PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Next 3 games are huge now

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can't believe the number of people here who like the idea of the pats going on the road in the playoffs...if they were healthy..i would have no issues with this

And remember...never won a SB not being #1 or #2 seed

A big part of that is the teams that weren't #1 or #2 seed weren't nearly as good as the ones that were #1 or #2 seed. But, how can you NOT love Brady at home? Foxborough gets much colder and windier than denver.

58669-so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-c-Sm9B.gif

I'm as excited as the next guy about Denver losing and our Chances at the #1 seed, but after the Browns nearly taking that win in our house (and Gronk gone), I'm still a bit nervous.

I think it's time to give Pennington's old name to Peyton ... Noodle.

I've seen stronger arms in the arena league.

Last edited:
I think it's time to give Pennington's old name to Peyton ... Noodle.

I've seen stronger arms in the arena league.

It's just going to get weaker next year. This isn't quite "last chance" territory for the Broncos, but it feels like it's close to it.

So the new theory for this loss reading media stuff is that they ran too many plays vs the titans (95) which might have taken a toll on a short week....:rolleyes:

You ALWAYS want to play at home whenever possible. It's automatically worth 3 points.

i know.....people saying their don't want the bye or don't want the #1 seed...ya ok

AFC is wide open. anybody can win any given day more so than ever before.

i know.....people saying their don't want the bye or don't want the #1 seed...ya ok

Pats as the #1 or #2 seed have only failed to make the SB 2 out of 7 times. As the #3 or lower they have never made it to the SB.

I think i'd rather have a bye.

This is probably unpopular but I don't want the 1st seed. I have a feeling Chiefs will crush Indy, and that would mean them coming to our house in Round 2. (Unless 6th seed pulls out an upset)

#2 seed is the best option. We can win at Denver. I know we can. Think about it... let Denver/KC slug it out in Round 2. Knowing Peyton he might even choke and lose. And then the AFC Championship would be in New England regardless as long as we take care of business.

I like that scenario.

The more I think about it the more I think the dark horse team to fear in the AFC is not KC but the Bengals. They won't win it all but Dalton is more likely to have strong showing than Smith and his ceiling is higher. Both teams have good Ds but the Bengals have been more battle tested.

I would rather avoid them if I could and would gladly take KC over them.

Of course Denver losing gives us a shot at the one seed but I'm still really just hoping to get a bye. One seed would be great, but if I'm being honest I think we do suffer a setback in the next two weeks. Two road games with teams fighting for their playoff lives.

I thought a home game against Cleveland was as close to a sure thing as anything and we just barely escaped that, so there certainly are no guarantees.

No Gronk, no mayo, no wilfork, it will be tough to win those back to back road games, but here's hoping. Denver's loss certainly does make it more interesting though.

Pats as the #1 or #2 seed have only failed to make the SB 2 out of 7 times. As the #3 or lower they have never made it to the SB.

I think i'd rather have a bye.

The bye is considered "important" for most yrs, but for this yr it's pretty much a must under the circumstances.

Anyone who doesn't think we need the bye is severely overrating their chances in my opinion.

The more I think about it the more I think the dark to fear in the AFC is not KC but the Bengals. They won't win it all but Dalton is more likely to have strong showing than Smith and his ceiling is higher. Both teams have good Ds but the Bengals have been more battle tested.

I would rather avoid them if I could and would gladly take KC over them.

I would agree with this assessment. I don't want to mess with those Bengals, but both do have similar style of play (I just worry about Dalton/Green more than Smith/Bowe).

So the new theory for this loss reading media stuff is that they ran too many plays vs the titans (95) which might have taken a toll on a short week....:rolleyes:

Just unbelievable. I feel like if it was Peyton Manning that had murdered Odin Lloyd, his entire receiving corps would end up on trial.

The bye is considered "important" for most yrs, but for this yr it's pretty much a must under the circumstances.

Anyone who doesn't think we need the bye is severely overrating their chances in my opinion.

I haven't heard anyone say the bye isn't important. But I think you can make a valid argument that the 2 seed COULD provide a higher likelihood of making the Super Bowl than the 1 seed.

oh please, the importance of WHERE we play is mitigated greatly by WHO we play

and the 6th seed may be Baltimore, Fins, or Jets, all teams we struggle against

so I'd also rather have the 2nd seed, and face KC or the bengals, than face the 6th seed

so I'd also rather have the 2nd seed, and face KC or the bengals, than face the 6th seed

Heading into this week's game, the Patriots have won 7 in a row against the LOLphins.

You are freaking high if trust the patriots offensive line against the bengals or chiefs,.

Cincy probably doesn't lose either (pit,min,bal). With that one Pats loss drops Pats to 3 seed

Yeah, because we all know that Marvin Lewis and the Cincinnati Bengals are invincible down the stretch. :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back