Not open for further replies.

Gwedd

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Belichick's Camera Proposal

Looks like there was enough of a dustup on this that the League will at least pay some lip service towards developing the idea. Whether or not anything comes from it, well who knows, right? I personally think it's a great idea.

http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-talk/report-nfl-begin-researching-belichick-camera-proposal

That there will be some research conducted to see how the Patriots proposal might work does not guarantee that there will be more cameras at NFL stadiums next year, but it's a step in the right direction to enhancing the replay system and giving officials the best possible resources to get calls right.​

NFL decides maybe Belichick was right on goal line cameras

NFL Considers That Maybe It Was Wrong And Bill Belichick Was Right | Deadspin

Just a week after voting down the proposal, the league will now begin studying it, according to Albert Breer. Which is a quiet way of admitting that maybe it should have at least looked into the camera idea before declaring it wasn't feasible.

Belichick' proposal, no matter how it were implemented, would be better than not implementing it at all. More cameras? Pointed at the exact spots where the most controversial calls take place? It was such a no-brainer that everyone (save the owners) found themselves agreeing with Bill Belichick, for god's sake.

So: they'll research it, and the owners could conceivably vote on it as early as the spring meetings in mid-May. There's an outside shot it could be in place for next season. Will Bill Belichick say "I told you so?" He will not. But it will come across in every smirk.​

NFL's official response to its previous statements AGAINST the cameras:

6a00d8341bf80c53ef015390e305b6970b-320wi.jpg

;)

I swear the only reason they shot his proposal down was spite.

I have no doubt that was the real reason. If Mr. Token-Suspension-From-Competition-Committee-Because-His-Team-Actually-Cheated-During-A-Game had proposed it, it would have happened already, for example.

"Belichick Derangement Syndrome".

IDK, I think this was a response to how much the media mocked their claims that it was too expensive. I don't know why they thought people would react differently when they cried that adding four cameras to each stadium would be an undo financial hardship when they made $3 billion last year and announced that they were considering to put the Pro Bowl in Brazil (the additional costs to do that will probably be more than the cost of all the cameras).

I think they will "research" this and let it magically go away until it is brought up next year.

They probably started looking after Jeff Fisher said he thought it was a good idea! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back