PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL.com: Marcell Dareus facing four-game suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbobbo

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Marcell Dareus facing four-game suspension

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that defensive tackle Marcell Dareus is facing a four-game suspension for yet another violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy, according to a source.

Rapoport told NFL Network that the ban stems from "either failed or missed drug tests involving his use of marijuana," noting that the Bills learned about the suspension just "two hours" before the public.

If the punishment sticks, Dareus will be sidelined for games against the Ravens, Jets, Cardinals and Patriots before he is eligible to return in Week 5 against the Los Angeles Rams.
good news for us, and for JAG.

Bills missing three starters (Dareus, Ragland, Enemkpali) as well as their 1st rd pick Shaq Lawson for our week 4 match up with them.

3-1 looks pretty good with strong defense and a conservative offense.

Four games for a failed weed test... including ours...

MTM2ZmM2NWFkYyMvRlZwTEFVUTBhZHhob1NvTDRXVVoyU0REX3YwPS9maXQtaW4vOTAweDkwMC9maWx0ZXJzOm5vX3Vwc2NhbGUoKTpxdWFsaXR5KDgwKS9odHRwOi8vaW1hZ2VzLm1pYy5jb20veDNla3dmdXQ1NDd6ZTAweHd5MHIwdW9qajZwbWE0dW5nYnZhNWJlYmNlYmZyZ3VuMXpuZHB1dHVtZGFvbDI2Yi5naWY.gif

...that's a nice hit. ;)

Another suspension for something that's none of the NFL's business. It's really too bad that the NFLPA is the neutered teacup Chihuahua of sports unions.

dareus = overrated and overpaid.

i hope whayley gets a 10 year extension!!!!! he really knows what he's doing!!:D

wasn't the NFL going to start taking draft picks from teams with multiple players suspended?

Here's what Dareus has to say on the matter. The hashtag movement has gone too far; They make his apology seem childish and insincere. #makeexcuses, #believe, #superbowl.. lol.

Here's what Dareus has to say on the matter. The hashtag movement has gone too far; They make his apology seem childish and insincere. #makeexcuses, #believe, #superbowl.. lol.

shouldn't that hashtag be #noexcuses, as in "i will make #noexcuses"?

the only people who are going to find his tweet are people who are looking for ways to make excuses.

shouldn't that hashtag be #noexcuses, as in "i will make #noexcuses"?

the only people who are going to find his tweet are people who are looking for ways to make excuses.

That be a lot of folks.

Another suspension for something that's none of the NFL's business. It's really too bad that the NFLPA is the neutered teacup Chihuahua of sports unions.

it's no different than people competing in the Olympics. Smoking weed gets you bounced from there as well..

More like living with/dating a woman for 5 years and then finding out you don't like her after getting married (with no pre-nup) and she hasn't changed any of her behaviors. She's still essentially the same person. Do you think your friends are going to have any sympathy for you?

Keep em coming, NFL! Poison the well! Suspend every team's best players!

After how Deflategate went, I don't care about what's right anymore. I want every team to lose its best player and all the dumb-as-a-brick fans, players, and team execs who cheered Brady's suspension to get ****ed. This is the only way that the narrative will ever flip on Brady to the public at large realizing how badly he was screwed.

it's no different than people competing in the Olympics. Smoking weed gets you bounced from there as well..

I think (and I'd bet Deus agrees) that it's stupid there too. Weed is not a PED, this isn't an eating contest.

In before Goodell reduces it to two games so that he plays us in week 4.

I don't think substance abuse suspensions get reduced generally, since they're so rigidly collectively bargained to begin with. I wouldn't put anything past Goodell at this point, but I'd be at least a little surprised if he broke precedent here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing