they really don't start feeling normal until around Friday.

the nfl can take there thursday night games and ram them up there arse.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back