Welcome to PatsFans.com

NEWT's Plea to Republicans: It's Time for Real Change to Avoid Real Disaster

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, May 7, 2008.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,139 / 13 / -27

#87 Jersey

Hey Newt ... both parties are dropping the ball if you really want to get down to it ... but ... here's some air time for Newt:

http://newt.org/tabid/102/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/3393/Default.aspx

There's more but I already broke the forum rules ... seeing how it's a thread bashing the GOP I'm hoping Patters will enjoy it and look the other way on rule breakage here ... :p

2. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,139 / 13 / -27

#87 Jersey

For those who hate the click the links here is what the Newtster proposes.

http://newt.org/tabid/102/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/3393/Default.aspx

1 - Repeal the gas tax for the summer, and pay for the repeal by cutting domestic discretionary spending .

2 - Redirect the oil being put into the national petroleum reserve onto the open market.

3 - Introduce a "more energy at lower cost with less environmental damage and greater national security bill" as a replacement for the Warner-Lieberman "tax and trade" bill

4 - Establish an earmark moratorium for one year and pledge to uphold the presidential veto of bills with earmarks through the end of 2009

5 - Overhaul the census and cut its budget radically.

6 - Implement a space-based, GPS-style air traffic control system.

7 - Declare English the official language of government.

8 - Protect the workers' right to a secret ballot.

9 - Remind Americans that judges matter.

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  3. MosiT

MosiT Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That is pretty hard core stuff coming from a well known high level republican.

Unfortunately those that are running the party today and advising McCain will not adhere to that kind of a campaign. This administration has set the table in the past for the slimiest of the slime and they won't stop because the end game, the control and power of the Oil and the middle east is their one and only agenda.

They can not afford to see their work for the past seven plus years be wasted before their goal is complete.

Unfortunately for them I believe the string has run out and the end is near.

4. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +43 / 6 / -0

regardless of what happens in the presidential campaign this fall, the democratic victories are going to be enormous.

5. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,139 / 13 / -27

#87 Jersey

:horn::enranged::blahblah:

6. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +43 / 6 / -0

does number 7 mean that there is government business conducted in other languages? If not, then what is the point? Other than to alienate a fairly large block of hispanic voters it seems hateful and totally unnecessary.

And voting for judges is the worst idea ever.

7. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Isn't there? Ballots are printed in many different languages, social security, welfare...etc.

8. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +43 / 6 / -0

Ballots? as in names are in different languages? I really don't get the point of that. It's not going to encourage anyone to learn english any quicker it's just going to make life more difficult and offend a large portion of the population. Not to mention that making it the "official language" doesn't necessarily mean that forms won't be available in other languages (if they are I don't even know) does it?

9. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,139 / 13 / -27

#87 Jersey

Hopefully there are some moderates in there ...

To keep some semblence of balance ... :cool:

10. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

Gingrich is brain dead appearing with pelosi on the MMGW nonsense, but his criticiasms of the pubbies are spot on, if they had behaved like conservatives rather than dem-lite they wouldn't have lost the house and senate.

11. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

From the az central. There's also one from findlaw about california ballots.

12. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +43 / 6 / -0

Without delving into a constitutional argument about whether Hispanic citizens who are born here should be required to learn english in order to vote, are there Native Americans that don't speak english? If so can you give me a good reason why they should have to learn any language other than their own?

13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

More proof that there is no real difference between the two parties...they are one happy bunch of Republicrats. Anyone else need more proof? Gingrich is out on the fringe and no one is listening. 25 years ago, he would have been mainstream Republican.

14. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I didn't say anything one way or another, did I? I just remember hearing that in some places they had to have lots of different ballots.

This is one of those issues I really could care less about. I'm sure it's important and all that, but...

ya know?

15. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +43 / 6 / -0

Word. I don't know why Newt thinks that it would help the republicans all that much either, seems like it's just his pet peeve issue.

16. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,139 / 13 / -27

#87 Jersey

I think he's rearing the race emotions to get people involved.

17. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +528 / 13 / -14

#24 Jersey

Because English is the common language and if you want to be able to participate fully you need to know the language.

18. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Maybe. I do think we need one language, but I'm not a nut about it. When everyone else's ancestors came here they had to learn English and usually did, but now people either don't want to or are almost being forced not to by well meaning people who make excuses for them. I think if immigrants learned English they'd be better off. There'd be fewer people taking advantage of them if they could get a better grasp of the society.

There are a lot of people who live in "fly over country" who're pretty annoyed about everyone bending over backwards for immigrants, so it might work. But Newt's pretty sharp.

19. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +43 / 6 / -0

Why? If they can easily make documents in different languages why does it matter? And why should Native Americans have to learn another language?

20. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +43 / 6 / -0

I think those people are voting Republican anyway. And I highly doubt that anyone has been "forced" not to learn english. In fact I think it's a total myth that the hispanic learning curve for english is different than the Europeans in the "good old days."