Welcome to PatsFans.com

Newt Gingrich and The Two Week Turn-Around

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +349 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

And you guys were complaining about something Obama said in 2007.

Newt: March 7, 2011

"The idea that we're confused about a man who has been an anti-American dictator since 1969 just tells you how inept this administration is. ... The United States doesn't need anybody's permission. ... All we have to say is that we think that slaughtering your own citizens is unacceptable and that we're intervening."

Newt Gingrich: The Extended ‘On the Record’ Interview Gretawire

Newt: March 23, 2011

"I would not have intervened, I think there were a lot of other ways to affect Gadhafi. I think there are a lot of other allies in the region we could have worked with. I would not have used American and European forces."

TODAY Video Player
  2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

The man is a Baffoon. Ive heard many times that Newt is the "intellectual" of the right wing. Well if hes their intellectual they're in trouble.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +178 / 5 / -22

Gingrich is an idiot, he goes whatever the the wind blows..

Where are all of the interns he used to meet in the Parking lot.. god I hope he runs, god I hope he runs.....
  4. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I'm not a big Newt fan, but you do realize he's putting out two seperate thoughts in the text you quoted, right?

Both could be 100% legitimate thoughts that don't contridict each other. That is why you are quoting together under the headline right? Or did I just stumble into another left-wing circle-jerk?

In that case.............. Right on, Newt, is a real wenie-sniffer :rocker:
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +349 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Um, no, he's not. And yes, they do.

Here's the first part of the March 7th interview:

VAN SUSTEREN: What would you do about Libya?

GINGRICH: Exercise a no-fly zone this evening, communicate to the Libyan military that Gadhafi was gone and that the sooner they switch sides, the more like they were to survive, provided help to the rebels to replace him.

and a bit more from the second interview, 16 days later:

LAUER: Do you think Moammar Qaddafi has to go as a result of this intervention?

GINGRICH: Let me draw the distinction. I would not have intervened. I think there were a lot of other ways to affect Qaddafi. I think there are a lot of other allies in the region we could have worked with. I would not have used American and European forces.

Weigel : Newt Gingrich Completely Changes Position on Libya in 16 Days
  6. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Gee, then maybe you should have posted the correct quotes that directly contridict each other the first time. :confused2:

Congrats on getting it right the second time though............ ;)
  7. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +124 / 7 / -13

Newt has been over for a while OTOH we have a fool as President.

Today we bomb Libya, a month ago Obama asked for $1.7M for the Libyan Military.

8. MOSS

MOSS Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Not as big of a fool as Dumbya. And you realize every president has done war crimes and crimes against humanity.
  9. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +349 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Gee, maybe you should have listened to the linked videos for the entire interviews?

I forget - some people are content to take someone else's word for everything without bothering to check for themselves.

Hence people like Baithbart, Rush and Beck prosper and stations like Fox florish.
  10. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +349 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Go tell it to Bush who restored normal diplomatic relations with Libya after more than a quarter century of them being considered a terrorist nation. He's the one who started sending them money and aid when no president for 25 years before him would even consider it.

U.S. to renew ties with Libya - World news - Mideast/N. Africa - msnbc.com
  11. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Don't you understand? The left is obsessed with non-office-holding Republicans like Newt Gingrich and Sarah Palin and they don't give a darn about the incompetent moron who's actually running the country.

Obama has made us a global laughing stock but never mind that - the forner governor of Alaska just made a public statement! Everyone to battle stations!
  12. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +124 / 7 / -13

Horrible attempt at distraction. Give me an example where 1 month Bush is advocating military aid to a country and then attacking the same country the next month.

Obama is a buffoon.

Bush is in Texas waiting for the Rangers season to start. Deal with it.
  13. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah, the Obama adminstration really reversed that normalization process when they took over. :rolleyes:

The Crackhead-in-Chief has been in the White House for over 2 years now, and everything is still Bush's fault. :rolleyes:

Clinton wants to bolster ties with Libya

WASHINGTON, April 21, 2009 (AFP) - Secretary of State Hillary Clinton called Tuesday for stronger ties between the United States and its former foe Libya, during a meeting here with a son of Colonel Moamer Kadhafi, the Libyan leader.

"We deeply value the relationship between the United States and Libya," Clinton told reporters as she received Mutassim Kadhafi, who serves as his father's national security adviser.
  14. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +349 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

In 2001, in his haste to declare war in Iraq, Bush put us in the horrible position of being a country which gave military aid and support to a host of "iffy" countries, most notably Yemen and Pakistan, which are now hot-beds of anti-American terrorism.

What the hell did he think was going to happen?

Or didn't he think at all?
  15. MOSS

MOSS Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Bush made us a laughing stock. He's one of the most hated presidents in modern history by all sides. The right is obsessed with the so called "liberal media" even though there isn't one. If there was one, then Noam Chomsky, Howard Zinn, Naomi Klein, Democracy Now, and others would be on air, not people like Pat Buchanan. And look who crying for media reform. It sure isn't the repukes.
  16. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +124 / 7 / -13

No one cares about lunatics like Noam Chomsky.
  17. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Just because moonbats like you hate George Bush in an obsessive manner with every fiber of your being does not mean he is hated "by all sides."

And right now, more and more, we are seeing moderates learn what conservative knew a couple years ago: We were better off with Bush than Obama.
  18. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +349 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Really?

Strange then, isn't it, that he's the eighth most cited source of all time, and is considered the "most cited living author" today.

Care to rationalize that one for us, 13?

http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/1992/citation-0415.html
  19. MOSS

MOSS Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Tons of people do. He's one of the greatest minds of our world today. He's up there on lists of philosophy that most people look up to. He's influence people from comedy to music to politics to philosophy.

Thanks for brining that link up Mrs.PatsFanInVa.
  20. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +349 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

He's an amazing dude across the board. There are very few people who are as accomplished as he is in even one field much less several of them.

Some of his more recent accomplishments:

He is a member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, the National Academy of Sciences, and the American Philosophical Society. In addition, he is a member of other professional and learned societies in the United States and abroad, and is a recipient of the Distinguished Scientific Contribution Award of the American Psychological Association, the Kyoto Prize in Basic Sciences, the Helmholtz Medal, the Dorothy Eldridge Peacemaker Award, the 1999 Benjamin Franklin Medal in Computer and Cognitive Science, and others. He is twice winner of The Orwell Award, granted by The National Council of Teachers of English for "Distinguished Contributions to Honesty and Clarity in Public Language" (in 1987 and 1989).

He is a member of the Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts in Department of Social Sciences.

Chomsky is a member of the Faculty Advisory Board of MIT Harvard Research Journal.

In 2005, Chomsky received an honorary fellowship from the Literary and Historical Society.

In 2007, Chomsky received The Uppsala University (Sweden) Honorary Doctor's degree in commemoration of Carolus Linnaeus.

In February 2008, he received the President's Medal from the Literary and Debating Society of the National University of Ireland, Galway.

Since 2009 he is honorary member of IAPTI.

In 2010, Chomsky received the Erich Fromm Prize in Stuttgart, Germany.

Chomsky has an Erdős number of four.

Chomsky was voted the leading living public intellectual in The 2005 Global Intellectuals Poll conducted by the British magazine Prospect. He reacted, saying "I don't pay a lot of attention to polls".

In a list compiled by the magazine New Statesman in 2006, he was voted seventh in the list of "Heroes of our time".

Noam Chomsky - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia