Welcome to PatsFans.com

NewTestaMental Cases...? Biblikillers...?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInVa, Jun 20, 2006.

1. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +325 / 6 / -8

The recent "koranimal" slam might be worth a chuckle, until you realize that's your neighbors and in some cases friends you're slamming, by association with people they don't associate with.

Lest we forget: Not only is the U.S. also torturing, under our own flag and through client states, enemy combatants, we are also looking very bad in a massacre investigation at the moment.

"Hello Pot? Kettle calling..."

I don't believe our guys are "as low" as the guys they're fighting, but we are lowering our standards during this war (as we did at times during the Vietnam war.) In other words, we're getting much closer to the guys we're fighting in terms of "just war."

And lest we believe that Islam is culturally more likely to produce the torture prone or massacre prone types, bear in mind the words of Arnald-Amalric, the monk-in-charge of the Albigensian Crusade against the Cathars in Southern France, in reference to a French town with a mix of Catholic and Cathar citizenry:

"Kill Them All. God will recognize His own."

Of course, we recognize this from the oft heard American witticism,

"Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out."

Terrorists sicken me. That's why it's a good idea to go after terrorists. Why it's a good idea to invade a whole country which, prior to our invasion, had little connection to terrorists threatening this country, is beyond me.

Why we want to become our enemies is beyond justification.

PFnV