PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL announces deal with Walsh; Goodell meeting set for May 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PFT/Peter King: Walsh deal could come as soon as today (4/22)

I'm just hoping this gets resolved before next season. The last thing I want to see is another media circuis like last year.

I totally agree. What ever happens lets just get it over with already so we can just concentrate on getting our 4th SB ring this coming season. But then again thats exactly what everyone other than Pats Nation doesn't want. So they'll probably drag id out some more. :mad:

Question: How can the NFL and the Patriots grant Walsh immunity? I know that he has asked specifically for immunity against any illegal things he might have done...but then these actions wouldn't solely be subject to civil court am I correct? If they were criminal actions, wouldn't the government have to agree to terms of immunity?

If he's looking for immunity, he's barking up the wrong tree, as civil parties can't grant immunity from prosecution for criminal lawsuits (they may agree not to press charges, but that's not quite the same thing). He's looking for indemnity.

goodel screwed the patrtiots over once, he wouldnt be stupid enough to do so again

Good, let's get this over with so we can focus on football.

Foolish, gullible BradyManny. Nothing ends this. In 2014 before the Montreal Lions Super Bowl, Mat Walsh will be "close" to a deal.

The Pats should just give up the #7 pick, suspend BB and call it a day. These bastards ruined the Super bowl for me why not just put us fans who are sick of this **** out of our misery early? :mad:

No, announce that in 2010 the Patriots will play with the new upstart league, in the meantime they will vote for the dissolution of the CBA or whatever.

Better yet, why warn the bastards, try and get other "Big Market" teams to leave with you.

it doesnt matter what walsh says. The media will perceive the way they want it to.
if all walsh says that BB videotaped games in 2000 then ESPN will declare "Walsh:Belichick taping games since 2000" whereas someone more objective might say "Walsh information nothing new"

-

This is just another Goodell orchestrated sabotage of the Pats. a real commissioner would have put it to rest in september instead of letting it linger like that stooge did. Only now Kraft knows what Goodell is and isn't going to take it lying down like the last time.

In early March +/-, I appreciated how Michael Holley (WEEI) had Peter King (rightfully) squirming with some tough questions about King's savaging of the Patriots in writing in
regard to Spygate, on the Dale and Holley Show.

So, after people talked about it today, nothing happened. I am shocked. :eek:

Nothing will happen until, the 7th pick of the draft, then Walsh will come out of the woodwork and hell will breakloose. Everything is always waited until something big has been going on with the Pats.

This is still going on?

If this is true, I agree with some of the posters above that this is good news for the Pats in terms of what Walsh likely has--highly doubtful that the League would be announcing this if it was likely to lead to bad news for the NFL during one of its shining moments each year.....

Nothing will happen until, the 7th pick of the draft, then Walsh will come out of the woodwork and hell will breakloose. Everything is always waited until something big has been going on with the Pats.

And John Tomosse will break the story..

Last edited by a moderator:

Who's Matt Walsh?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Goodell bury Bill Belichick and the Patriots

to appease the media and the other NFL teams. A long term suspension

for Belichick and the loss of several draft picks to really screw the

organization.

Although it wouldn't surprise some, this won't happen this weekend...period.

Even if Walsh had incriminating information (which he does not), nothing can happen before a full investigation. And if Walsh says anything with substance, it won't be reported to the public until an investigation is completed. At least Goodell won't talk about it publically without an investigation.

Last edited:

Seriosuly this is much to ado about nothing.. I remember being scared and nervous about this crap in feb, but I guess the super bowl loss had me lost my confidence.. Now this has become such crap.. Peter King, Espn and everybody else with this can just go and make a new soap opera... Because its become a joke now.. Though the joke cost us a first round pick, crediblity , and a wonderful super bowl weekend 3 months ago..

Let's just be clear, the only way people like King and Florio will be satisfied is if Matt Walsh comes forth with, to use Al Davis' words from yesteryear, indisputable visual evidence that bb ordered him to tape the practice.

Anything less than that, no matter how honest Walsh would be, would not satisfy them. They will say there "are still questions about what Walsh really knew" or that "he was silenced by fear" or "Kraft's checkbook" or whatever else they can come up with.

King et al saying all they want is the truth to come out is partly true, as long as it's the version of the truth they want to hear.

In an ironic twist of fate, the media probably doesn't want this to come out now too. Once it does and it is most likely shown to be no big deal, they will all look like complete idiots for blowing it out to some sort of huge scandal. It's in their best interest to let it remain hidden.

And John Tomosse will break the story..

Tomasse should be gutted and slaughtered like the pig he is...

Figuratively speaking of course. I'm just saying, he could pass for porky pig's cousin...

Don't you think?;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back