PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Awards & Media's 'Best of 2010'

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Clayton's 2010 All-Pro Team

I don't know if ESPN wants to take complete ownership of this mess. So I'll change the title to Clayton's or Mr Peepers.

Last edited:
re: Clayton's 2010 All-Pro Team

1600 yards. 16 tds. 66 catches.

Foster deserve it.

1400+ yards on a 6.4 ypc average that was almost an NFL record. 44 catches.

Charles deserves it.

Re: Clayton's 2010 All-Pro Team

Suh over Wilfork

Lewis over Mayo

Foster over Charles

McKenzie over a lot of RTs

Wake over Harrison and Ware

All bad calls by Clayton

You're going to catch some flack from a few posters here over the bolded, especially. I agree, and have made arguments in Mayo's favor in the past. So far, all anybody can tell me is that Lewis is better because he screams and dances when he comes out onto the field and pass rushes more often.

Why does anybody care what that dweeb, Clayton thinks?
The guy doesn't look look or sound like he knows anything about football.
Hell I doubt he's even been on an athletic field his whole life.

Clayton is an idiot, what's new? He consistently pushes out the worst articles ever. I take Bleacher Report articles more seriously than his work.

Last edited:

Great bulletin board material...

Clayton's list sucks. Call me what you will, but how can you leave Wilfork off the list when the man played (and dominated) every position on the D-Line and dropped back in coverage during the season? Get out of here Clayton. Mayo being left off was also ridiculous. Also, I have all the respect in the world for Nnamdi and Revis, but McCourty outperformed both and so did Joe Haden. This list sucks.

The cryptkeeper has no clue what he's talking about.

McCourty, Brandon Flowers and that kid from Green Bay (I forget his name) were all far better than Revis in 2010.

Add the Lewis pick, and more proof that this guy is clueless, he's just name dropping.

Clayton is the most predictable ESPN "personality" they have. Everything he writes or says is manufactured and watered down. He will always choose style over substance. He isn't creative at all. He writes exactly what ESPN wants. He is uninteresting and pointless.

A CB who has no picks or very few does not mean they are bad or the CBs with more picks are better. Revis and the Oakland guy barely get anything thrown in their direction. That's the ultimate complement for a CB.

Last edited:

The cryptkeeper has no clue what he's talking about.

McCourty, Brandon Flowers and that kid from Green Bay (I forget his name) were all far better than Revis in 2010.

Add the Lewis pick, and more proof that this guy is clueless, he's just name dropping.

Charles Woodson or Sam Shields?

Ah, yes. The old, "He looks like a geek who doesn't know football" so he must not. On that note, I would take Revis out for many, and Wilfork over Suh. Andre Johnson over Reggie. Probably Kareem McKenzie out as well. Chill with the hate on the "Front 8". The dude just wanted to give out an extra spot, relax.

Charles Woodson or Sam Shields?

I assume he means Tramon. I believe he kinda fell off after his elite start to the season, though. I haven't seen the metrics in a while though.

Last edited:

I assume he means Tramon. I believe he kinda fell off after his elite start to the season, though. I haven't seen the metrics in a while though.

this. ... :rocker:

1400+ yards on a 6.4 ypc average that was almost an NFL record. 44 catches.

Charles deserves it.

Yep. Charles was just incredible this year, in a different league to anybody else.

You're going to catch some flack from a few posters here over the bolded, especially. I agree, and have made arguments in Mayo's favor in the past. So far, all anybody can tell me is that Lewis is better because he screams and dances when he comes out onto the field and pass rushes more often.

Its just ridiculous how Lewis keeps getting picked. Mayo for me should be Defensive player of the year.

Oh and just as an aside, the best DT in the league this year for me was Ahtyba Rubin of the Browns.

Edit to add, I watched that game where you got the gif from. Really loved that slam.

Last edited:

Its just ridiculous how Lewis keeps getting picked. Mayo for me should be Defensive player of the year.

Oh and just as an aside, the best DT in the league this year for me was Ahtyba Rubin of the Browns.

It's the same way that people around here keep thinking that he's better than Mayo at this stage in his career. He's living on his name alone.

Edit to add, I watched that game where you got the gif from. Really loved that slam.

So did I. :D

Wilfork should be in there instead of Suh.

Majorly overrated.

Dude, Suh is as adverstised. Barring injury, you may be looking at one of the all time greats.

Suh supposedly tailed off considerably as the season progressed while a kid like McCourty got better. But that's the problem with most of these mediot awards. They are predetermiined out of the gate and then it takes a catastrophic performance to knock the favorite out. That's how Brady ended up atop the QB list...everyone else had some catastrophic stretches, particularly the perrenial front runner Manning and the other two media preferences Brees and Rivers (and thankfully Vick whom some are still trying to find some award for including Banks giving him his Offensive POY nod...LOL).

Media think a lot like fantasy fans. They don't get to watch a lot of games or even teams in their entirety, they get fed a lot of highlight hype and out of context stats. It kills me that almost every week there is a losing QB touted among the league leaders based simply on his yardage stat...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back