PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Division Round: Ravens at Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
One big talker down, one to go.

Congrats on the win. Glad someone shut the Ravens' mouth :D

thanks...you should be shutting a mouth or two tomorrow as well...then...then we'll see what happens...

my guess is Steelers at Pats will be Pats favored by 6 to start off. Gonna be hard for people to forget how bad you guys beat us this year, and how awesome Brady does against our D.

Last edited:
thanks...you should be shutting a mouth or two tomorrow as well...then...then we'll see what happens...

my guess is Steelers at Pats will be Pats favored by 6 to start off. Gonna be hard for people to forget how bad you guys beat us this year, and how awesome Brady does against our D.

If we make it to the conference final, anything can happen. Here is to a good game and no injuries:)

Playing the Steelers though forces the Patriots safeties to play deep to match the Steelers speed. It means they can't provide much in run support.

The Steelers' O presents some problems. On the one hand, it's not consistent enough to beat the Patriots. But, if the Patriots O isn't clicking fully, Ben R. can make enough plays to hurt the Patriots. Mike Wallace is incredibly dangerous.

Ra Lewis is such a goon. Did anyone else see his whack Rothlesberger's head when R was on the ground? The guy should be in jail.

Nice to see those criminals lose.

BTW I think that the NFL does NOT want to see the Ravens in the Super Bowl again until some off the goon retire.

It is great to not have to face those gangsters.

The other great threat to the Patriots is Green Bay; Atlanta has F'ed up on that one. Patriots fan should be a afraid very afraid if the Patriots have to face the Packers in the SB

yeah, barring a juge meltdown, i do not see the packers losing to either the seahawks or the chicago bears. But then again, any given sunday right
:D

That return call on the return was ridiculous. I don't know what the ref was watching.

Are you blind?

The guy was being held and thats why the runner got the corner. There were A LOT of bad calls and non calls that whole game on both ends.

If you erase the turnovers on both ends the Steelers D locked down the Ravens.

Flacco has yet to prove he is a playoff QB. Baltimore's D is over-rated, Suggs is the only great player on that D.

Last edited:
Good luck to the Pats tomorrow. Sanchez will choke.

I'm a Steelers fan and want to play you guys for the trip to the bowl.

I think the Pats and Steelers are the two best teams over the past decade and they deserve to play each other in the AFC Championship Game.

Are you blind?

The guy was being held and thats why the runner got the corner. There were A LOT of bad calls and non calls that whole game on both ends.

Flacco has yet to prove he is a playoff QB. Baltimore's D is over-rated, Suggs is the only great player on that D.

The non-calls were worse than the calls, especially in the first quarter. Triplette's crew really dropped the ball on this one. Terrible officiating all the way around.

Last edited:
The non-calls were worse than the calls, especially in the first quarter. Triplette's crew really dropped the ball on this one. Terrible officiating all the way around.

The officials drop the ball on every game, thats why its so sickening watching the NFL these days. Its getting worse every year.

ravens offense is a fraud. big name receivers with big drops in the final quarter.....

ravens offense is a fraud. big name receivers with big drops in the final quarter.....

Ironic that a while prior to his big drive killing, game ending drop the announcers had commented that Who's-Your-Mama was whining about not being a bigger part of the offense.

Boldin's TD drop was another killa. Too bad because he's top notch.

Last edited:
The officials drop the ball on every game, thats why its so sickening watching the NFL these days. Its getting worse every year.

I only caught bits and pieces of the game. The big "non-call" that I saw was the hit to Big Ben's head by Terrell Suggs on the the fumble that led to the Raven's defensive TD.

It was nearly a mirror image of how Woodson hit Brady in the head.

Are you blind?

Honestly, I think you're blind. I was totally objective in watching that. The guy had one hand off the defender, and just put it on, looked like the defender took a dive, if you ask me. It was a ridiculous call. I had no horse in this game. I found myself rooting for the team that was playing worse, LOL.

The defensive holding call on the Steelers' winning TD was just absurd. Unreal and absurd. Especially with one of the Steelers' OL having an arm bar across the neck of the Ravens' defender closest to the play. Sorry, the refs really helped the Steelers bigtime in the 4th quarter.

The non-calls were worse than the calls, especially in the first quarter.

Exactly. I don't know how many there were but Tomlin ended up using all his challenges like 10 minutes into the game. Talk about giving the Goon Squad the green light; didn't the Steelers lose a couple of OT's, that 1st half was horrible. Great second half comeback though, congrats!
I wanted the Steelers anyway, the old rivalries are the best. I hope it's the Pats who get to wipe that smile off Hines Ward's face:p

The defensive holding call on the Steelers' winning TD was just absurd. Unreal and absurd. Especially with one of the Steelers' OL having an arm bar across the neck of the Ravens' defender closest to the play. Sorry, the refs really helped the Steelers bigtime in the 4th quarter.

Oh good, I thought it was just me. I was really trying (and failing) to understand that call. I also thought some of the PI calls were pretty bizarre.

Last edited:

I saw that replay and I was left scratching my head. The replay didn't show the defensive holding they were talking about.. So one has to question whether or not it actually happened.

I saw that replay and I was left scratching my head. The replay didn't show the defensive holding they were talking about.. So one has to question whether or not it actually happened.

Really? ........

Attachments

• hold.jpg
    hold.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 135
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back