PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL 08: Patriots act like loss didn't happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=448849
its an AP article and i always cringe when they keep talking about bb and the pats as robotic, someone who "mumbles" , "programmed" etc..
cant they get beyond this and report something new ?Why is so important to be warm and fuzzy when being just that ends up with a comment like
Classic Belispeak. But why be cuddly and warm when robotic and monotonous has been so successful?
if this is the AP news then this is what the country generally reads, no wonder we are even more despised.

The traditional media in this country is becoming truly pathetic. Everything is about creating artificial controversy where none exists, and inflaming it as much as possible where it does.

No wonder so many people hold dubious and uninformed opinions about practically everything, ranging from sports to politics. And their actual political views have little to do with it.

Honestly, I thought it was a good story. It pointed out that the Belichick you see at the podium isn't the same Belichick that everyone in his personal life sees. It pointed out their assumed weaknesses, Linebacker and CB, then goes on to point out that there's a very good chance those assumed weaknesses were addressed in the off season. Also points out teams that try and duplicate what the Giants did in the SB will have a hard time without the talent the Giants had on their defensive line.

Just my perspective, but I thought it was balanced, which is rare in the media !

The piece maybe tries a little too hard, I'll give you that. But it does show respect and perspective. The nameless AP writer staff has been the starting point for many good scribes that made a name for themselves later.

So many folks just can't wait until they can hate on 'the media.' It's like they have a race to be the first, which appears more important than bothering with the facts. They have been well trained.

He won't admit it, but I bet "The Comeback" never even read the article before posting...

Last edited:
The bottom line is when a bully smashes you in the mouth like the Giants and media did to the team in/after the SB you just have to get back up and dust yourself off and just be better prepared to fight when the bully comes in your face the next time,I think NE has that fight in them this year to give the bully a challenge next time he comes around and hopefully reverses things and puts the bully on the ground.

I thought that story was ok. BB has 2 sides, the coach and the man, they pointed that out a little bit. They also pointed out that however you characterize the Pats style, it works.

I've seen worse, in Boston papers no less. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back