PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL.com asks 200,000 fans to rank all 32 teams - Patriots a surprise at #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah right, 9 times in a row, that's how many times the Steelers have beaten the Browns. People act as if they Browns are the only ones that have made any improvements in that division. Who's their running back again? Oh yeah, Jamal Lewis, he hasn't hurt us in years. They improved their D-line, but really, how much better did they get? Not that much when you look at the garbage they had. My mother's aunt would have been an upgrad on that d-line. They added Stallworth on the Offense, and from reading this board, you guys didn't mind him leaving all that much, and Tom Brady isn't throwing the ball his way next season. I fear not their offense.

It would be like Pats fans fearing the Jets this season. It isn't going to happen.

I agree with Dino. The Browns are overrated. They benefitted last year from an easy schedule (NFC West and AFC East). In fact, in playing those two divisions, they got to play 4 of the worst 7 records in the league, plus Buffalo who was 11th. And two against Baltimore who was 8th. Their best win was Seattle at home.

This year they play the NFC East and AFC South, arguably the two best divisions in the league. Derek Anderson did not play that well in the 2nd half of the season if I recall correctly.

The tougher schedule alone could cost them as much as 3 wins.

yeah right, 9 times in a row, that's how many times the Steelers have beaten the Browns. People act as if they Browns are the only ones that have made any improvements in that division. Who's their running back again? Oh yeah, Jamal Lewis, he hasn't hurt us in years. They improved their D-line, but really, how much better did they get? Not that much when you look at the garbage they had. My mother's aunt would have been an upgrad on that d-line. They added Stallworth on the Offense, and from reading this board, you guys didn't mind him leaving all that much, and Tom Brady isn't throwing the ball his way next season. I fear not their offense.

It would be like Pats fans fearing the Jets this season. It isn't going to happen.

Yea well, if Feb 3rd taught us anything, it's you better fear the team you are playing. How may times do you think Bill will bring that up this year? I'll take the over on that line, whatever it may be.

Oh, we lost to the Cardinals and Jets last season, so I don't take any team for granted, but for the Browns fans to talk smack, well that's just silliness. I mean, I feel happy for those adorably cute Browns fans that are all excited about this up coming season, but I just hate to see them get their little ole hearts broken time and time again.

And that's going to happen again this season. As always does when they have high expectations. Remember, last season, they were picked to win 6 games at the most. Now I'm supposed to believe they "turned the corner". Think not. They are so cute though, in their orange and brown outfits.

What this article proves is Pats is the BEST even though they hate us.

Yea well, if Feb 3rd taught us anything, it's you better fear the team you are playing. How may times do you think Bill will bring that up this year? I'll take the over on that line, whatever it may be.

If I am BB, and the Pats make it to SB, my pregame speech is a half hour of watching the Giants ticket tape parade.

If I am BB, and the Pats make it to SB, my pregame speech is a half hour of watching the Giants ticket tape parade.

Yea, Right on. How about a couple of shots of the Giants Super Bowl ring party as well.

Man, it still hurts to think of that.

Just as I don't buy the Jenkins transition to 3-4 as being the cure-all for the Jets, I'm pretty skeptical of Rogers to Cleveland, especially when both have had concerns with weight/ambition. That said, their front seven was pretty unappealing last season and they've made a bunch of moves that could (and probably will) help them this season. I'd be concerned if I were a Steelers fan because the Steelers offensive line blew last year and will probably blow this year (although possibly to a lesser degree, you guys really like Mahan being benched).

Stallworth won't be missed here, but that doesn't mean he won't be an improvement for the Browns. He should continue to see a lot of single coverage playing with Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow and may even be utilized differently in Cleveland. They have a lot of talent at the skill positions, a really good offensive line, and a solid quarterback. The Browns have a lot of upside.

The Browns and Steelers both finished with 10-6 records. The Patriots finished 16-0, the Jets 4-12. I don't think it's anything like Patriots fans fearing the Jets.

The Browns were an over achieving ten wins last season with smoke and mirrors while the Steelers underachieved losing to the Cards and Jets. Not in the same class.

I've said it before, the team that worries me in the AFC this season is Denver. I mean, sure the Colts and Pats will be there at the top again and if the Jags can win one against the Colts sometime soon maybe I'll give them props, and if Norv doesn't completely ruin the Chargers they have a shot at getting back, but the team in the AFC that won't stay down, is the Broncos. They have my interest as a "sleeper" team this season. Cleveland, not so much. They should focus on the Cowboys week 1 and not worry about their week 2 game. Note: We open against the Houston Texans. I'll be watching the Texans with interest in the pre-season.

I thought with all the hate the other fans have for this team I think it was a surprise to still see the majority of the fans of about 200,000 voters to rank New England at #1

Buffalo was next in the East but the fans ranked them way down at #23? - I think thats a bit low,I do not think there is a large a gap like #1 to #23 in the East,I would rank Buffalo somewhere around 16 or so.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsess...0d5d808a0063&template=with-video&confirm=true

I agree about Buffalo- 23 seems way low. The rest of the East looks ok-the Jets are right where they should be:D and it seems the NFL fans predict Miami to have another stellar season- they're ranked dead last lol.

Interesting about the Pats being voted #1...I figured the haters would be out in full force for this one, but in that case the poll would look less than credible. Fans ranking them somewhere like 4-5, or even worse, would turn the poll into a joke. But it's still surprising the Pats didn't end up more like second in this particular poll... maybe the trolls didn't vote ;)

Just as I don't buy the Jenkins transition to 3-4 as being the cure-all for the Jets, I'm pretty skeptical of Rogers to Cleveland, especially when both have had concerns with weight/ambition. That said, their front seven was pretty unappealing last season and they've made a bunch of moves that could (and probably will) help them this season. I'd be concerned if I were a Steelers fan because the Steelers offensive line blew last year and will probably blow this year (although possibly to a lesser degree, you guys really like Mahan being benched).

Stallworth won't be missed here, but that doesn't mean he won't be an improvement for the Browns. He should continue to see a lot of single coverage playing with Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow and may even be utilized differently in Cleveland. They have a lot of talent at the skill positions, a really good offensive line, and a solid quarterback. The Browns have a lot of upside.

The Browns and Steelers both finished with 10-6 records. The Patriots finished 16-0, the Jets 4-12. I don't think it's anything like Patriots fans fearing the Jets.

That's a fair assessment, and I agree about the Jets analogy too. I don't fear them, they just annoy me but that's another topic entirely ;)
Plus RAC's a far better coach than Mangini (jmho), but anyway if I were a Steeler fan I wouldn't puh the Browns at all. RAC's done a nice job fixing their front 7 and he's an excellent defensive coach. RAC was the first one to contain Moss last year, and I remember reading the NYG coaches used that very gameplan the most when preparing for the SB. They'd studied them all, including that of the Ravens, but it was RAC's that they found to be most valuable.
Cleveland will be very interesting to watch.

They have a lot of talent at the skill positions, a really good offensive line, and a solid quarterback. The Browns have a lot of upside.
See "CINCINATTI BENGALS";) Yeah, they have some good offensive players and are capable of putting up points, but they wont be able to run against us, and I know that they wont be able to contain our new offense this season.

See "CINCINATTI BENGALS";) Yeah, they have some good offensive players and are capable of putting up points, but they wont be able to run against us, and I know that they wont be able to contain our new offense this season.

The steelers will be much like the chargers...a team that gets a lot of hype, but hits a brick wall and does nothing.

The steelers will be much like the chargers...a team that gets a lot of hype, but hits a brick wall and does nothing.
Time will tell, but its kinda hard to predict that this early dont ya think?

Time will tell, but its kinda hard to predict that this early dont ya think?

Hehe.

The life of that "new offense" is still on the line (pun intended) and until I see otherwise I'm going to have to assume that that offensive line will not be very good.

Last edited:
I thought with all the hate the other fans have for this team I think it was a surprise to still see the majority of the fans of about 200,000 voters to rank New England at #1

Buffalo was next in the East but the fans ranked them way down at #23? - I think thats a bit low,I do not think there is a large a gap like #1 to #23 in the East,I would rank Buffalo somewhere around 16 or so.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsess...0d5d808a0063&template=with-video&confirm=true

that is the obvious choice... isn't it?

Hehe.

The life of that "new offense" is still on the line (pun intended) and until I see otherwise I'm going to have to assume that that offensive line will not be very good.
Yeah, but Ben still put up career high numbers and made the pro bowl behind that line.

This is what happens when you get to vote for your team instead of a top 10 poll where all the bad teams fans are pissed about getting the score run up so they vote for any team other than the pats.

The Browns were an over achieving ten wins last season with smoke and mirrors while the Steelers underachieved losing to the Cards and Jets. Not in the same class.

I've said it before, the team that worries me in the AFC this season is Denver. I mean, sure the Colts and Pats will be there at the top again and if the Jags can win one against the Colts sometime soon maybe I'll give them props, and if Norv doesn't completely ruin the Chargers they have a shot at getting back, but the team in the AFC that won't stay down, is the Broncos. They have my interest as a "sleeper" team this season. Cleveland, not so much. They should focus on the Cowboys week 1 and not worry about their week 2 game. Note: We open against the Houston Texans. I'll be watching the Texans with interest in the pre-season.

On what basis do you grant the Broncos "sleeper" status?

I don't understand how Dallas are ranked higher than the chargers, I mean you might not like them, but an injured chargers team gave us(statistically the best team in the NFL) a scare in the AFC championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back