PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL.com just doesn't care about credibility at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATS16N0

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ets-and-eagles-among-nfls-most-talented-teams

I can semi-understand the temptation by outlets like ESPN to just be completely corrupt and earn as much money as they can tabloid-trash style, but you would think NFL.com would want to be somewhat credible.
Instead, they're all about the Roger Goodell vision of the NFL, where, especially in the off season, every kid's a winner.

I give you… the return of Bucky Brooks*

His top ten most talented rosters. Every AFC East team is on it… except, of course, the reigning Superbowl champions lol.

The Jets are #4 lol. (Hey, isn't that how many wins they had last year? Jets dominating this offseason)

This list is supposed to represent the most talented teams in the NFL outside the QB position. Hilarious how the Patriots don't even make it, meaning Tom Brady must have a heavy load to carry in order to, you know, be the Superbowl champion of 2014, but I guess he sucks anyway. In fact, just **** the Patriots. "I ****ing hate those guys!"

Everyone outside NE is just collectively saying "I don't care, I can't stand it!"

According to the comments, this genius had Dallas being one of the worst teams in the league last year.

I'm going to venture to guess he didn't have the Pats winning the Superbowl, and was probably big on the "Brady is done" chatter when we were on to Cincinnati.

I live in Idiocracy

Guy has Percy Harvin and Jerome Felton as blue chips.

Ya I know Harvin has ability but the last time he did it for a full season was 2011.

And a FB? Come on.

Great. I hope more ****wits in the media continue their disrespect of the Patriots. It's not like BB won't be filling the bulletin board with GFY redux tour material.

The best part about it is always how the media Stalinism of airbrushing out the Patriots every off season just makes other fan bases that much more pissed off once football starts.
"WTF! THESE GUYS WERE SUPPOSED TO BE DONE! THEY'RE ROLLING EVERYBODY AGAIN!"

ohhhhh...this guy was with carolina when they 'went' to a superbowl...........

kinda like how grigson was with the rams and philly when they 'went' to superbowls, I guess

seems like a lot of guys with opinions 'went' to superbowls the last 15 yrs

think this article is definitive proof of the power of a third of a pound of air.

ohhhhh...this guy was with carolina when they 'went' to a superbowl...........

kinda like how grigson was with the rams and philly when they 'went' to superbowls, I guess

seems like a lot of guys with opinions 'went' to superbowls the last 15 yrs

I saw that. Obviously he's still very upset about the loss.

The best part about it is always how the media Stalinism of airbrushing out the Patriots every off season just makes other fan bases that much more pissed off once football starts.
"WTF! THESE GUYS WERE SUPPOSED TO BE DONE! THEY'RE ROLLING EVERYBODY AGAIN!"
Bucky Brooks has a history of moronic posting so it's not entirely outrageous that he would author something as stupid as that article. I'm also of the belief that the NFL is desperately trying to bring the Patriots down a few pegs to encourage "hope" for supporters of other AFC teams. It's propaganda 101.

A cursory look at the Patriots roster is encouraging. The Patriots:
  • Are settled at QB and can arguably claim to owning 2 of the 3 best QBs in the AFC East,
  • Own a solid run game and have a platoon filled with players owning complimentary skill-sets,
  • Possess one of the better OL units in the NFL,
  • Are in possession of a reasonably talented, young pass catching brigade,
  • Have without question, the finest collection of Tight Ends in the NFL (and by some distance),
  • Have a solid mix of run stoppers and pass rushers on the DL,
  • Are deep at the LBer position with players capable of playing every role,
  • Have one of the best Safeties in the NFL and a few question marks at CB, and
  • Own the best Special Teams unit in the NFL.
Sure, there were some significant losses in Free Agency but I'm reasonably happy with the state of the roster. The Pats had a decent draft and will continue adding to the roster. If an outside opinion can't recognize that, then as you said, that's their problem not yours or mine.

I'm starting to realize that NFL.com contributors are basically the equivalent of moderators for video game forums. Picked on in high school, they now wield their power and authority to get revenge.

Become-an-internet-forum-moderator.jpg

This has been around awhile. I'm temped to play around in photoshop and change it to

"Weak?
Nerdy?
Lost to the Patriots in the Superbowl?

Then why not become an internet sports-writer?

The NEW way to feel power of thrashing the Patriots without them thrashing YOU on the field"

Last edited:
Bucky Brooks has a history of moronic posting so it's not entirely outrageous that he would author something as stupid as that article. I'm also of the belief that the NFL is desperately trying to bring the Patriots down a few pegs to encourage "hope" for supporters of other AFC teams. It's propaganda 101.

• Are settled at QB and can arguably claim to owning 2 of the 3 best QBs in the AFC East,
  • Own a solid run game and have a platoon filled with players owning complimentary skill-sets,
  • Have without question, the finest collection of Tight Ends in the NFL (and by some distance),

but besides that

I'm assuming this guy is no longer a scout?

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: GRONK alone would be the best TE unit in the NFL, and I'm not sure it's close.

If this unit lives up to our hopes, it could outdo the record-setting 2011 unit.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: GRONK alone would be the best TE unit in the NFL, and I'm not sure it's close.

If this unit lives up to our hopes, it could outdo the record-setting 2011 unit.
If the OL gels, I have quiet confidence in the capabilities of this Patriots team. Outside of the unknown at CB, I like what I see and believe the Pats have as good a chance as anybody to get back to the big dance this season.

Well, it's his theory that only "blue chip" players (on offense or defense) matter, QBs aside. OK, then who would be a "blue chip" on the Pats?

I hope nobody would argue against:
  • Gronk
  • Edelman
  • Vollmer
  • McCourty
The other main candidates, in some order, are Solder, Jones, Ninkovich and the three LBs. Stork and Butler can be his "on the rise" guys. Hopefully the first-round DTs will join the discussion soon.

It's easy to say the Jets have one of the most talented teams "excluding the QB position."

It's too bad that the QB position is by far the most important position on the team. It's also too bad that the QB position is the Jets' weakest link. Maybe that explains how the "#4 talented team excluding QB" can only manage 4 wins. Because, unfortunately for them, the real games do not exclude the QB position...

NFL.com <<< bleacher report, and i wouldn't wipe my bum with bleacher report articles

And they just won the Super Bowl with one of the youngest rosters around. Aside from Brady, Ninkovich and Gostkowski, there isn't anybody on the roster with 10 years of experience or more...

The thing is, every time a story like this gets noticed, linked, and posted about, they win. Their business model is attracting the flies it needs to be successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes