Welcome to PatsFans.com

Newt Gingrich, adulterer?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IndyPatriotsfan, Mar 9, 2007.

1. IndyPatriotsfan

IndyPatriotsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Would this be considered hypocrasy or not?
    Gringrich admitted to having an affair while leading the charge in the witch hunt of Clinton.

WASHINGTON — Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich was having an extramarital affair even as he led the charge against President Clinton over the Monica Lewinsky affair, he acknowledged in an interview with a conservative Christian group.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,258001,00.html

Oh, and don't try to discredit the story, since it came from Foxnews.
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Just Replace The Clinton Stuff:
    It's only sex.
    Everybody does it.
    It's between him and his wife.
    Not important.
    Kennedy did it.
    Eisenhwer did it.
    Washington did it.
    Who gives a sh!t
    WHAT ABOUT HEALTH CARE?
    :singing:
  4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +107 / 7 / -10

Clinton was being impeached for perjury not for getting a bj from the fat intern. I am not aware of Gingrich being accused of perjury.

That said I don't feel that he should be considered for President. Thisis unfortunate since he has a great mind whne it comes to policy. He should run a think tank.
  5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +141 / 1 / -4

But, we certainly know the American taxpayers are prepared to spend at least $40 million to investigate such practices in an effort to get a perjury conviction. I think the key going forward is for the Democrats to spend as much as needed to embarrass and defeat Repubicans. The good news is that the Republicans showed how to launch a witchhunt. Let's hope the Democrats are equally unethical and self-righteous.

I'd like to see him run. He's the only one who can represent the substantial mean-spirited, vicious, hypocritical element in the Republican Party -- the many admirers of Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, Fox News, and other savages.
  6. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Why would anyone hope that?
  7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

I never liked the guy. He always came across as being disengenuous to me. The one good thing about this is that I won't have to see him on TV anymore, nor will I have to see him run for president.

As for hypocritical regarding Clinton, I think any criticisms of Clintons adultery would be completely hypocritical, but the case against Clinton was about perjury, not about a BJ. Yes, all Clinton did was get a BJ (at least all we know :D ), but his problems came when he lied under oath about it. Of course, there is a sense of comedy to it. A pot kettle type thing.
  8. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +107 / 7 / -10

I agree with you the Investigation was mostly a waste of time. Clinton's alleged crimes occured before he entered office and were mostly the type many crooked pols engage in. I would have prefered that there be athrough investigation when 900 FBI files were illegally in the White House this is the type of abuse of power we hadn't seen since the Nixon administration.

Savages?? a little over the top you osunbd like Michael Savage.
  9. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

P-E-R-J-U-R-Y

Was the case politicized a bit? Sure. Why? Cuz a sitting president pissed on the core principle of our judicial system, HONESTY UNDER OATH. Were that you or I, we'd be in jail. Don't try to down play what Clinton did to himself. Had he not lied under oath, he'd never have been punished.

You don't even have cable. :p
  10. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

I wonder if Agenda Boy is going to criticize Patters for blanketly calling people savages? :rolleyes:

Anyhow, I actually like listening to Michael Savage every now and then. He's like an angry Grandpa on the radio. Hmmm....makes me wonder. Has anyone ever seen Harry Boy and Michael Savage in the same place at the same time? Hmmm..... :D
  11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Yeah, but the economy is great
  12. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +107 / 7 / -10

He (PC) calls people worse all the time. ;_

Patters does have a bit of a mean streak though.
  13. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Yes, he does. It's actually kind of funny considering how "compassionate" and "forgiving" he is. The guy thinks dropping the bomb on the Japs was wrong, would forgive a murderer, and thinks Gary Studds is a swell dude, yet, he calls the pope a Nazi, right wingers savages, and hopes kids were sexually molested for purposes of political exploitation. Hmm....I wonder why he has such contradicitng emotions? :D
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  14. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I'll go on the record as saying that anyone who takes Ann Coulter seriously is a savage. Period.
  15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Patters, please calm down, I know how it feels to get all upset at these creeps in Washington, whenever I see Auntie Pelosi's picture come up on the TV I have get up and run out of the house, I cn't stand her teeth.
    :bricks:
  16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

They can't help themselves, if they can't have the ball they don't want to play.

THEY are always right, if you disagree with them you are the one that is "Nuts". This attitude has turned Al Gore into a raving Lunatic.
  17. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

That's a cop out reponse. Certainly everyone gave a sh!t when they went after Clinton. Which convinces me more this had everything to do with politics and nothing to do with morality.
  18. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

That is irrelvent to the question of whether Gingrich is a hypocrite. There was no crime other than the perjury itself, and it was while Gingrich was having his affair that he helped to force Clinton to take the stand. This absolutely makes Gingrich a fat-arse hypocrite.
  19. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +107 / 7 / -10

Gingrich didn't force Clinton to take the stand, the Judge in the Paula Jones sexual harrassment case did.

As for Gingrich's morals, I don't recall him dogging Clinton for his sexual activities, but for his perjury. If you have a quote that indicates that Gingrich indicates Clinton was unfit for office due to his sexualactivities rather than for committing perjury in a trial. I would love to hear it.
  20. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's an understatement. He is 10 times more viscious, vile and hateful than those on the right he accuses of the same.

And when push comes to shove, he has shown he is capable of quoting a reference from the Institute for Holocaust Denying - uh, I mean the "Institute for Historical Review" - to support whatever point he is trying to make.

The above paragraph is 100% a statement of fact, as uncomfortable as it may make some people feel to hear it repeated.