PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

News on Tommy Kelly???

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
So, Kelly went down with some sort of knee injury, tried to come back and then was out for the rest of the game.. I haven't heard/seen anything on his injury today. Anyone else?

So, Kelly went down with some sort of knee injury, tried to come back and then was out for the rest of the game.. I haven't heard/seen anything on his injury today. Anyone else?

I've been searching also, and all I have so far is this:

Upon Further Review: New England Patriots Week 5 - ESPN Boston

".....The veteran defensive tackle left Sunday's game with a right knee injury in the fourth quarter and didn't return. Kelly said after the game that "everything was good" with the knee, and he wasn't walking with a limp or with the aid of crutches, although it's still a bit unclear what that means."

Last edited:
Another case of “no news is good news”. Like with Dobson after the hit he suffered in ATL, I think we dodged one here too.

They wouldn't have put him out there if they thought he could do more damage to it...at least I hope not. The trainers can pretty much make an accurate diagnosis depending on range of motion. My guess is he sprained a ligament and could be out a couple of weeks.

I know all the talk about has been about his knee but I thought the coverage yesterday said he was getting his ankle taped?

I know all the talk about has been about his knee but I thought the coverage yesterday said he was getting his ankle taped?

I don't know what the coverage said, but during the game you quite clearly saw him grabbing his knee when he went down.

Sounds like it might not be that serious, as Kelly said after the game he would speak more later in the week. If the coaches thought it was serious, they almost always seclude an injured player from talking to the media.

From Reiss' blog
Tommy Kelly and defensive tackle depth: The veteran defensive tackle left Sunday's game with a right knee injury in the fourth quarter and didn't return. Kelly said after the game that "everything was good" with the knee, and he wasn't walking with a limp or with the aid of crutches, although it's still a bit unclear what that means.

Mayo and Chung both gave thumbs up responses when asked about their knee injuries in 2010 and 2011, and both ended up missing at least three games.

In the NFL, particularly when talking about knees, only a month off is good news. I'm expecting more of the same.

I hope he isn't lost for the season...this looked close to what happened to Welker, maybe a bit less extreme.

I just hope he comes back in time to get ready for the PO (yes, I'm already counting on reaching them).

They didn't give a good view of the second time he went down, so it could've been something other than the knee.

They didn't give a good view of the second time he went down, so it could've been something other than the knee.

It was his knee. The replay made it apparent and the giant knee brace solidified it.

Heard on ESPN that his knee cap is shattered. When asked, Thomas Gill said that Kelly is probable for next week. ;)

Heard on ESPN that his knee cap is shattered. When asked, Thomas Gill said that Kelly is probable for next week. ;)

Dr. Gill also said that Kelly would be OK for an inning or two tonight.

Another case of “no news is good news”

Don't be too sure. When did it become apparent Ridley had a knee injury? I didn't hear anything about it 'til he started missing practice.

Get the replay of Belichick on WEEI. I hear he spent a good 20 minutes talking about Kelly's status including reviewing the MRIs with Holley and Salk.

Don't be too sure. When did it become apparent Ridley had a knee injury? I didn't hear anything about it 'til he started missing practice.

Actually, we heard the opposite. Reports were Ridley's injury wasn't serious and not a big deal. It ended up to be serious enough for him to miss an entire week of practice and a game.

Get the replay of Belichick on WEEI. I hear he spent a good 20 minutes talking about Kelly's status including reviewing the MRIs with Holley and Salk.

Wouldn't it be funny if just one time he actually did this?

Dr. Gill added that Fanene and Stingley are "day to day"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes