PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL.com Bracketology, Greatest QB of All Time; Should be Brady vs Unitas in the final

OT: NFL.Com Bracketology - Brady barely beating Eli

In NFL.com's contest for greatest QB of all time, Brady is leading Eli manning by only 30,000 votes or so in the first round. It seems to be mostly just Brady haters who voted for Eli, so if you haven't voted yet make sure you do. I can see a whole bunch Giants fans voting for Eli by tomorrow's deadline to close the gap.

http://www.nfl.com/qs/bracketology/round1.jsp

Brady
Votes:

Manning
Votes:

Edit: my mistake, brady is winning by 500,000 votes now. Still 5,000,000 votes for Eli over brady is a lot.

Re: OT: NFL.Com Bracketology - Brady barely beating Eli

I think all those Eli votes were by people who thought this was a tournament of "who throws the most interceptions"

Ummm... I didn't look at the numbers on the NFL.com site to confirm what you wrote. But based on the numbers you listed, Brady is leading by 324,000 not 30,000. But even so, Brady should be far greater than that.

To paraphrase Frank Burns from an episode of M*A*S*H:

"I care not, I have never cared, and at this point I don't care twice as much as I never cared before!" LOL

Ummm... I didn't look at the numbers on the NFL.com site to confirm what you wrote. But based on the numbers you listed, Brady is leading by 324,000 not 30,000. But even so, Brady should be far greater than that.

You're right, I read the numbers wrong. but out of 10 million votes, 5 million or so voted for Eli...

As of last night, the pats send out something on facebook that eli was beating brady, so the numbers definitely changed this morning...

seriously, how do we vote? just select the player, where is the submit button?

I'm a little confused. I also see Brady's number jumping like crazy every time i refresh the page though :eek: he is now at 6188236

The bigger crime is that to date, Terry Bradshaw is beating Otto Graham by a landslide.

In his day, Graham was a much better QB than Bradshaw was in his. Yes, Bradshaw won 4 Super Bowls. But Graham played in 10 in a row, winning 7 of them. Just because they weren't called "Super Bowls" then, doesn't lessen the achievement.

The bigger crime is that to date, Terry Bradshaw is beating Otto Graham by a landslide.

Otto Graham was a cracker. :D

Come to think of it, so is Bradshaw. LMAO!!!

I put my vote in. Although I really don't care about these polls where fans get to vote. Wasn't Brady on top of a list voted by fans of the most hated players in the NFL? Brady beat a murderer (Ray Lewis) and numerous other dirty players/drug abusers/rapists/etc. as the most hated player by fans. I don't put any thought into these fan voting polls anymore.

seriously, how do we vote? just select the player, where is the submit button?

I'm a little confused. I also see Brady's number jumping like crazy every time i refresh the page though :eek: he is now at 6188236

can't figure it out either... where is the submit button?

can't figure it out either... where is the submit button?

What does it say about you that thousands of Eli fans managed to figure this out?

* just kidding. LOL. :D

the margin isn't surprising to me, however its funny to see the amount of votes Brady and Eli have vs anybody else in the bracket.

Well, let's be honest, not everyone may be voting based on the true criteria. I think the intent was to vote based on hall of fame resume, but there may be plenty who are voting based on 'who would win a head to head matchup?' After all, Eli has won three in a row over the Patriots including two victories on the games greatest stage. Let's not also forget that all three of those victories came down to a come from behind fourth quarter victory in which a quarterbacks' poise and greatness are really on display.

I hate Giants and Eli but I can't say that I'm at all surprised that he is getting some recognition for his mastery of the Patriots.

Otto Graham was a cracker. :D

Come to think of it, so is Bradshaw. LMAO!!!

I played golf with Otto Graham 15 years ago. Didn't figure out who this "Otto" guy was riding around in my cart until the 16th hole. A month later, I played poker with my father and a group of his friends and happened to mention who I played a round of golf with. The room went dead silent...it was as if I had been touched by the hand of God.... for this older generation of sports fan. Then I tossed out for these geezers that I met Ted Williams along with a bunch of other Boston legends that same day. As one of the old timers explained to me, back when they grew up, it was all about the radio and their imaginations working together...and the biggest stars were elevated to the top of Mount Olympus....and Otto Gtraham, Ted Williams, Joe Dimaggio they were the purest form of what was right with this country and in their minds there would never be a substitute....a lot like the love affair Brady has with New Englanders now......very rare.

For me, even in the 70's, baseball was a lot like that. Out at our summer lake cottage, listening to the Sox on my little transistor radio, following Yaz and Pudge and El Tiante and Freddy Lynn... the mind's images are 1000 times more powerful than the eye's.

Not comparing Teddy Ballgame and Otto Graham to these guys, but just making the point.

Russell Wilson beating Peyton, Drew beating Troy. I guess Patriot fans are doing a lot of voting.

Peyton didn't survive the 1st round lol
Colts fans mad :)

this brings up an interesting question

are there any Quaterbacks with multiple superbowl wins who is not in the hof?

this brings up an interesting question

are there any Quaterbacks with multiple superbowl wins who is not in the hof?

Some guy that the Patriots drafted first overall comes to mind.

Nothing better for people to do than to run and vote in some internet poll to get their favorite player????

I'm sure the ice cream truck will be pulling up soon to distract you from your arithmetic. lol

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back