PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL and ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJPatsfan26

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
They must both be pissed off by now. They actually have to report that the Pats are 10 - 0 and show that they are "more probably than not" going into the playoffs this year.

what

a

shame

blessed are we Pats fans as we are truly lucky to have what we have.

I dunna know.....I think the Patriots staying relevant is what both organizations want. No? Great story for an upset. Get to beat on them some more and dig up dirt...

I've had many fans from outside this little corner of the country tell me that they suffer from "Patriots Fatigue". Im assuming that might also be a consideration...

Last edited:
I dunna know.....I think the Patriots staying relevant is what both organizations want. No? Great story for an upset. Get to beat on them some more and dig up dirt...

Damn straight. Just in the last two weeks they got great games and fabulous ratings (I'm assuming for last night - haven't seen any numbers yet). Not only do you have, "let's see who can knock off the Evil Empire!" but because of our depleted team, the games have been close until the last second ticks away. The NFL and ESPN, and to the extent that it gets more ratings for its football-related shows, are loving it.

Damn straight. Just in the last two weeks they got great games and fabulous ratings (I'm assuming for last night - haven't seen any numbers yet). Not only do you have, "let's see who can knock off the Evil Empire!" but because of our depleted team, the games have been close until the last second ticks away. The NFL and ESPN, and to the extent that it gets more ratings for its football-related shows, are loving it.

With all this Star Wars promo crap going on i'm waiting for a pregame montage of BB w/ the hoodie, Brady and Pats highlights to the "Imperial March" music. It probably already has been done...

The NFL will take a huge hit and drop significantly in popularity when BB & Brady walk away from the game and the Patriots are just another team.

The NFL will take a huge hit and drop significantly in popularity when BB & Brady walk away from the game and the Patriots are just another team.

Couldnt agree more. this league will go to **** and the AFC East will be just another division.

They will decline when Brady and Bill walk, but I think they're days of being just another team are over. Robert Kraft has put this team on the map and I don't foresee Jonathan Kraft running it into the ground.

They will decline when Brady and Bill walk, but I think they're days of being just another team are over. Robert Kraft has put this team on the map and I don't foresee Jonathan Kraft running it into the ground.
I like your faith, but seriously, how often does Bill Belichick and Tom Brady come along? When those two are no longer on the NE Patriots, chances are that they will become just another franchise. They can still be successful on the field, but they won't achieve this kind of success in a long time if ever again. Johnathan Kraft and the organization will still remain profitable mainly because of the foundation laid by Parcells & Bledsoe and mostly BB & Brady.

I like your faith, but seriously, how often does Bill Belichick and Tom Brady come along? When those two are no longer on the NE Patriots, chances are that they will become just another franchise. They can still be successful on the field, but they won't achieve this kind of success in a long time if ever again. Johnathan Kraft and the organization will still remain profitable mainly because of the foundation laid by Parcells & Bledsoe and mostly BB & Brady.

I agree, but look at franchises like the Steelers. They will always be good. Not saying they will never have a bad year, but they should be consistent.

I've had many fans from outside this little corner of the country tell me that they suffer from "Patriots Fatigue". Im assuming that might also be a consideration...
They've got "patriot fatigue", I've got "butthurt hater fatigue", we will all have to learn to cope somehow.

They've got "patriot fatigue", I've got "butthurt hater fatigue", we will all have to learn to cope somehow.

Yea whenever I heard that I did sympathize as from 1994-2010 is was Yankees, Yankees and more Yankees...If the Sox didn't win a couple during that stretch I don't know what I would have done...

But as very good friends of mine have said to me- who have pinstripe blood coursing though their veins, "Quit your *****ing and beat us.".

You know if Brady was having a less than a career average performance BSPN and the NFL would all over some kind of defamegate storyline. Brady shut them up and shoved defamegate up their asses.

This is absolutely true. A team's organization skills are key to long-term success.....I can't believe someone disagreed with you.

I believe that you're 100% correct!!

If I were to list'm in order of Importance to the Development of our Empire, I'd go thus:

01 ~ Bill The Mad (Genius)
~ Tom Brady
~ Robert Kraft

But the Foundations of our Empire, after Decades of Suffering, were laid by one man, on January 21st, 1994, when James Busch Orthwein agreed to sell the New EngLand Patriots to Robert Kraft.

As far as I'm concerned, that Date is The Dawn of Modern Patriots History.

Success starts from The Top.

The Patriots'd had some Success in each of their first 3 Decades, but the Foundation for lasting Success had always been missing, and our Success had therefore always previously proved to be fleeting....But then we finally got a Team Owner who possessed The Essentials to Sports Franchise Success:

01 ~ The rare Understanding that Lasting Success comes from not from Star Power, Free Agency, or any other shorter term Solutions, but from building a winning Organization from the ground up.

02 ~ The Financial Capacity, the Will, and the Power of Patience to do so.

It really is that simple, I think.

Those who've been following this Team long enough will likely remember all too well not only the Years of Frustration that preceded Kraft's buying the Team, but the sense, all too often, that there was a Lunatic driving the bus: Billy Sullivan was a passionate Fan, but he wasn't exactly loaded, nor did he really seem to understand the Importance of building the Team from the ground up...And after him it got far, far worse.

All of our previous Successes proved fleeting, indeed, and often ended with spectacular Flame Outs.

There was almost always that sense of Impending Disaster...of Doom.

Nor did the hiring of Bill Parcels usher in this new Modern Era. We certainly would've had similar Success for a few Years in the 90's, no doubt, but does anyone really think that it would've carried over, if Billy Sullivan or ~ Gods deliver us ~ Victor Kiam were still running things? The Chuck FairBanks Era was followed by Decline and Collapse, as was the Ray Berry Era, not to mention that of Mike Holovak before'm.

Those'f you who've been with the Team long enough know what I'm saying:

Something changed when Kraft arrived.

Something fundamental.

Kraft made Mistakes, perhaps, but if they were Mistakes ~ reducing Parcel's Power, hiring Carroll, perhaps even reducing Carroll's Power ~ they were reasonable and defensible Mistakes.

That, uh...hasn't always been the case around here.Victory Tour, anyone?
jester.gif

You felt like the guy had a Plan.

You felt like the guy had a Clue.

Even while we foundered somewhat during the Pete Carroll Era, the Transition was an orderly one, and the Patriots didn't really miss a beat. The Organization was still going forward, is what I mean to say, and it was clear that while Kraft was to some extent still figuring things out and learning on the job, we had a strong Captain charting the course ~ a steady hand on the wheel ~ for the first Time since...

Well, since the Team was founded.

And when it became clear that Coach Carroll wasn't working out, he was gone.

That alone made it clear that Kraft meant Business.

He didn't wait for the Team to come unraveled and collapse disastrously.

And neither did he freak out and prematurely fire Coach Carroll before giving'm a fair Shot.

He gave Coach Carroll 3 Years and gave him the Support of a deep Organization of Scouts, Coaches, and all the other Infrastructure, and when it became evident after 3 Years ~ long enough to be certain, I think we'd agree ~ that Coach Carroll wasn't building a Champion...Kraft had the Courage to Make a Change.

On December 20, 2001, 83 Years after raw human Sewage that went by the name of Harry Frazee tore apart the first Empire of BaseBall's Modern Era ~ that's the Red Sox, for those of you scoring at Home ;) ~ John Henry took the wheel...And thus arrived The Dawn of Modern Red Sox History.

The Red Sox had floundered for 83 Years for precisely the same reasons that the Patriots previously had:

Bad Ownership.

It wasn't Curses.

It was simply Bad Ownership.

But it became crystal clear from Day 1 that Henry possessed precisely the Traits required for Sustained Success ~ for building a Sports Empire ~ that I listed above and that Kraft also has in Abundance:

01 ~ The rare Understanding that Lasting Success comes from not from Star Power, Free Agency, or any other shorter term Solutions, but from building a winning Organization from the ground up.

02 ~ The Financial Capacity, the Will, and the Power of Patience to do so.

Some folks are fond of saying that they'd rather be lucky than good.

The way I see it, luck can break either way...

But whether it's good luck or bad, luck doesn't stand a Chance, in the long run, against the relentless persistence of a Man with Passion, Vision, the Power of Patience...and the financial stability to see his Plan through.

That's all the Patriots and Red Sox were missing, all those Years of Suffering.

Now we have it, and for as long as we do, Success, I believe, will follow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing