PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New York Post - anyone else catch this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patsman

On the Roster
Reaction score
But if you look at the NFL standings, and forgive me if this goes on everywhere, but there is an asterisk next to the Pats undefeated record in the standings and if you see the footnote below - "were caught cheating".

Disgusting.

But if you look at the NFL standings, and forgive me if this goes on everywhere, but there is an asterisk next to the Pats undefeated record in the standings and if you see the footnote below - "were caught cheating".

Disgusting.

Been there since after game 1.

Prove it or this thread is deleted in 10 minutes.

EDIT: Proven. Thanks.

I think its time for them to asterisk the Jets for caught sucking..

I thought it was the New York Daily News and it is only in their actual newspaper. I don't know if they are doing it anymore, but they did it for the first few weeks.

Yeah I saw it too, I think I saw it online. Haven't been to the NY paper's website in a while. The NY JETS are the filth of the sporting world anyway. My favorite team to root against since the inception of skin and pigs.

I believe that it was the New York Times that used an asterisk on the Monday after the jets game.

Funny thing about the betting line....

All except one of the douchebag columnists picked the Pats.

I love credibilty.

I thought it was the post, but it may have been the times and it was there as of last week, so I'd assume it stays there for the whole season.

It was amusing ... the first week.

Now it's just stupid.

How exactly did they cheat? At worst, you can say caught trying to cheat (even though I do not believe that) but were ratted out by the Jets.

Guys, it's the New York Post. Nobody takes them seriously, not even in New York.

Its reputation in journalism is somewhere between the Daily News and Mad magazine.

Laugh it off!

Last edited:
I thought it was the post, but it may have been the times and it was there as of last week, so I'd assume it stays there for the whole season.
It is the N.Y.POST that does it. Someone at work buys the Post (for what reason i have no idea) and they continue this immature child like behavior of putting an asterisck next to the pats in the standings denoting that they were "caught cheating" and the date it happened. PAAATHETIC.

Last edited:
It's the Post. It's what they do. No one takes them seriously, but they sell papers because some people want that. Sometimes I really enjoy reading the post. Trash can be fun.

I thought the asterisk was brilliant when they first did it. Now, it's a little old. The problem with ongoing jokes is that they're always carried on too long.

Old news. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. NY is infactuated with Boston sports.

I do admire your command of the King's English, and I'm going to appropriate this word and add it to my daily vocabulary!

Thanks!

Love the new word! The NY media is just dying to pass the evil empire crown off to NE! Their worst nightmare is to have New England be a coveted destination for elite athletes! I don't know about you, but I'm enjoying the show!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes