PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Newest mock from NFL Draft Coutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Newest mock drom NFL Draft Coutdown

Mills seemed a long shot when picked. His prospects haven't gotten any better.

What makes you so confident of Mills? [He never saw the field during the regular season, after all.]

Re: This would ruin my draft day

What the **** are these people smoking? Brain Leonard? In the first round? Can you say, Heath Evans clone? This would be the worst pick in the first round in NFL history. Patriots need LB and S. If they draft Leonard or a TE I will fly out to New England and personally throw up on Belichick and Pioli.

I like the picks, but they could make some deals to drop down to the top/middle of second and still get Poz/Leonard.

Its going to depend on how the board shakes out, I could see them coming up if one of the can't miss (eg-Willis/Nelson) drop, or if they're left with Merriweather and Poz they could drop down.

I think that Leonard would be a great Patriot type player, hard nosed, smart, cheap! Let him wreck things with the ST unit, and add insurance as a 3rd down/Goal line packages.

I'd take Beason over Poz...

I wouldn't be shocked if they try to preserve the Rnd 1 in a deal dropping down to get somebodies 2008 Rnd 1. BB loves to stockpile when he's not sure or thinks he can get a serviceable player in a lower rnd. In all FA actions they are pretty set, the draft could provide some starting talent, but its a stretch with our Def/Off systems. Plus, they do have some cap left, and the June cuts to fill final roster slots/competitions.

I like the picks, but they could make some deals to drop down to the top/middle of second and still get Poz/Leonard.

Its going to depend on how the board shakes out, I could see them coming up if one of the can't miss (eg-Willis/Nelson) drop, or if they're left with Merriweather and Poz they could drop down.

I think that Leonard would be a great Patriot type player, hard nosed, smart, cheap! Let him wreck things with the ST unit, and add insurance as a 3rd down/Goal line packages.

I'd take Beason over Poz...

I wouldn't be shocked if they try to preserve the Rnd 1 in a deal dropping down to get somebodies 2008 Rnd 1. BB loves to stockpile when he's not sure or thinks he can get a serviceable player in a lower rnd. In all FA actions they are pretty set, the draft could provide some starting talent, but its a stretch with our Def/Off systems. Plus, they do have some cap left, and the June cuts to fill final roster slots/competitions.
Where do you see Beason being used?

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

Our picks:

24: Paul Poslusny, LB
28: Brian Leonard, RB :eek:
91: John Wendling, S

Possible but I don't like Leonard. Now maybe Michael Bush...
Pos goes ILB;, Bush give you the second franchise back and the big bull. Wendling give you the big Safety that everyone seems to want, to take Rodneys positiion eventually.

Mills seemed a long shot when picked. His prospects haven't gotten any better.

Mills looked very good in the pre-season games, before his injury. But I don't think he and Leonard provide the same skill set, although they may be in competition for a roster spot.

I don't like this one.

I'll take Kiper's with Willis and Nelson!

Kiper's mocks suck. Generally speaking.

I would like to know which one of these sites even come close when it comes to the Patriots picks because a lot of the times I'm saying "Who is that" especially after the first couple of rounds.

Scott Wright of NFLDC says he always has difficulties to find the Patriots pick (because they are not predictable). Wright has some contacts with scouts so there is a truth part in those mocks (e.g.: he picked Chad Jackson to Pats at 21 last year, saying he was said the Pats are really interested in him. Wright was right (no pun intended) for the guy, but wrong for the round).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing