PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL.com - Top10 OLB's for 2010

IMO, the best value is Eric Norwood. The guy lacks height, but he has long arms, is physical, and explosive. He's experienced and productive and a good leader. Has experience at both DE and OLB. Love him and we could probably get him mid/late second.

IMO, the best value is Eric Norwood. The guy lacks height, but he has long arms, is physical, and explosive. He's experienced and productive and a good leader. Has experience at both DE and OLB. Love him and we could probably get him mid/late second.

The two who stand out to me are Sergio Kindle and Eric Norwood. Kindle had some off-field issues this summer, but otherwise looks like a probable top 15 pick. I think Norwood may end up being best suited as a 3-4 SILB. He is short but has terrific pass rushing and run defending skills, good skills in space, and a nose for the ball. He's one of my favorite prospects for the Pats in 2010.

The two who stand out to me are Sergio Kindle and Eric Norwood. Kindle had some off-field issues this summer, but otherwise looks like a probable top 15 pick. I think Norwood may end up being best suited as a 3-4 SILB. He is short but has terrific pass rushing and run defending skills, good skills in space, and a nose for the ball. He's one of my favorite prospects for the Pats in 2010.

I like Kindle too but as you said, he's gonna go real early. Norwood seems to be a cross between AD and Woodley. If only he were 6'4...To be honest not too many of the other OLB's excite me that much

Yeah, but since we're likely to be picking last (unless we trade up) :cool:

Realistically, how deep on the list do you think we'll have to look on the list.

Don't forget the DE's

3. Brandon Lang College: Troy Height/Weight: 6-3½, 255
6. Jermaine Cunningham College: Florida Height/Weight: 6-3 250
15. Auston English College: Oklahoma Height/Weight: 6-3 257

Mayo, I regard you as one of the draft experts on this board, but I am not sure if agree with you in regard to your assessment of Norwood.
I've only watched Norwood play against Iowa in the bowl game. In that game, he didn't show his run stuffing/pass rushing/pass defence skills. He appeared slow and didn't change directions all that well. What am I missing ?

A lot of this list is on the shorter side of the Patriots history with OLBs. I think all of the Patriots OLBs for the 3-4 are 6' 3" and above and have been.

I'm from Austin and watch most UT games. Kindle is not in the same class as Derrick Johnson, and DJ hasn't done much of anything in the NFL. IMO, Kindle has been more hype than impact so far, though he does have the tools. The same could be said for a lot of UT kids, especially the five-star recruits.

A lot of this list is on the shorter side of the Patriots history with OLBs. I think all of the Patriots OLBs for the 3-4 are 6' 3" and above and have been.

Except for Thomas, Burgess and TBC... just kidding

These all appear to be 4-3 OLB's.

The best 3-4 OLB's are playing DE in college, but there are a couple that I am going closely but hands down the best Pats fit I have seen in person is.........

Carlos Dunlap of Florida A 3-4 pass rush demon in the making. 6'6" and 270 lbs and he can run. With some help from BB on how to use his hands better, Dunlap could be very special as a 3-4 OLB.
There is going to be some transition time, but I am willing to wager that he will be gold after a year maybe two.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back