PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Newest mock from NFL Draft Coutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Newest mock drom NFL Draft Coutdown

"Value" may be questionable, but I give them major props for choosing players who look like good fits for the team at positions of need. It sure beats the drafts that have the Pats taking 225-lb. OLBs and CBs with straight-line speed and no ball skills -- but great "values."

I don't like this one.

I'll take Kiper's with Willis and Nelson!

Last edited:

although I wouldn't really believe or follow a mock draft on any major website... Don't be surprised. I started a thread a few days ago about this.. I wouldn't be surprised if the pats took a RB high, not surprised at all. The Sammy Morris for one year signing, all but gives it away. If we don't draft RB high to follow behind morris and faulk, then we have out eyes set on a FA next season.

I Like Paul Poslusny, But I have to agree that he is a bit undersized..but on the flip side look at Tedy Bruschi, Zach Thomas type of linebackers..

You never know...:D

Last edited:

plus Leonard/Maroney/Faulk With our TE's and WRs and Oline and Brady?!

DC of other teams = :eek:

I have to say that is a very intriguing draft.

Posluzsny has many of the same measurables as Bruschi. Leonard has a variety of skills. He's got Corey Dillon type running with Kevin Faulk pass catching ability out of the backfield.

Wendling is a leader back there at Free Safety and could probably come in and push Wilson for a starting position from Day 1.

Yes, I believe that Wilson provides better value than Nelson, Merriweather or Griffin.

although I wouldn't really believe or follow a mock draft on any major website... Don't be surprised. I started a thread a few days ago about this.. I wouldn't be surprised if the pats took a RB high, not surprised at all. The Sammy Morris for one year signing, all but gives it away. If we don't draft RB high to follow behind morris and faulk, then we have out eyes set on a FA next season.

I Like Paul Poslusny, But I have to agree that he is a bit undersized..but on the flip side look at Tedy Bruschi, Zach Thomas type of linebackers..

You never know...:D

I hope you have another reason for them picking a back, 'cause Morris was signed for four years.

Unless Booker wows the Pats tomorrow, I am beginning to think that BB could take Leonard ar #28.
I'd rather have a CB at #24, preferably Revis, and I'd rather have Gattis than Wendle, but Wendle at #91 is good value.

Absolutely, positively HORRENDOUS. I want no part of the Penn State LB, I don't want Brian Leonard in the - YIKES - FIRST round, and Wendling, don't know.

I agree. Especially re: Leonard. It's hard to justify a first round pick on a guy who's probably going to be a game-day inactive. Really, with Maroney, Faulk, Morris, and Evans pretty much locks, and Mills fairly assured of a spot, what's Leonard going to do for us this year?

I wouldn't mind picking him up later in the draft, but I see more value in nailing down a rotational guy at DL or DB in the first, then picking up a guy like Darius Walker, Deshawn Wynn, Garrett Wolfe, or Kolby Smith a few rounds later.

I agree. Especially re: Leonard. It's hard to justify a first round pick on a guy who's probably going to be a game-day inactive. Really, with Maroney, Faulk, Morris, and Evans pretty much locks, and Mills fairly assured of a spot, what's Leonard going to do for us this year?

What makes you so confident of Mills? [He never saw the field during the regular season, after all.]

If I were GM!

1a. Revis
1b. Timmons
3a. Hunt

I love it. I love all three picks. These are three names that I actually think the Pats would see as value at those picks. Tough guys with smarts, physical play and a real passion for football. I think the guy who put that list together has been reading stuff from the Patsfans.com draft board.

Way more likely and more reasonable than Willis and Nelson (total pipe dream).

Re: This would ruin my draft day

Drafting Leonard would be similar to me to the trade for Welker. Not my preferable way to spend the draft choice, but still a player who almost certainly will help the team.

Re: This would ruin my draft day

Poz and Leonard would definitely help this team. We would then have three picks to focus on defensive backs: 3, 4 and 4C. We could use 6th's to move up if need be.

As I've indicated in another post, the key to the first round is the projected value in the end of the 3rd and in the 4th.

I think that these picks presume that we will sign Samuel to a long-term deal. We would then have our corners for many years in Samuel and Hobbs, although a nickel and backups are indeed important. It would also mean that Wilson is healthy, hence no Griffin pick.

Last edited:

I agree 100%.

I love it. I love all three picks. These are three names that I actually think the Pats would see as value at those picks. Tough guys with smarts, physical play and a real passion for football. I think the guy who put that list together has been reading stuff from the Patsfans.com draft board.

Way more likely and more reasonable than Willis and Nelson (total pipe dream).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes