Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTibbs

In the Starting Line-Up
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Can these guys be serious?

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/ny-spjets0102,0,3388502.story?coll=ny-sports-headlines

"To put things in the vernacular of Mangini's favorite motivational sport, it's now Round 3. And considering this likely is the nightmare scenario Belichick envisioned when he severed professional and personal ties with Mangini for jumping sides to a divisional opponent last winter, well ... let's get ready to grumble!

If Belichick had been fiddling with Play-Doh on Sunday night, he might have been forming voodoo dolls of Mangini to poke pins through."

Last edited:
the New York media is in full feeding frenzy so i don't make much of this. all things considered, i'd still rather be facing the Jests than the Broncos this week.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/ny-spjets0102,0,3388502.story?coll=ny-sports-headlines

"To put things in the vernacular of Mangini's favorite motivational sport, it's now Round 3. And considering this likely is the nightmare scenario Belichick envisioned when he severed professional and personal ties with Mangini for jumping sides to a divisional opponent last winter, well ... let's get ready to grumble!

If Belichick had been fiddling with Play-Doh on Sunday night, he might have been forming voodoo dolls of Mangini to poke pins through."

Where do they get this crap??

I think they're serious. Kind of sad, but true :D

I still don't get it. After the Jets won the game the fans and players were acting like they just won the SUper Bowl or something. I thought Herm took the Jets to the playoffs just two seasons ago. Am I wrong?

This is perfectly understandable. With the Giants tanking, it's time for all good NY sportsfans to jump on the other teams bandwagon.

R

p.s. The football gods will look unfavorably upon the Jets showering their coach with Gatorade for winning nothing more than just barely making the playoffs.

Last edited:
Oh here is another!!!!!!!

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01022007/sports/jets/chick_it_out_jets_mark_cannizzaro.htm

By MARK CANNIZZARO
GRIP AND GREEN: The Jets' Bobby Hamilton (left) and Kimo Von Oelhoffen exult during the Jets' 23-3 triumph over the Raiders, which set the stage for Sunday's playoff opener against Bill Belichick and the Patriots in Foxborough.January 2, 2007 -- Welcome to Bill Belichick's worst nightmare.

When, against Belichick's wishes and advice, Eric Mangini flew the Foxborough coop for the head coaching freedom in New York last January, this was the precise scenario the Patriots head coach probably knew deep down could occur and potentially blow up in his face.

Just hope the Jesters buy into this!! I can hear the Mad Dog now: "Pennington is going to pick those dilapidated broken down old Pats to pieces. He is going to carve them up for breakfast. Those ancient Patsies are all on crutches. They probably all actually *believe* they're 9 points favorites!!"

Imus will probably try to get Brady on the phone. Wish he'd get Rodney on. That'd be rich. I'd pay to listen to that.

This is perfectly understandable. With the Giants tanking, it's time for all good NY sportsfans to jump on the other teams bandwagon.

R

p.s. The football gods will look unfavorably upon the Jets showering their coach with Gatorade for winning nothing more than just barely making the playoffs.

Safe to say the Football gods are appeased. The NY media won't be.

Both NY teams losing the same weekend - what a sweet day at work.

I'm wearing a Pats logo shirt just to rub it in.

R

In our division the NIGHTMARE for the Patriots is not the Jets but two words JASON TAYLOR - The bastard is not yet retiring he said yesterday.

Safe to say the Football gods are appeased. The NY media won't be.

Both NY teams losing the same weekend - what a sweet day at work.

I'm wearing a Pats logo shirt just to rub it in.

R

Sweet..........the really believed their own B.S. They weren't going to win that game. You just knew they were going to break it open sooner or later.

If these clowns did their homework, they'd consider that Herm's first season with the Jets was almost identical to the Pillsbury Doughboy's: 10 - 6, made playoffs, lost wildcard game. What, are they counting on New York fans having no memory due to wasted brain cells from excessive alcohol consumption?

If these clowns did their homework, they'd consider that Herm's first season with the Jets was almost identical to the Pillsbury Doughboy's: 10 - 6, made playoffs, lost wildcard game. What, are they counting on New York fans having no memory due to wasted brain cells from excessive alcohol consumption?

that team was built differently and had a different style. This team overachieved herm's team underachieved. Mabe you should know what you talking bout before you discuss, this is expected from a Pats fan

that team was built differently and had a different style. This team overachieved herm's team underachieved. Mabe you should know what you talking bout before you discuss, this is expected from a Pats fan

A once great NFL coach said: You are what you are. Overachieving? Underachieving? Just show me results.

2001: 10-6. 26th ranked offense. 17th ranked defense. 27th ranked defense in terms of yards allowed per carry.

2006: 10-6. 25th ranked offense. 20th ranked defense. 27th ranked defense in terms of yards allowed per carry.

If it looks like a duck...

A once great NFL coach said: You are what you are. Overachieving? Underachieving? Just show me results.

2001: 10-6. 26th ranked offense. 17th ranked defense. 27th ranked defense in terms of yards allowed per carry.

2006: 10-6. 25th ranked offense. 20th ranked defense. 27th ranked defense in terms of yards allowed per carry.

If it looks like a duck...

You can do that if you want, but I will use common sense and look at the talent level of each team

Can you tell me how you measure underachieving vs. overachieving? Just looking at QBs, that team had a 38 YO Vinny Testaverde vs., omigod, Penny is 30? The bottom line is the bottom line, 10 - 6 is 10 - 6, it is what it is, and the Jets go another year with either no playoff involvement or a quick exit therefrom. 1968 1968 1968 1968.

Can you tell me how you measure underachieving vs. overachieving? Just looking at QBs, that team had a 38 YO Vinny Testaverde vs., omigod, Penny is 30? The bottom line is the bottom line, 10 - 6 is 10 - 6, it is what it is, and the Jets go another year with either no playoff involvement or a quick exit therefrom. 1968 1968 1968 1968.

look at the team in general not just qb then get back to me.

38 years without a Super Bowl appearance, let alone a win. What a sad sack, pathetic franchise. Their fans can't suffer enough, the pack of losers that they are...............

look at the team in general not just qb then get back to me.

Since most of your posts seem to end with "maybe you should know what you talking bout before you discuss",(cue heavy NY accent with this slaughter of the english):rolleyes: then are responded to with facts which you ignore, why should anyone bother to "get back to you"????

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes