Welcome to PatsFans.com

NFL’s Top 10 General Managers

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by reflexblue, Apr 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

2. convertedpatsfan

convertedpatsfan PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I think Tom Heckert deserves a mention. I don't know who I'd displace though.
  3. Interception

Interception Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -1

#95 Jersey

:rofl:
    Wonderful.
  4. Calciumee

Calciumee PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#3 Jersey

I think he played at college with Todd Light...
  5. nashvillepatsfan

nashvillepatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

A.J. Smith has drafted some good players, but he's also done just enough to hurt that team......norv! and the article said that A J was smart enough to draft Turner, who no one had heard of ??? Everyone knew who Turner the burner was......well, i mean if i knew of him, everyone must have ;)
    either way, I don't think he should be on that list, and BB should be higher :rocker:
  6. Calciumee

Calciumee PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#3 Jersey

He may have drafted Turner, but he didn't resign him, and sure looks stupid now!
  7. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

I'd shuffle the deck and reorder them for sure. Belichick deserves the nod at #1 by virtue of the # of protogees he's landed in the top ten as well. And the record plus the rings. I'd discount Reese because of what has transpired since the year he took over a team Acorsi built. I'd discount AJ on principle, SD should have more to show for the decade. Ozzie hasn't won anything in a decade despite all the talent, too. Pioli gets a bump from his previous gig.

1. Belichick. Not the GM in name only...
    2. Colbert - inches Polian out on rings
    3. Polian
    4. Pioli
    5. Loomis - quite a turnaround with Payton and Brees and some sweet picks
    6. Ted Thompson, guy and his HC both deserve a medal given all they had to deal with
    7. Ozzie - been a decade in which rival Steelers carried the day from within division so...
    8. Reese - inherited a SB winner, hasn't done much with her since so maybe it was just luck
    9. Dimetroff - turned around one hell of a mess.
    10. T - Dominik SEEMS to have Tampa poised to climb out of ditch Gruden dug them into while
    AJ has barely managed to dominate the weakest division in the AFC that could be getting stronger.
  8. billdog3484

billdog3484 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

wow so a guy who won the most recent super bowl is #1. interesting that his team was mediocre at best for a long while
  9. convertedpatsfan

convertedpatsfan PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Thompson's place is inflated by last year's Super Bowl, no doubt. But I wouldn't say they were mediocre for a long while. The Packers went 10 years without a losing record, and then Thompson took over. The team was aging and needed to be re-built, and the 2004 draft was pretty awful under Sherman as coach/GM.

They had two years with sub-500 records; in his first season, when Favre threw 29 INTs, and Rodgers' first season as a starter, when the team went 5-5, but lost 5 of 6 down the stretch. Both are perfectly understandable.

In the other 4 years, they went 8-8 once, then won double-digit games 3 other seasons, with 3 play-off appearances and a Super Bowl.

I don't think he's #1, but he deserves a spot, probably in the top 5.
  10. patsfan-1982

patsfan-1982 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0

i am ok with him at #1 he's teams has relly only had one loseing season since he's been the GM they been to 2 NFCCG's won 1 + a SB win

he signed Charles Woodson bring in Dom Capers who made them a top 5 defense and Drafted one of the best QB's in the NFL one of the best WR's in the NFL and one of the best pass rushers in the NFL
  11. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Thats what i was thinking, the team while good has won (A) Super Bowl. Just because GB won the last SB doesn't make the guy the best GM.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.