PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL.com Anatomy of a play: Brady to Gronk part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady2Welker

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
NFL Videos: Wk 10 Anatomy: Brady's TD Pass to Gronkowski

Cool video, Mayock does a nice job breaking it down. It's nice to see these plays from a coaches tape perspective, it's always interesting to see.

I can't believe what Harrison did, even more cool is how fast Brady then made that decision to go over the top to Gronkowski once he saw Harrison was giving him the time for Gronk to get open.

Wow! Many thanks for a GREAT post. Loved the breakdown. I also can't believe James Harrison's decision to totally remove himself from anything useful on the play.

Harrison must have been thinking it was going to be a screen pass and wanted to disrupt it.

Wow! That was a great analysis. Great film clips, too.
That was a real slick play on Brady's part, adjusting to the situation as he does. Harrison looked like a dope out there. :p I can't blame him though.

Great stuff. :D

The best part of that vid, IMHO, is from 3:14 to 3:18. Brady's staring a hole through Woodhead, but watch Brady's eyes as Harrison breaks off his rush and Brady realizes he can get much more than a dump off. :cool:

In man coverage Harrison had to go to Woodhead. That's his job. No defense intentionally leaves a receiver uncovered.

yeah i think if woodhead stayed in to block harrison would definately have been coming. But as he released harrison didn't want to give that quick out because he knew they were blitzing... the problem is he didn't really even go with woodhead he dropped into a sort of no mans land short zone

Awesomely awesome. I love these short videos. NFL has some great stuff if you dig around a bit.

Well while we are Nfl films products, check the ultimate audio from the game.
Make sure you use earphones that cancels out noise from your surrounding.
This is really good.

NFL Videos: Ultimate Audio: NE vs. PIT

That was interesting. Talk about woodhead demanding attention. Polamalu crashes in on him and then Harrison tries to cover him thinking a screen.

This is really good.

vuudu! That was the most gratifying thing I've watched SINCE the game itself. Thanks for posting that!

Wow both of those were awesome! Great breakdown of the 3rd Gronk td and the audio thing yeah plug in some good headphones and it's pretty outstanding. Thankyou

That play was designed to force the Gronk mismatch. Underrated aspect of Brady's game is seen when he sells the screen with his eyes to pull under coverage down and away from Gronk who you see feints bubble screen block on Polamalu (who is greedy to kill the screen) before doing a 7, leaving him on an island with the RCB. This is why in the Patriots offense it is important that everyone does their job; e.g., the OL pulls weakside- that is a nice clever touch to sell the package. Harrison, to his credit, figures out pretty quick it is a fake which is why you see him freeze and try to read Brady.

This is really good.

i wish nfl films actually produced actual nfl network games. The quality of the league's game broadcast can use some professional and high quality work like this.

yeah i think if woodhead stayed in to block harrison would definately have been coming. But as he released harrison didn't want to give that quick out because he knew they were blitzing... the problem is he didn't really even go with woodhead he dropped into a sort of no mans land short zone

Thats what I was thinking too. In the last angle you can also see Woodhead streaking down the sideline wide open. SO even when Gronk would have been covered, there would have been another easy TD target in Woodhead.

Also I find it hard to believe, that Harrison cant cross 5 yds of open field fast enough to make Brady hurry and potentially miss the pass to woodhead.

Earlier in the game when they ran that play and dumped to Woodhead, Gronk ran a shorter route and then turned into a blocker. Everything they'd done up to that point was designed to cause hesitation in the defensive backfield, and it worked to a charm.

Great post thanks for the link.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye