PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Awards & Media's 'Best of 2010'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
As of right now, how many postseason awards do the Pats deserve?

In my opinion, they deserve, or at least should be very high in the running for the following:

MVP- Tom Brady, no-brainer

Offensive Player of the Year- Brady. I could see this going to Rivers or Rodgers, but Brady leads the league in TDs. His stats are as impressive as his intangibles, and these are against a brutal schedule.

Defensive Rookie of the Year- Devin McCourty. I truly would vote for him over Suh. Suh is great but can't stop the run and bull rushes on every play. McCourty does not have a weakness and still forces turnovers. By the way, an interception is worth at least three sacks.

Comeback Player of the Year- Wes Welker. It just depends on your definition of "comeback." He did not miss significant game time, but come on... has any player been more remarkable and made a better comeback in such a short time?

Coach of the Year- Bill Belichick; the only other viable candidate is Sean Payton, although the media loves guys like Haley (who actually is not a good HC)

Executive of the Year- Bill Belichick/Nick Caserio. Best draft in the NFL; the Moss move; the Woodhead pickup. No one else comes close here.

Humiliating, embarrassing loss of the year- Which team do you think deserves this and why?

Re: As of right now, how many postseason awards do the Pats deserve?

I'll settle for a Lombardi.

As of right now, they don't deserve any awards because they haven't done anything.

That what they'll tell you......... :cool:

TWO:

The Lamar Hunt Trophy & the Lombardi Trophy.

Re: Don Banks' season awards column

This morning Don Banks is a genius...

Tomorrow I'll be guilty again of always, always, always looking for the negative ...

Tomorrow I'll be guilty again of always, always, always looking for the negative ...
It's nice to have career goals.

This morning Don Banks is a genius...

I've always been a big Don Banks fan. He maintains objectivity pretty well, he admits when he was wrong, he doesn't overreact in knee-jerk fashion. As an added bonus, he seems to have a pretty good knowledge of the Pats, including correctly predicting that they'd pick Mayo and Butler in the last couple of years (granted, he thought Butler would be taken in the 1st, but who could have seen the trade-down coming?)

Last edited:

I've always been a big Don Banks fan. He maintains objectivity pretty well, he admits when he was wrong, he doesn't overreact in knee-jerk fashion. As an added bonus, he seems to have a pretty good knowledge of the Pats, including correctly predicting that they'd pick Mayo and Butler in the last couple of years (granted, he thought Butler would be taken in the 1st, but who could have seen the trade-down coming?)

I like Banks too. He moved to the area a couple of years ago so that does give him a little more of a local perspective on the team.

He chose Tice and the Bears Offensive line? Really?

His need to award something to Vick translated into Offensive player of the Year???

They all keep overlooking Welker's comeback, like he did so well out of the gate they've forgotten he wasn't supposed to start the season (and in doing so facilitate the jettisoning of Randy and reacquisition of Branch and rebirth of the multiple TE offense balanced with a running game...). Although at least he gave that award to someone who came back from a non self inflicted injury. Welker should be the co winner.

And Bradford got exposed a little last night. Kinda like Suh whose dominance kinda faded in the second half while a players like McCourty and Gronkowski actually became more consistently dominant. But that's what happens when the media begins to predetermine their favorites in the pre season based on media hype and projections.

Haley was not remotely the second best COTY candidate...

re: Clayton's 2010 All-Pro Team

He has 12 men on D. ???

It ****s me that Ray Lewis is consistently chosen over the better performing Jerod Mayo. Talk about living on reputation for the most part of your career. Also I don't know how anyone can make the argument for Nnamdi and Revis over McCourty this season either. Hell even Joe Haden balled this season.

Last edited:

Wilfork should be in there instead of Suh.

Majorly overrated.

All-hype team.

Suh over Wilfork

Lewis over Mayo

Foster over Charles

McKenzie over a lot of RTs

Wake over Harrison and Ware

All bad calls by Clayton

ESPN 2010 All-Pro Team

1600 yards. 16 tds. 66 catches.