PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL 2007 Pats Schedule Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are the Ravens being so underrated? What's the basis of saying their defense is getting older? You mean to say Ray Lewis is getting older. Ed Reed isn't old. Ngata and Suggs are very young and very good. Bart Scott ain't old. Mcallister and Thomas (if they keep him) are still in the 29-30 range, meaning they have a couple of good years left. The only two guys (I think) that are starters in that defense and are clearly in the bottom part of their careers are Trevor Pryce and Ray Lewis.

Their offense notwithstanding, I still consider the Ravens an elite opponent.

Re : The Ravens.: It's McNair who looked old. They brought him in as a QB because Boller busted. You can occasionally win with a game manager average QB. But the rule is no QB, no championship. The D isn't old, although the gangsta is not what he was. Their great LOT is showing signs too of nearing the end. Their D carried them pretty far this year; why should it take them further next year?

IMO its a brutal schedule. This yr was the easiest. We can be as +ve as we want as to what will happen to other teams and make it sound the schedule is easier than it looks but it definetely is the very very tough schedule.
We are really on other team's changes to effect the schedule but teams like NO are an example that anyone can getter better quickly these days.
It all really depends on how well our team improves and plays. We didnt exactly enjoy a home field advantage and i wouldnt want to count on a 7-1 road record in this schedule. Much easier when when you play the vikings and packers than baltimore and cincy and dallas . our team has as many questions as other so iam sure other teams are thinking the same way when they have us on the schedule.

Last edited:
I think Dallas is in for a chaotic season if and when Jerry names a puppet HC. Turner is now claiming he won't take the job unless Jerry changes his mind about the OC whom Norv has labled as unqualified for that position. This will be a real TO meltdown season in big D.

The Giants will be a catastrophe IMO. Should have cut bait with Coughlin and seen if they can salvage Eli. Now that decision making process is postponed another year and they don't have Tiki to hold it all together.

In Philly there is concern Andy Reid may resign over his sons drug arrests in hopes of salvaging his family. And Donovan will be under pressure to prove he can bring more to the table than a minimum salary backup did.

Timing will be everything as a lot of these teams could start out hot on emotion (Colts) and fizzle or really struggle out of the gate due to personnel changes (Steelers) only to pull it together late. But on February 7th I see 8-0 at home as "doable" with SD as the toughest opponent and likely our home opener (Indy will more likely host NO in the Louisianians Bowls that so many had hoped for in Miami). They won't waste Manning Brady on an already highly rated open, and after sending us to China in the pre season they won't expect us to play in a Thursday night opener.

I think we can do 12-4+ with just a little upgrade which I trust Belioli will figure out a way to incorporate, even if it isn't what many here hope it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back