PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL.com asks 200,000 fans to rank all 32 teams - Patriots a surprise at #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I thought with all the hate the other fans have for this team I think it was a surprise to still see the majority of the fans of about 200,000 voters to rank New England at #1

Buffalo was next in the East but the fans ranked them way down at #23? - I think thats a bit low,I do not think there is a large a gap like #1 to #23 in the East,I would rank Buffalo somewhere around 16 or so.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsess...0d5d808a0063&template=with-video&confirm=true

Last edited:
They may hate us but deep down they all know were damn good :rocker:

Re: NFL.com asks fans to rank all 32 teams - Patriots a surprise at #1

It just goes to show that not all NFL fans are blind homers and pick a team they like over one thats clearly a better team. I personally like to think that the defending superbowl champs should be number one in the rankings until they get dethroned, I also feel that way about college ball too. Though realistically the Giants shouldn't be considered number one as far as talent goes. I thought that the Browns and the Vikings may have been ranked a bit high. I think the Steelers at number seven is about right though I think they will be better than that by years end.

It just goes to show that not all NFL fans are blind homers and pick a team they like over one thats clearly a better team. I personally like to think that the defending superbowl champs should be number one in the rankings until they get dethroned, I also feel that way about college ball too. Though realistically the Giants shouldn't be considered number one as far as talent goes. I thought that the Browns and the Vikings may have been ranked a bit high. I think the Steelers at number seven is about right though I think they will be better than that by years end.

With the apparent hardest schedule possibly seen for years (at least on paper) that the Steelers must go through this year you should be happy to see them 8-8 this year.

With the apparent hardest schedule possibly seen for years (at least on paper) that the Steelers must go through this year you should be happy to see them 8-8 this year.
While I dont think I could ever be happy with an 8-8 record, its definitley a possibility that they have a bit of a rough year this year, I am excited about all the weapons we have coming together on offense. Our passing is starting to look like it could/will be one of the best in the NFL. Our defense should be good again especially at LB. Of course there are always the skeptics of our O-line, but I think that just having sean mahan on the bench is a vast improvement from last season:) I'm thinking 9-7 is the worse that we do this year, but I'm thinking 11-5 and a divisional title.:cool:

I thought the Steelers had a great draft. Mendenhall and Sweed.
Given Parker's size and coming off an injury. Mendenhall should be
a perfect complement. Sweed could be that tall receiver Rothliesberger
is looking for and an eventual replacement for H.Ward.

who ever said tha patriots were not and are nto respected...

they are....they are just hated....but we all know who the number one team is....some of us just dont want to admit it to patriots fans

Thanks for posting this...it really put a smile on my face. I think the list is pretty dead-on minus a few minor stretches here and there ( most notably Minnesota and NO at 10 and 13) and some shuffles I'd personally make in 2-5. Eventually the truth comes out. :)

they are....they are just hated....but we all know who the number one team is....some of us just dont want to admit it to patriots fans
Well, some people do accuse Pats fans of being arrogant, and I guess there must be some truth to it, because no one really cares if you are man enough to admit it or not. It's there regardless.

Colts are ranked too high. Didn't the Chargers kick the Colts ass on their home field when it mattered? The Giants also have to be ranked above the Cowboys.

Last edited:
Wonder what Mark Schelereth thinks about this??? He will probably believe that the Pats cheated and stuffed the ballot box..

they are....they are just hated....but we all know who the number one team is....some of us just don't want to admit it to patriots fans

The next sentence out of those "fans" mouths will include "cheat." Three years ago the word was "system."

Respect and appreciate are different things. It boils down to different interpretations of "respect". When the Patriots actually win the Super Bowl the same year they have the most pro-bowlers then they'll be respected.

Wonder what Mark Schelereth thinks about this??? He will probably believe that the Pats cheated and stuffed the ballot box..

No he'll just say the fans recognize the value of cheating.:rolleyes:

While I dont think I could ever be happy with an 8-8 record, its definitley a possibility that they have a bit of a rough year this year, I am excited about all the weapons we have coming together on offense. Our passing is starting to look like it could/will be one of the best in the NFL. Our defense should be good again especially at LB. Of course there are always the skeptics of our O-line, but I think that just having sean mahan on the bench is a vast improvement from last season:) I'm thinking 9-7 is the worse that we do this year, but I'm thinking 11-5 and a divisional title.:cool:

As best I could tell the Steelers draft was a bargain hunt at the scratch and dent table. Players that at one time where expected to go higher in the draft, but were passed over by others because of recent injuries. This might have been a brilliant plan or it might be a total bust. If the injuries were minor and they heal -- the steelers got some great bargains or maybe they have drafted the injury prone who will sit on IR for most of the games and then get cut. Being the draft is largely a crap shoot anyway, what the hey might as well.

Not a surprise to me - the Pats were called "chokers" after SB42 because they are the best team in the league and the Giants were just ready to play that day. Teams can't live off miracle plays forever.

I wouldn't put too much stock in any poll that has the Cleveland Browns ranked in the top 10.

I wouldn't put too much stock in any poll that has the Cleveland Browns ranked in the top 10.

I wouldn't underestimate the Browns - they had to get over some growing pains last year but they fielded a pretty good team which will only get better next season.

No he'll just say the fans recognize the value of cheating.:rolleyes:

It will be interesting in a few years when these idiots are still talking about cheating and someone debates them with the 18-1 season, what do they say then????

Wow,A Steeler fan saying the Browns don't belong in the top 10 - Shocking! :eek:

I would be more apt to say a bit worried about the division

Wow,A Steeler fan saying the Browns don't belong in the top 10 - Shocking! :eek:

I would be more apt to say a bit worried about the division

yeah right, 9 times in a row, that's how many times the Steelers have beaten the Browns. People act as if they Browns are the only ones that have made any improvements in that division. Who's their running back again? Oh yeah, Jamal Lewis, he hasn't hurt us in years. They improved their D-line, but really, how much better did they get? Not that much when you look at the garbage they had. My mother's aunt would have been an upgrad on that d-line. They added Stallworth on the Offense, and from reading this board, you guys didn't mind him leaving all that much, and Tom Brady isn't throwing the ball his way next season. I fear not their offense.

It would be like Pats fans fearing the Jets this season. It isn't going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes