PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL and Comcast Reach Agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Ian's Daily Blog - After over a month of tense negotiations, NFL “PR Guy” Brian McCarthy just Tweeted that the NFL and Comcast have reached a long-term carriage agreement to carry the NFL Network. No details have been released yet regarding the agreement, but it’s good news to fans who*look to that channel for their “football fix”.*

Ian's Daily Blog - After over a month of tense negotiations, NFL “PR Guy” Brian McCarthy just Tweeted that the NFL and Comcast have reached a long-term carriage agreement to carry the NFL Network. No details have been released yet regarding the agreement, but it’s good news to fans who*look to that channel for their “football fix”.*

Here's hoping it moves to the basic tier so I can drop that bogus "sports package."

Here's hoping it moves to the basic tier so I can drop that bogus "sports package."

Good news Tune, according to the Boston Herald Tuesday's agreement will keep the NFL-owned channel out of Comcast’s premium sports tier of programming, and as a result will now reach 10-million more homes.

Looks like we'll get to save some $$ now - albeit not that much :cool:

Good news Tune, according to the Boston Herald Tuesday's agreement will keep the NFL-owned channel out of Comcast’s premium sports tier of programming, and as a result will now reach 10-million more homes.

Looks like we'll get to save some $$ now - albeit not that much :cool:

BAH! When is Charter going to get with the program!?

BAH! When is Charter going to get with the program!?

If this is true and NFL net will air on basic tier of Comcast than it will grow forcing other companies to fall in line.

I agree - I still think I'm going to go to Direct TV - Any of you Direct TV guys and gals know if they are doing a NFL promotion this year? i.e. Get this package and get the NFL Ticket for free, or something like that - I know they did something similar last year.

Wow its funny how this is reached after Sen arlen Spaztor switched to democrat , Not that it matters, but glad this mess is behind them, now get a new labor deal done.

Good news. Next up for Comcast, add ESPNU.

Edit:
Nevermind, they just did!

LINK

Last edited:
They had to add something to replace NFLNetwork in the tier...easiest to add.

Where did you see that it will be on the sports entertainment package? I read this:

Disney and ESPN Media Networks and Comcast Corporation today announced an agreement to add ESPNU to its Digital Classic level of service and ESPN360.com to Comcast.net.

From the PFT story:

"The deal includes a feature not previously disclosed. Per the release, Comcast customers will now have access to a “robust suite of NFL content On Demand, including game highlights, game replays, the ‘best’ of NFL Films, players and coaches interviews, local team highlights, and other NFL programming whenever they want a piece of the action.”

But NFL Network still won’t appear on Comcast’s basic service package. Instead, NFLN will move from a current digital tier to the “Digital Classic” package, which will result in the content being available to two-thirds of all Comcast customers — a major upgrade over the current availability of NFLN.

The launch is scheduled to happen by August 1."

(The current tier it is on is the "Sports Tier" so I can save a few buck's by dropping that tier)

:woohoo:

Where did you see that it will be on the sports entertainment package? I read this:

Sorry I thought it was going into the same tier. I don't see it as really losing anything for them though, it's lose one digital cable channel on a tier that you pay for for another one on a tier you pay for.

August 1st I gotta upgrade to the classic tier...actually a bunch of channels I like on it NFL Network on it just adds icing on the cake.

Last edited:
Rich Eisen has been tweeting all day about this, the whole crew is quite excited about having a bigger audience.

What about us Time Warner types? Any word on that? Time Warner subscribers will be the last to have NFL Net :mad:

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask but does anyone know if this Digital Classic package from Comcast is the same as their Digital Preferred? I couldn't find any information on Digital Classic package on their website. Thank you.

cablevision next pleeeeese

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask but does anyone know if this Digital Classic package from Comcast is the same as their Digital Preferred?
Yes, Digital Classic is the same as Digital Preferred.

Honestly if you don't mind paying for it and its available in your area, go with DirecTV. NFL Sunday ticket is absolutely amazing and the NFL network is free (I think). The only downfall is the customer service Sucks!:mad: I think it took them a week to finally fix a loose cable or something...I probably could have done it myself but I'm not risking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes