PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Next years FA class

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think any of those guys hits the market or comes at a free agent price we consider a good value.

There is only one year. This is the year.

R_T26 said:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nfl/freeagentsWR.html

Lance Briggs
Drew Bennett
Nate Clements
Deion Grant
Michael Lewis

Only guys that really are worth mentioning. Do the Pats take a look at Briggs?
Does he get franchised?

Draft another WR in low to mid rounds, maybe extend Gabriel if he looks good. Go with a core of Gabriel, Jackson, Caldwell + draft pick. I think that'll do nicely for a few more years.

What about Gabriel and Jackson? It's not like the cupboard is bare.

maverick4 said:
I don't think any of those guys hits the market or comes at a free agent price we consider a good value.

I agree. We need more value like Beisel, warfield, brown etc. Instead of paying for guys like Dillon, Harrison, and Colvin who never do anything.

i hope for Clements..he only signed a 1 yr deal after being franchised so its likely he hits FA

R_T26 said:
I agree. We need more value like Beisel, warfield, brown etc. Instead of paying for guys like Dillon, Harrison, and Colvin who never do anything.

That's not what I meant. We got Dillon/Harrison/Colvin at fair value, because Dillon was unpopular in CINN, Harrison was released and was happy to sign, and Chicago did not actively pursue or trump the Pats' offer for Colvin.

But for the guys coming out next year, I feel that their home teams will open their wallets to keep them, and that the Pats will have to OVERPAY if we want to sign any of those guys.

Last edited:
here are some interesting guys
you dont know who will stay with their current teams but its still worth a look

wrs:
drew bennet
kevin curtis
patrick crayton-restricted
bobby engram (i really want this guy)
dj hackett-rfa
keenan mccardell
shaun mcdonald
samie parker-rfa
willie ponder (could be good returner)
travis taylor
kelley washington (i wanted to draft him instead of bethel)
ernest wilford-rfa

lbs:
lance briggs: 6'1" 240lbs
na'il diggs: 6'4" 240lbs
london fletcher-baker: 5'10" 245lbs (i would love to line this guy up next to bruschi on the inside)
randall godfrey: 6'2" 245lbs
adalius thomas: 6'2" 270lbs(has the weight willie has and could be a very good strongside guy in our system)

cb:
nate clements

s:
deon grant
ken hamlin
michael lewis
john lynch
tony parrish

Lets not forget that Colvin was one of the most expensive f/a signings that year...and despite the injury appears to have been worth it. But their was an article on NFL.com a couple of weeks ago that made a good point. It said that the pats are at their best when they pick up players who used to be good but were thought to be passed their prime, rather then picking up guys who were never good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back