PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Commissioner Goodell Worked For The Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMike

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
he was a flunkie in the Jets organization.

Wife works for Fox

Tape leaked to Fox....

I'd say the Commish is biased, its obvious and I like the press starting to pick this up.

I haven't seen it reported that he worked for the Jets yet... but the story about his wife has been reported at a few places.

Wife works for Fox

Tape leaked to Fox....

I'd say the Commish is biased, its obvious and I like the press starting to pick this up.

Apparently, the "where there's smoke, there's fire" adage only applies to us.:rolleyes:

Honestly, though, I think it's far more likely this was leaked by a member of the competition committee.

Last edited:

Wife works for Fox

Tape leaked to Fox....

If the ravens accusation against the jets gets swept under the rug, you know somethings up.

Wife works for Fox

Tape leaked to Fox....

I don't know about the whole wife thing, but in my opinion was the commissioner was unfair at best with his punishment. He's just abusing his power as commissioner... theres really no other way to put it. I agree with stern punishments for steroids, but to give the max punishment for using a video camera in plain site on the sideline, and then make statements implying that had maximum penalty been higher, he would have handed out a harsher punishment. Its sad but it feels like a dictatorship with Goodell running the show, which wouldn't be a problem if he demonstrated some ability to make rash decisions, especially when the media is in an overreacting frenzy.

I thought the Rodney Harrison suspension was fair, and the Pacman Jones suspension. The rule violation to punishment was so out of whack on this one though.

Now with his continued digging at the Patriots, and his leaking of the tape he's finally exposing himself.

With great power comes great responsibility.

If the ravens accusation against the jets gets swept under the rug, you know somethings up.

I'm thinking it will get swept under the rug and since Billick criticized the officials for not making those calls, he's probably going to have to pay a fine.

Terry

Apparently, the "where there's smoke, there's fire" adage only applies to us.:rolleyes:

Honestly, though, I think it's far more likely this was leaked by a member of the competition committee.

If this wasn't leaked by Polian, I'd be shocked.

Goldwell's a super spy for Jets. Mangini was a spy Jets' owner sent to us, stole our signals, playbook, strategies, and then hired him to revenge BB.

======================================

Why do you think that, players try to draw the other team offsides all the time, if something happens on the field during the course of a game that is a violation of the rules then the player should be penalized, like a face mask, or pass interference, or holding.

When did Goodell work for the Jets?

Last edited:
Holy crap, I just looked it up and you're right. Goodell is the son of a NY congressman and senator, and worked for the NY Jets beginning in 1983!

I thought this reaked when it was the NY Jets who started the witch hunt, and more so when the anti-Patriots Competition Committee made the recommendation to Goodell, but I had no idea Goodell had been a NY Jets employee!

HOLY $#!t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roger was an intern for the Jets in 1983.

LOL. looks like some Pat fans have been working on his Wikipedia Bio.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Goodell's career in the National Football League began in 1982 as an administrative intern in the league office in New York under then-Commissioner Pete Rozelle - a position secured through an extensive letter-writing campaign to the league office and each of its then 28 teams. In 1983, he joined the New York Jets as an intern, but returned to the league office in 1984 as an assistant in the public relations department. As a life-long Jets fan, Goodell has been biased in his rulings against other NFL squads, attempting to derail the achievements of successful teams which have beaten the lowly Jets repeatedly. Goodell rewards rats, such as NYJ coach Eric Mangini, for their cowardly excuses and finger-pointing, when the real embarassment is Mangini's crybaby approach to coaching.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Goodell

Goodell's career in the National Football League began in 1982 as an administrative intern in the league office in New York under then-Commissioner Pete Rozelle - a position secured through an extensive letter-writing campaign to the league office and each of its then 28 teams. In 1983, he joined the New York Jets as an intern, but returned to the league office in 1984 as an assistant in the public relations department. As a life-long Jets fan, Goodell has been biased in his rulings against other NFL squads, attempting to derail the achievements of successful teams which have beaten the lowly Jets repeatedly. Goodell rewards rats, such as NYJ coach Eric Mangini, for their cowardly excuses and finger-pointing, when the real embarassment is Mangini's crybaby approach to coaching.

I dunno. It sounds "Fair and Balanced" (apologies wife Jane) to me. ;)

I dunno. It sounds "Fair and Balanced" (apologies wife Jane) to me. ;)

Wow, that is a little different bio than the one I had originally found. Glad that they corrected it.:rofl:

Belichick worked for the Jets a lot more recently than Goodell.

Like 8 years ago...versus 24 years ago.

Freakin HILARIOUS! Gotta luv Wiki, where those with no lives whatsoever can dedicate themselves to fabricating 'reality'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes