PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Next season is the last for Bill Belichick [*opinion*]

I just read from SI:

"The Patriots have been so aggressive that one NFL observer has a theory: Bill Belichick is firing all his guns at once because he wants to go out on top. The folks at ProFootballTalk.com say the Pats' spending spree has all the makings of a run at one final Super Bowl before Belichick packs it in as a coach of the Pats.
-- Boston Herald"

IMO: It won't happen. BB is a football fanatics like us. What would he be doing if he is not coaching in NFL ?
i guess we have nothing else to worry about give me a break, why wouldnt he want to win just as bad every year? the answer he wants to win more than we do its his name on the team , there is one reason we are spending money,WE GOT IT, AND BELICHECK ISNT GOING TO ADMIRE IT IN A BANK ACCOUNT,AAND LOOSE GAMES BECAUSE OF LACK OF TALENT, EVERYONE GET IT?

IMO, 3-5 years left with BB.

BB will stay until Brady's son can play QB for us

If that were BBs plans, why would he be signing young players? Why wouldn't he have kept Dillon?
Can we please dispense with all of the conspiracy theories and embrace the correct theory for why the Pats have been more active in FA: They have more cap room than ever before.

No Way!

It may surprise you that some people build post counts by offering valueable images and insight on the cheerleader thread.

EDIT: I also think that a 20 post count should be required. That should keep out the trolls and spammers. After 20 posts, the post count should be invisible. It's only important to Ian to show the activity of the board.

Most of this team is under contract for next year as well, so this premise makes no sense.

I just read from SI:

"The Patriots have been so aggressive that one NFL observer has a theory: Bill Belichick is firing all his guns at once because he wants to go out on top. The folks at ProFootballTalk.com say the Pats' spending spree has all the makings of a run at one final Super Bowl before Belichick packs it in as a coach of the Pats.
-- Boston Herald"

IMO: It won't happen. BB is a football fanatics like us. What would he be doing if he is not coaching in NFL ?
Good post on an obviously controversial subject. Roll with the whine's neighbor, and keep'em coming. :rocker:

The title got corrected, lighten up on the messenger and think ill thoughts on the Herald for starting such kibble.

There is no need to judge people by their number of posts. It's like judging people by how many pairs of socks they own. It's totally irrelevant.
Well said!

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Many of my posts are just chit-chat, one liners and goofing off...

Now let's get back to the idle speculation about BB's last year here. :rolleyes:
Many? You short change yourself sir! Most would paint a more accurate word picture. :p

As to BB's last year, the mediots can only hope.

Exactly. Everyone should be able to comment on existing thread, but I see a lot of new threads started by people with low post counts that clutter up the board. Post count can be seen as a baseline for understanding how to behave on a board. I'm just barely about 300 myself, so it's not like I'm prolific either, and there are exceptions to every rule. However, if we apply 80/20 logic or better, I believe a post count baseline would help the board self-moderate.

If that's the case, then you would be discriminating people who are new in this forum.

I admit next time, I basically just post what I read in SI and ask for opinion. If the subject is misleading, I would clarify it if suggested. **Thank you for the moderator to fix it for me.**

I would like to clarify that I do not want to seek any attention. I am a Pats fans (I am a fanatics, actually) just like most of the people here. You can check that most of my posts are questions and seek opinion or idea from people. I want to learn as much as I can from the people here.

It would be really disappointed, if there is a restriction on what to post and what not to post on the forum.

Last edited:
Come on. Lay off the guy/gal. Everyone was a newbie at one point on this board. Give the guy/gal a break.

Thank you. guy here.

On another note, whatever the SI said does make sense to me. As we noticed, BB is quite a bit unusual here and not behaving like he normally does. In fact, the Pats is the most aggressive team in this FA period. If we look at all the signings by us, I could have believe if someone told me we are the Redskins.

If that's the case, then you would be discriminating people who are new in this forum.

I admit next time, I basically just post what I read in SI and ask for opinion. If the subject is misleading, I would clarify it if suggested. **Thank you for the moderator to fix it for me.**

I would like to clarify that I do not want to seek any attention. I am a Pats fans (I am a fanatics, actually) just like most of the people here. You can check that most of my posts are questions and seek opinion or idea from people. I want to learn as much as I can from the people here.

It would be really disappointed, if there is a restriction on what to post and what not to post on the forum.
kerofaye, if the reaction seemed harsh, you need to know that in the past around here, we had a serious problem with people posting misleading thread titles on purpose, just to get a reaction. While I'm sure that wasn't the case with you, just wanted to fill you in on the reason behind the reaction. :) And you're right, this is a damn good place to learn from, some super knowledgeable people here.

And box, I've never been much of a painter. ;)

EDIT: I also think that a 20 post count should be required. That should keep out the trolls and spammers. After 20 posts, the post count should be invisible. It's only important to Ian to show the activity of the board.

Yeah but then we wouldn't be able to tell the "newbies" from "oldies" and "older than dirt" posters so that they can be verbally abused for being a new guy/gal. Where's the fun in that!?!? :D

Re: Next season is the last for Bill Belichick

Let's make it 5,000 so you can't start a thread either.

Talk about fascist....sheesh!

:p

There are a few on this board. Fortunately those with witt and wisdom outnumber the self important crowd

I'm not doubting you're a fan, I'll simply point out that there was already an active (first page) thread regarding the BB contract and you decided to create a near duplicate thread with a misleading title. I have no doubt you can contribute in the future, but I think that with a post count limit you might have had a little more experience posting here and would not start a dupe thread. It's not challenging your personal competence or fan worthiness, it's recommending a period of time to serve as a tutorial for proper board behavior.

And there absolutely MUST be some restrictions on what to post on these forums. This is why threads get moved, etc. Anarchy is fine until someone tries to make sense of it.

Last edited:
A lot of casual fans seem to think we are mortgaging the future with these off-season moves. Not so. All of these contracts are structured in a very cap-friendly manner. Its not like Belichick and Pioli are out there spending money like a drunken sailor with a week to live.

Last edited:
I just read from SI:

-- Boston Herald"

We have all thought about it in the last week have we not. We all hope that Bill Belichick stays but he is so secrative all we can do speculate and hope one way or another. I remember what it was like before him but at some point he may very well leave like Bill Walsh and Vince Lombardi on top of the football world.

Exactly. Everyone should be able to comment on existing thread, but I see a lot of new threads started by people with low post counts that clutter up the board. Post count can be seen as a baseline for understanding how to behave on a board. I'm just barely about 300 myself, so it's not like I'm prolific either, and there are exceptions to every rule. However, if we apply 80/20 logic or better, I believe a post count baseline would help the board self-moderate.

Post counts do not mean that much though when you look at it. I have been a member of this place for like 2years and only have like 20. I know how post but saying you can't start a thread until you have XXX amount of post is stupid. Why would anyone want to sign up then?

And onto the topic. I really feel that Bills years are down to 2 or 3. Hes been he for awhile and i think he wants to move on to a new challenge or just leave the game.

Post counts do not mean that much though when you look at it. I have been a member of this place for like 2years and only have like 20. I know how post but saying you can't start a thread until you have XXX amount of post is stupid. Why would anyone want to sign up then?

And onto the topic. I really feel that Bills years are down to 2 or 3. Hes been he for awhile and i think he wants to move on to a new challenge or just leave the game.

Yeah, but I just looked at your posts and the only thread you started was about another team and no one replied. Seems like you're proving my point.

And box, I've never been much of a painter. ;)
There just aren't any good metaphors using fly tying - and I'll bet you could be a fine painter, if you were willing to risk having the wife find out you actually could repaint the bedroom.

BB will leave us one day--it's inevitable. I just hope he sticks around for another decade or two! :D But seriously...fellow fans...the burnout attrition rate with NFL coaches is greater today than it ever was. Teams need to win NOW! Who knows the toll BB takes as he undergoes his normal 18-hr work day/evening.

One positive sign indicating that he'll likely stick around is Scott Pioli's recent interview, where he scoffed at any notion of leaving the Patriots. I'm sure that BB's presence here is critical to Scott Pioli's presence here as well. Looks like there are no short- or intermediate-term indications that either will depart.

Let's win a few more Super Bowls first; then we won't care anymore! :)

Exactly.

Except we'll always care.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes