PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Newsflash:Our Offense Stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Predator

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
To believe such a headline, one would have to be seriously ignorant, or from another planet. What are the facts?

Fact: The Pats are on pace to shatter the amount of points scored in league history.

Fact: Tom Brady is on pace to shatter the single season touchdown record by a QB.

Fact: Randy Moss has a shot of reaching Jerry Rice's TD record of 22.

Fact: If everything tracts as it has in the first 10 games, this Pats team will have the greatest offense in the history of the league.

Can you agree with these facts? If not you need to step into reality. The problem is that too many people are ignoring these facts as if the sky is falling, and the Pats are 0-10.

Case in point: 45,0000 Maroney threads claiming we have to have an elite RD to compete in the NFL, BB doesn't know what he is doing with our RBs, panicking over nothing in the last game.

For those Maroney bashers, chicken littles, or clueless people, do you realize that this offense would still be on the same track if Evans and Eckel were our starters? Yes that is correct. We would still be considered the greatest offense ever fielded and break the records just the same. Why? This is a pass first offense with the best darn QB this league has ever seen.

A case to pick a RB in the top 5 of the draft is a case to take the ball out of Tom Brady's hands. Why put the ball into a rookie RB hands to win a game when we have Tom Brady????? This makes no sense.

All these threads bashing Maroney, and calling for a RB in round 1 are foolishness. They show an utter ignorance to any knowledge of how our offense has worked under BB. Those of you calling for a top 5 RB are claiming our offense stinks and needs fixing. Such a move would improve the RB position without a doubt, but it would also take the ball away from Tom Brady. Bad move.

Fortunately, BB is not the football idiot type that likes to start numerous threads on virtually the same topic here. No way he spends his top pick on some RB when he has an adequate starting RB tandem plus adequate backups. RBs get hurt. Look at Minnesota and the Bills.

I will confess that last year's receiving corps was truly inadequate to the task. I thought we could make do with that crew after He-Who-Shall-Never-Be Spoken-Of abruptly left us in the lurch. Invest $ in receiving weapons for Brady and picks in the core defense.

Fortunately, BB is not the football idiot type that likes to start numerous threads on virtually the same topic here. No way he spends his top pick on some RB when he has an adequate starting RB tandem plus adequate backups. RBs get hurt. Look at Minnesota and the Bills.

I will confess that last year's receiving corps was truly inadequate to the task. I thought we could make do with that crew after He-Who-Shall-Never-Be Spoken-Of abruptly left us in the lurch. Invest $ in receiving weapons for Brady and picks in the core defense.

What? BB isn't an idiot? Wow I never would have guess that seeing all the stupid RB posts.

According to the McFadden lovers, Minni and Buff won the superbowl already because they have a #1 back better than Maroney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes