PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFC Championship: Eagles @ Cardinals game discussion (3pm EST / FOX) *Cardinals Win*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NFC Championship: Eagles @ Cardinals game discussion (3pm EST / FOX)

Fun game... I think they got the kickoff ruling right, as it certainly looked like the ball hit the Eagles STer's arm as his foot was out of bounds... what I don't get is why wasn't that still an illegal kickoff out of bounds? I remember a game earlier this year, Jets-Bills (in Buffalo), I think, where Leon Washington ran to the sidelines, stepped out of bounds, then stretched like a first baseman to touch the bouncing ball. The ruling was that since it touched Washington while he was out of bounds, by extension, the ball was out of bounds, and thus, an illegal KO out of bounds.

Can anyone shed some light on this one?

Leon was out when he caught the ball. This guy touched the ball then allegedly the ball hit out of bounds

That wasn't a catch.

That was a boot and a half.

24-6 Cardinals at the half

This is a very good start, but there's still another half to go. The Cardinals really need to keep applying the pressure.

Leon was out when he caught the ball. This guy touched the ball then allegedly the ball hit out of bounds

Terrible call, ball never went out of bounds and did not hit the Eagle player. Just another bogus call by the refs. This crew must have money on the PhillyFailures.

Fun game... I think they got the kickoff ruling right, as it certainly looked like the ball hit the Eagles STer's arm as his foot was out of bounds... what I don't get is why wasn't that still an illegal kickoff out of bounds? I remember a game earlier this year, Jets-Bills (in Buffalo), I think, where Leon Washington ran to the sidelines, stepped out of bounds, then stretched like a first baseman to touch the bouncing ball. The ruling was that since it touched Washington while he was out of bounds, by extension, the ball was out of bounds, and thus, an illegal KO out of bounds.

IMO, this is the single most dumba** rule in the NFL--worse even than the non-reviewability of PI calls--and needs to be changed. If a player from the receiving team touches the ball, it cannot go out of bounds, period.

FOX's crew just said Mike Periera called them and basically said the refs blew the call... apparently they claimed that the ball hit the hands of the returner, then went out of bounds after... um... ok? Awful call either way, though...

Klecko has wheels!

Sack --- fumble --- Arizona ball!

McNabb looks awful, and the Eagles can't get any stops... 7 here ices it... 3 makes it very chilly, if not fully iced...

Assuming the Cards hold on, they have to get some of their secondary issues from today patched up (if McNabb makes 2 easy throws, they've got 14 more on the board), but they have a great chance to win it all... insane....

This is pretty funny because for the last couple of weeks all I've been hearing is "McNabb is our guy, we never doubted him". hahaha

This is pretty funny because for the last couple of weeks all I've been hearing is "McNabb is our guy, we never doubted him". hahaha

I wonder if young Matt is watching this with a smile on his face. :D

DRC is having himself a very good game.

Assuming the Cards hold on, they have to get some of their secondary issues from today patched up (if McNabb makes 2 easy throws, they've got 14 more on the board), but they have a great chance to win it all... insane....

If AZ makes it to the Super Bowl versus Pitt, it makes for an interesting story...Whisenhunt versus the team that didn't hire him...

Last edited:

If AZ makes it to the Super Bowl versus Pitt, it makes for an interesting story...Whisenhunt cersus the teamthat didn't hire him...

I'm rooting for the Cardinals v. Ravens. Rookie QB in the SB....

I would prefer AZ and Balt...Best D vs. Best O. Would be a very interesting game.

The TV announcers are terrible it seems they both like Philly. Troy just will not criticize McNabb.

Big completion for the Eagles, but terrible safety play was the culprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes