PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL.com Anatomy of a play: Brady to Gronk part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier in the game when they ran that play and dumped to Woodhead, Gronk ran a shorter route and then turned into a blocker. Everything they'd done up to that point was designed to cause hesitation in the defensive backfield, and it worked to a charm.

Excellent observation. I seem to remember Weiss used to do this alot, use an earlier play a few times, then change it up a little at the end of the game like this. I haven't noticed this from OBrien yet, but I'm far from any kind of a football mind :)

Wow! Many thanks for a GREAT post. Loved the breakdown. I also can't believe James Harrison's decision to totally remove himself from anything useful on the play.

Defensive player of the year a couple of years ago makes a brutal mistake on a key TD pass. Ouch.

:bricks:

If I understand the film correctly, Polamalu had Woodhead, not Harrison. It looks like the call was a 6 man blitz with an overload to the offensive right side and Farrior twisting to force Light to choose between him or Harrison.

In man coverage Harrison had to go to Woodhead. That's his job. No defense intentionally leaves a receiver uncovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes