NFL 2008: another game in UK (London) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian pat patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
i have read on a website in UK that the NFL could play another game in London next year

it seems that on Super Bowl week we should know more

do you know or confirm it ?

is there a chance the Pats will be there ?

I hope not although I'm sure the Patriots would be the best draw along with, maybe, the Cowboys. If I were Kraft I'd tell Goodell to go fly a kite, especially if it were one of our games.

could be Tampa Bay 1 team ?

Come and watch the Patriots here, Pat. It would be fun to meet you. :)

There is no way I'd want them playing a regular season game there. Total disruption.

Come and watch the Patriots here, Pat. It would be fun to meet you. :)

thks Tunescribe; i have been there two years ago to see two games; it was awesome (i was happy like a kid !)

but...i will return !

ciao

Obviously living over here I'd love it...didn't harm the Giants season in the long run but its not exactly ideal for the players.

I came over for two games this season anyway so if we dont get the Pats in London I'll be back over to Foxboro :)

Met a guy on a plane on Sunday who went to the Giants-Miami game. Said that it was a fantastic experience, whatever the game and the weather were like.

They wouldn't need to put on the Pats or Colts to get a full house. Teams that were big in the 80s like the Skins or 9ers or Raiders or Bears would be a big draw.

There is no way I'd want them playing a regular season game there. Total disruption.

Move one of our west coast games there, it wouldn't make that big a difference.

But the game scheduled for China which was cancelled this summer was supposedly put off due to the London game and would be rescheduled. That may no longer be true, but we could possibly still end up playing in China.

Met a guy on a plane on Sunday who went to the Giants-Miami game. Said that it was a fantastic experience

i was there and , yes, i agree

i was wearing, of course, a throwback Pat Patriot jacket !

Move one of our west coast games there, it wouldn't make that big a difference.

Alamo: i hope you will be listened

God no. With 4 west coast trips there is no way I want them going to London as well. maybe some other time but definetely not next year.

God no. With 4 west coast trips there is no way I want them going to London as well. maybe some other time but definetely not next year.

which teams could be involved ?

Hopefully more tickets will go to actual fans this time around.

i am curious to imagine who could be the two teams...

some possible 'suggestions' ?

After the dog game the Brits got this season w/ the Giants and Dolphins I won't be shocked if the Patriots are sent over to improve the NFL image in Britain. If it is the Pats they'd better be playing one of their west coast opponents. To make them play 4 games on the west coast and then another in London is beyond unfair.
Patriots/Seattle in Wembley would be very cool and England would finally see a legit NFL game.

After the dog game the Brits got this season w/ the Giants and Dolphins I won't be shocked if the Patriots are sent over to improve the NFL image in Britain. If it is the Pats they'd better be playing one of their west coast opponents. To make them play 4 games on the west coast and then another in London is beyond unfair.
Patriots/Seattle in Wembley would be very cool and England would finally see a legit NFL game.

You might of thought it was a dog of a game but the brits loved it. Most Brit football fans are also Rugby and soccer fans first. Best game of the year: MIA-Pit.

i hope you will be right

After reading a Brit journo's observastions regarding Coughlin and how he loved the trip, he'd absolutely love it if he should come back anytime soon. ;) I hope Tony Siragusa gets to cover the next game over here seeing as he liked it here too. ;)

If you don't want the same conditions why don't the NFL consider the Millenium Stadium? Fully retractable roof and the turf will more than likely be better suited. Holds a big capacity too and if the NFL can look past the fact the venue is not in London (thats what the draw is, London) IMO it may host a better game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes