PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL 2008: another game in UK (London) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading a Brit journo's observastions regarding Coughlin and how he loved the trip, he'd absolutely love it if he should come back anytime soon. ;) I hope Tony Siragusa gets to cover the next game over here seeing as he liked it here too. ;)

If you don't want the same conditions why don't the NFL consider the Millenium Stadium? Fully retractable roof and the turf will more than likely be better suited. Holds a big capacity too and if the NFL can look past the fact the venue is not in London (thats what the draw is, London) IMO it may host a better game.

perhaps this time the Jets and not the Giants ?

You might of thought it was a dog of a game but the brits loved it. Most Brit football fans are also Rugby and soccer fans first. Best game of the year: MIA-Pit.

Have you spoken to any British fans? I know people who went here in Ireland and they thought it was an absolutely awful game. Just because they happen to enjoy rugby and soccer as well doesn't mean they don't appreciate a good game of football... which that wasn't by any stretch of the imagination.

There was some ****** at the Giants/Fins game blowing a whistle the entire time. Some of the players were even getting confused. I don't think the Brits are ready for NFL football yet.

Send them the Raiders/Jets game next year instead.

anyway going there it was a great experience for the NFL fans in Europe

i hope that the 2008 game will be an 'important' one (i will not complain if it is a Patriot road game of course)

There is no way I'd want them playing a regular season game there. Total disruption.

Maybe the game before our bye week wouldnt be so bad ? Id actually look into going to that game if i had enough time to apply for the time off at work....

anyway going there it was a great experience for the NFL fans in Europe

i hope that the 2008 game will be an 'important' one (i will not complain if it is a Patriot road game of course)

No offense, but I will. They already have 4 West Coast games to worry about. Unless it was one of those, then I guess it really wouldn't matter.

No offense, but I will. They already have 4 West Coast games to worry about. Unless it was one of those, then I guess it really wouldn't matter.

i was thinking-hoping that it could be one of those 4 west coast games of course

do you think possible that the London game could be NE Pats @ SEA Seahawks ?

That is the only one it could be with us involved since Seattle, Tampa, KC and NO have already been told they are being consisdered. Somehow I don't see them sending Seattle 6000+ miles, though from a purely Pats fans perspective it would work for me...not clear if the two will come from that group of 4 who are already on each others schedules, or if one of their opponents will then be tapped.

Tampa seems to want it to be them, and if that's the case we are off the hook. It will be announced next Friday and the game will reportedly be in London (vacinity) but not at Wimbley because of what happened last time. Florio at PFT claims the league also wants a team from each division (NFC/AFC) as well as teams who will put up some offense. If so that may limit their choices with several of the potential opponents fielding young QB's (KC, Oakland) and potential struggling offenses.

That is the only one it could be with us involved since Seattle, Tampa, KC and NO have already been told they are being consisdered. Somehow I don't see them sending Seattle 6000+ miles, though from a purely Pats fans perspective it would work for me...

i would love it would be Ne @ Sea but probably yr consideration about sending SEA to play so distant...let's see...

so it seems SD-NO will be the game ?

no Pats @ Sea...pity...

I agree that the atmosphere was good in Wembley!!!!

I was a little disappointed by the ticket prices though!!! £60 for the top tier!!!!

International games are garbage. Its too unfair on the teams. They should make sure the two teams at least have a bye week after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes