PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFC Championship Game: San Francisco 49ers at Atlanta Falcons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NFCCG Game Thread

Impressive start by the Falcons, not being intimidated by SF and taking it to them. Now let's see how they handle Kaepernick's mobility. It would be nice to see them slow down the Kaepernick hype machine.

Matt Ryan if given time seems to hit those 10-14 yard throws (the TD to Jones was a just a lollipop). However, he seems to have a window with 2 huge WR and obviously a big TE that most QB's do not have. We may have had that with Gronk and with AH, but our smurfs needs to maintain separation.

i was one of those guys who thought the Falcons gave up too much to get Jones — five picks. My understanding is Dimitroff called BB for advice before pulling the trigger and BB basically said "I wouldn't do it." Well, seems to have been a pretty good move. So often those big draft-day trades of that scale aren't.

Complete coverage breakdown. Atlanta looks legit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Defence fooled hard by that play action.

Can't believe Julio got behind the secondary like that.

If the 49ers are going to use those matchups on defense all game, they'd better get a lot more pressure than they're getting, or their defense will be suffering a beat down.

SF's defense hasn't been the same since Justin Smith got hurt against us. I don't think he's physically able to hook linemen and open up passing lanes for Aldon Smith the way he was before. SF was never a blitzing team, and their CBs aren't exceptional. With Chris Clemons injured last week and without any pressure up front, even Seattle's much better secondary couldn't hold up against the Falcon's WRs.

i can see Jones and White just eating our secondary alive. Time to root for SF.

And that's why I can't stand it when people freak out about the Pats not signing Goldson when they had the chance. McCourty is a better free safety anyway.

Asante Samuel…finds a way into the postseason again.

Looked like Asante stopped to figure if he should tackle or not :D

too much to ask a rookie qb to go on the road to win in a tough stadium like atalanta

And that's why I can't stand it when people freak out about the Pats not signing Goldson when they had the chance. McCourty is a better free safety anyway.

McCourty will be better than Earl Thomas if the Pats leave him at FS and he gets some experience under his belt.

Nice defensive series by Atlanta.

Wow nice defensive play

Time to give Matty Ice some credit. He's legit.

matty ice has been legit from day 1, prob the best young QB by far

but he has not had postseason success, which is imperative for QB rankings

now that he has it his name will come up more

i can see Jones and White just eating our secondary alive. Time to root for SF.

I like Brady over Ryan in a shootout more than I like the Patriots over the 49ers in a street fight.

Give me the Falcons.

matty ice has been legit from day 1, prob the best young QB by far

but he has not had postseason success, which is imperative for QB rankings

now that he has it his name will come up more

Everyone in Baltimore tells me how much better Joe Flacco is. :p They've been saying it for years.

Atlanta came to play today.

I like Brady over Ryan in a shootout more than I like the Patriots over the 49ers in a street fight.

Give me the Falcons.

Either way, we're going to have to beat Baltimore and then beat a pretty decent NFC team with some tough match ups. No cake walks. I fancy our chances in either game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back