PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Next Roster Cut Tuesday - Most Likely Candidates to Go for Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
jordan richards was a 2nd round pick.

mind boggling.
Its not really mind boggling, richards is a typical BB second rnd DB pick. Hes another in a long line of similar picks.

BB second round record is more misses than hits:
Richards
Dibson
Wilson
Ras-IR
Cunningham
Brace
Butler

But his hits have been spectacular :
Gronk
Vollmer
Vereen

And you've forgotten the following:
Matt Light
Deion Branch
Jamie Collins
Patrick Chung
Brandon Spikes
Eugene Wilson
Garappolo

Other misses include:
Wheatley
Jackson

Belichick is 50/50 on the 2nd round..

Has Halapio done anything? Maybe they thought he would be better the 2nd time around

Has Halapio done anything? Maybe they thought he would be better the 2nd time around

Not particularly. I think he's still around only because of the injuries to Cooper, Mason and Jackson.. Just a body to take snaps..

I'm going way out on a limb and saying Terrance Knighton isn't going to make it.

Deus is pshyic ...err pyskic.........pysik.......Sykick....:eek:

He knows stuff ... :D

where is the stork failed his physical thread and is back on the patriot roster?

I started the thread to discuss potential roster cuts down to 53 and there were about three posts on topic. It was a boring idea.

I started the thread to discuss potential roster cuts down to 53 and there were about three posts on topic. It was a boring idea.

Well, the Tuesday roster cuts are only down to 75, and I think people consider the cuts down to, say, somewhere between 55 and 60, to be pretty easy calls. That makes it less dramatic, unless there's a real surprise.

1) Vinnie Sunseri
2) Kevin Snyder
3) Jon Halapio or Keveon
4) Woodrow Hamilton
5) Why not Lewis? I didn't know you could reserve PUP this early.

How about that guy with the sign outside the stadium that wants a tryout.....he would be an easy cut. Then again it might be a toss up between him and Dobson. :rolleyes:

where is the stork failed his physical thread and is back on the patriot roster?
Well, considering that the Patriots immediately released him, what would the point of that thread be?

1) Vinnie Sunseri
2) Kevin Snyder
3) Jon Halapio or Keveon
4) Woodrow Hamilton
5) Why not Lewis? I didn't know you could reserve PUP this early.

Lewis, Vollmer, and Amendola will be 3 of the 5 moves. Wouldn't be surprised to see any of the ones you mentioned as well.

Belichick is 50/50 on the 2nd round..

I believe the 2nd round is Belichick's worst round and at 50/50 (when drafting at an average spot of 57th in the round) is exactly where he should be.

No Team Can Beat the Draft

This doesn’t have to be a knock on the NFL’s talent evaluators. The author Michael Mauboussin has written about what he calls the “Paradox of Skill,” a counterintuitive theory that states that as the aggregate skill level of a market’s participants increases, the proportion of outcomes attributable to luck also increases. Put another way, the smaller the variation in skill between competitors, the more opportunity for randomness to be a differentiating factor. By this reading, NFL general managers are the victims of their own obsessive pre-draft preparations — their skill level has increased so much that only the effects of chance remain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots