PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Cuts Thread

Rams have reportedly cut 17, including:

Garrett Gilbert

I'd heard that Gilbert had a rough camp, but if a QB can't make that team, yikes.

I just can't see Michael Sam getting cut. Not sure why Adam Silver and some other reporter thinks he won't make the team.

It was a chance for them to put Michael Sam's name in a headline.

I'd heard that Gilbert had a rough camp, but if a QB can't make that team, yikes.

Well, they do need to make room for Mallett. . . . ;)

Volin is reporting that the pats will keep 5 safeties

I just can't see Michael Sam getting cut. Not sure why Adam Silver and some other reporter thinks he won't make the team.

The Rams have a stacked DL
Sam can't play LB
Sam's a one-trick pony right now
Westbrook's been outplaying him

That's why the thought is out there.

well the Rams are going after a QB for sure

They say he's in a battle against Ethan Westbrooks. They say he's more versatile than the "undersized" Michael Sam. Now I heard that from ESPN. So now ESPN has got a great story if Sam makes the team: "Michael Sam makes team because he's gay". The media would love to use that headline considering they're the only ones saying he's Michael Sam the gay football player instead of Michael Sam the football player as he requested everyone to view him as.

Bills should cut EJ...I think mallett may have a better career then him.

well, I'll tell you, it's a real good thing Bill decided to keep Danny A. on the roster. He could easily play QB for the Bills and give us big problems, maybe even take the division. He KNOWS the entire offense and defense. He'd pick us apart. I know I know but...I just think Danny is the best player in the NFL today. heck, the best of the last twenty years and it's not even CLOSE!

danny-amendola.jpg

Man...just LOOK at that intensity...Danny takes it to another level never seen before, he's that good. I think 2000 yards and a 150 catches is not out of reach.

welp, gotta go, I got to drive my cab tonight...Go Pats!!! and Go Danny A. !!!

20130512120037!Valerian_FifthElement2.jpg

@RapSheet: #Falcons are releasing LB Pat Angerer, I’m told. Also cut LB Yawin Smallwood, their 7th rounder. A bit surprising on Angerer, who is healthy
Predraft Smallwood was being compared by some to Jerod Mayo, I guess not.

Last edited:
Jaguars cut Mike Brewster, Drew Nowak, Gerald Rivers,Ricky Stanzi, WR Chad Bumphis, Eric Kettani, Brandon Barden waived/injured

Jaguars also cut Cody Booth, DeAndre Coleman, Ricky Havili-Heimuli, Craig Loston, Stephen Morris, Kasey Redfern,

And Jaguars cut Tyler Shatley, D.J. Tialavea, Marcus Whitfield.

again, all per Aaron Wilson
DeAndre Coleman is a surprise, he is an interest prospect especially if we intend to run a 3-4.

Volin is reporting that the pats will keep 5 safeties

Think a lot of people were expecting them to keep 5 initially while Browner is suspended. But one of them is more than likely gone after week 4.

CBs that saw some time at Safety in the pre-season.
Arrington
Ryan
Dennard

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back