PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL.com ranking of backup QBs: Mallett #11, Tebow #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: BTW, couldn't help but notice that didn't try to continue the argument that Sparano brought the Wildcat to the NFL, therefore, he actually knew how to run it. Are you no longer standing by that position given what I posted >?

No I think he knew how to run it. I just think you want it to be everyone's fault that he failed in NY but Tebow's. I'm not going to beat a dead horse. You're set on your beliefs. I think logic shows otherwise.

It is interesting and ironic that scientists for years have tried to use logic and facts to argue against the belief in God or other religions with limited success. Now football fans are using the same thing to argue against the belief that Tebow is a NFL QB, and it also results in limited success.

What you see as excuses could actually be valid reasons.

Heck, let's look a the Pats and Brady for an example of this. People are asking if scoring will be down this year. Say that it does end up being down.

Would it be an "excuse" that basically lost something like 4 of his top 5 WRs ?

Instead of using a hypothetical example, how about we look at one from the past?

In 2007, the Pats finished the regular season undefeated at 16-0. The next year, they fell off quite a bit, finishing 11-5. Still a good record, but much worse than the year before.

Is it an "excuse" to point out that the Pats lost Tom Brady for the season and that the 11-5 was posted by a backup QB ?

You might call it an excuse, but I think most others would call it a "valid reason" or "explanation".

You're comparing TB blowing out his knee and the patriots going 11-5 with your belief that Rex Ryan didn't want to use Tebow because he was afraid he'd win the last 2 games of the season?

That doesn't really make sense bro, I understand you're a Tebow fan, but honestly you're passing the buck. Tebow should own his failures in NY. Had he performed in the wildcat and on the practice field he'd of been on the field.

Dan Henning the OC for the Dolphins developed the wildcat there not Tony Morano

here just look it up yourself
Wildcat formation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

we don't have to look anything up...it's all been covered HERE at Patsfans and done YEARS ago...in depth...

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...lphins-unveil-tomorrow-night.html#post2257197

one of the genesis articles on the subject...

The Blitz with Jeff Howe & Karen Guregian | Boston Herald

Here is a post by a Pats fans dot com MODERATOR back in 2009 that elucidates on a level a good factor of 10,000 beyond your attack post...

PATSNUTme
Paranoid Homer Moderator

My Mood: Devilish

Cool The Wildcat is coming!!!!
The dreaded Dolphins Wilcat is coming Should we be afraid? They did surprise the Patriots the first time they used it but the second time the Patriots did not have that much problem with it.

Most of us know that the Wildcat is just a Single Wing formation. With Ronnie and Rickey the Fins have 2 main ingredients for running the Wildcat- excellent RB's.

Here is an article that explains the Single Wing.

Single Wing Playbooks - Single Wing Offense - Single Wing Formation

They show some the various basic plays that can be run from the formation such as "blocking back keeper"

The off tackle play.

Certainly Henning has developed more diverse and complicated plays with the Fins.

BB always says "do YOUR job". With the Wildcat its important that players stick to their assignments and not go for all the fakes and misdirection.

I don't think the Wildcat is very scary at all.

No Patriots fan needs to be "taught" anything by an interloper with an agenda.Use the search function before you blast another Patriots fan next time.

At least you manage to capitalize the beginnings of your Sentences and spell things correctly, which is more than many seem to be able to manage...So I suppose I'll Count My Blessings. ;) [/Grammar Nazi]

I just think you want it to be everyone's fault that he failed in NY but Tebow's.

Not a failure if you didn't play. For what they asked him to do, he was pretty successful.

Is English that daunting a Language, folks?? :nooo:

I'm sorry OTG; I don't understand what you're asking here?

Could you please clarify?

Thank you for your Courteous Response to Criticism, Brother 6.

I was referring to the regrettably prevalent use of "Could of" in lieu of "Could have" by way of "Could've".

*I've seen it 8 MILLION times...Yours was merely The Straw, as it were. ;)

At least you manage to capitalize the beginnings of your Sentences and spell things correctly, which is more than many seem to be able to manage...So I suppose I'll Count My Blessings. ;) [/Grammar Nazi]

Lol, oh ok yeah I could pay better attention. I generally post from my phone. Sorry buddy I will work on it :)

Thank you for your Courteous Response to Criticism, Brother 6. ;)

I was referring the regrettably prevalent use of "Could of" in place of "Could have" by way of "Could've".

I'm awful I admit it. Criticize away my friend it's certainly merited.

This would probably be a solid investment for me.

http://m.grammarbook.com/

I'm awful I admit it. Criticize away my friend it's certainly merited.

This would probably be a solid investment for me.

GrammarBook.com Mobile

We are all PigDogs at some level or another ~ your attitude is very refreshing & greatly appreciated. :D

We are all PigDogs at some level or another ~ your attitude is very refreshing & greatly appreciated. :D

One thing I've learned as an adult is English class was actually more important than Gym class.

I should of believed my mother.. Shame on me!!

I was referring to the regrettably prevalent use of "Could of" in leiu of "Could have" by way of "Could've".

Well, good to know you're not a Spelling Nazi, too. ;)

No I think he knew how to run it. I just think you want it to be everyone's fault that he failed in NY but Tebow's. I'm not going to beat a dead horse. You're set on your beliefs. I think logic shows otherwise.

It is interesting and ironic that scientists for years have tried to use logic and facts to argue against the belief in God or other religions with limited success. Now football fans are using the same thing to argue against the belief that Tebow is a NFL QB, and it also results in limited success.

You think he knew how to run it based on the fact that it was used when he was HC in Miami. As has been shown, the "gurus" who brought it into the NFL and ran it in Miami were David Lee, the QB coach, who ran it at Arkansas, and Dan Henning, the OC who ran it at Carolina.

Just to illustrate, the Jet's will be running a WCO this year with Mornhinweg. Guess that makes Rex Ryan an guru on running a WCO as well? I mean, he is the HC and all.

BTW, I'll continue to beat the dead horse, because I sat there and watched every single Jets game last year multiple times. I watched them as they played and I then went back and watched the coach's All 22 film, then watched them again play by play in slow mo to get a closer look and a better understanding of what they were at least trying to do. For example, to try and figure out if Shonn Greene's futile running was his fault, the result of poor blocking technique, or perhaps terrible blocking schemes, or any combination of the three. Or to figure out if the problems in the passing game were due to Sanchez being a terrible QB, lack of protection, poor route running by receivers, yada, yada, yada.

That is what I'm basing my opinion off of. You, apparently, are basing your opinion off the fact that the Wildcat was used by Miami when Sparano was the HC.

Its a coaching staff. I think its safe to assume the head of that staff had an understanding of its offense.

No, that isn't a safe assumption at all. Some HC's are extremely well versed in their offense. Generally, they are coaches who spent a good amount of time as OCs themselves, and the team is running their style of offense.

Other coaches don't have that kind of understanding of the offense. This is usually the case with defensive minded coaches who came up as DCs.

There are some coaches who are wicked smart as to both sides of the ball and could teach both their OCs and DCs a thing or three, but those types are actually kind of rare.

Go back through Sparano's history as a coach and see if you can find ANY example of him employing or running a Wildcat offense prior to Henning and Lee introducing it in Miami.

BTW, I'll continue to beat the dead horse, because I sat there and watched every single Jets game last year multiple times. I watched them as they played and I then went back and watched the coach's All 22 film, then watched them again play by play in slow mo to get a closer look and a better understanding of what they were at least trying to do. For example, to try and figure out if Shonn Greene's futile running was his fault, the result of poor blocking technique, or perhaps terrible blocking schemes, or any combination of the three. Or to figure out if the problems in the passing game were due to Sanchez being a terrible QB, lack of protection, poor route running by receivers, yada, yada, yada.

That is what I'm basing my opinion off of. You, apparently, are basing your opinion off the fact that the Wildcat was used by Miami when Sparano was the HC.

I didn't do any of that, I didn't follow the Jets. I'm a Patriots fan, emphases on the belong to the patsfans forum.

Feel free to beat away at that horse just the same my friend. To be fair though I must point out as someone who could go either way in their opinion of Tebow if you really wanted me to embrace the concept of him you'd be much better suited to tell me what Tebow will do here to help us win, what he can add to the team unparalleled by another player on this roster.

Telling me about how he's been wronged in the past just leads me to think I'm going to have to hear all season how bad we're treating Tebow. Not exactly something to be amped up about.

And please don't make a Steve Young comparisons. I don't see it at all. Totally different players.

This logic makes zero sense, Rex Ryan is on hot seat as much as any HC in the NFL. His suggested loyalty to Sanchez is exaggerated. Geno Smith will have every chance to win the starting job. And I would be certain baring injury he will be the starter by week 8 at the latest.

Context matters. Ryan had made a point of 'sticking by' Sanchez all year long. If he starts Tebow, a playoff winning QB, and suddenly the team comes alive he'll look even worse than if they lost a few more games because fans, analysts and league types would have been able to go back and say his decision to stand by his man was what cost the Jets their season.

I also love how the people who don't like Tebow are suddenly huge fans of the Jets ability to judge talent. Didn't know there were so many Jets admirers among us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back