Welcome to PatsFans.com

NEWT's Plea to Republicans: It's Time for Real Change to Avoid Real Disaster

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, May 7, 2008.

1. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

fixed.

And there you go again with that "forced on them" hyperbole. Who exactly is "forcing them" not to learn english?

"Government will tell us what languages we can speak, where we can speak them and when/where/how they're taught, meantime, kids are graduating from public schools that can't even really get by in English--and you know what I mean, I think"

No actually I don't know what you mean. Not only do I find it hard to believe that there are kids graduating high schools in America that can't speak any english, but what you're describing seems to be exactly what Newt is proposing, telling people what languages they can speak.

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +696 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

Well if you can't see that people who don't speak English is bad for the country, because it makes it very difficult for those people to live up to their full potential, then we'll just have to disagree. It's as clear as day to me. So obvious it's scary.

3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +358 / 9 / -13

If you are migrating to another culture of your won free will you should be willing to integrate your self into that culture. If I move to Japan I don't expect to have all documents available in English.
    [

4. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

Except you can. I've been to loads of other countries and every single one of them had documents available in other languages, it's just not that big of a deal.

5. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

More vague hyperbole. "Living up to your full potential?" What exactly does that mean? Again this is just spin, the anti-immigration people don't give a damn whether the person at the Wendy's drive thru lives uo to their "potential." They just don't like foreigners.

6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +967 / 2 / -9

If a native american (Indian) and a Japanese American both learn the English language than they can both sit down, have a cup of tea and talk together.

F-cking Liberal A$sHoles.

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +824 / 7 / -2

I don't care if anyone learns english, so long as no one coddles them and puts everything in their own language so they never have to. If you want to live here, learn the F'ing language. If you don't, then go find a translator. Nevermind this press 2 for chinese, and press 3 for Yugoslavian. How about press 1 to be deported. :D

Newt's an idiot. Tell him to go have another affair. People in here are dumb. They think that their party winning, is going to cure all ills. It won't. The best hope is split control, and even that only means a slower death.

8. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You're a very cynical, bitter person behind all those jokes and girly pictures.

;)

9. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +696 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

How many people who don't know the common language will be successful ? A very small percent. IMO it's virtually cruel and unusual punishment to throw a non english speaker a bone of enough bi-lingualism to get by while knowing that they'll have trouble carving out a really good life BECAUSE THEY CAN'T SPEAK THE LANGUAGE.

Honestly, sometimes I just don't get Liberals. They're so anxious to allow anything they totally miss the forest for the trees. While thinking you're making their lives better, you're really holding them down forever. Pathetic and sad is what you are.

10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +703 / 20 / -30

Guess Newt has pretty much taken himself out of running for VP, thought all those hummers by interns in the back seat would do it, but he has taken it to another level all by himself..

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  11. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Didn't know he was ever in the running for VP, and "all those hummers by interns"...it was a staff member and he married her. Sex is private anyway, remember?
    ;)