47) Brandon Ghee, CB Wake
53) Jonathan Dwyer, RB Georgia Tech
116) Blair White, WR Michigan State

with the way they have it playing out, Id go
22) Carlos Dunlap, DE/OLB Florida
44) Hopefully Tate would slip a few spots but doubt it Jonathan Dwyer, TB GT
47) Maurkise Pouncey OG/C Florida
53) Jordan Shipley, WR Texas

Both of those drafts would make me happy, although I'm not a huge fan of Gresham - especially if Watson Re-signs. I think Moeaki is nearly as good and will be a 3rd/4th rounder.

brandon graham, looks realy good. but the pats have not had much luck with Michigan. LB's

i don't want a TE in the frist round

i would be happy if the pats frist two picks were Carlos Dunlap, at #22 6.6 290lbs to fill the gap seymour, left and brandon graham, at #44 to play on the other side of TBC

Last edited:
http://walterfootball.com/draft2010_1.php

22) Jermaine Gresham, TE Oklahoma
44) Brandon Graham, DE/OLB Michigan
47) Brandon Ghee, CB Wake
53) Jonathan Dwyer, RB Georgia Tech
116) Blair White, WR Michigan State

with the way they have it playing out, Id go
22) Carlos Dunlap, DE/OLB Florida
44) Hopefully Tate would slip a few spots but doubt it Jonathan Dwyer, TB GT
47) Maurkise Pouncey OG/C Florida
53) Jordan Shipley, WR Texas

It's not a particularly good mock. It has Jeremy Beal at #42, and he didn't declare for the draft. And Sergio Kindle at #82 seems awfully low.

I agree with you about Dunlap, Dwyer and Pouncey. At 53 I'd take whoever BB prefers among Ricky Sapp (61), Sergio Kindle (82), and Austen Lane (96), with Lane getting my vote. And at 118 I'd jump all over Dexter McCluster.

i like gresham, i just wonder about him post injury.

It's not a particularly good mock. It has Jeremy Beal at #42, and he didn't declare for the draft. And Sergio Kindle at #82 seems awfully low.

I agree with you about Dunlap, Dwyer and Pouncey. At 53 I'd take whoever BB prefers among Ricky Sapp (61), Sergio Kindle (82), and Austen Lane (96), with Lane getting my vote. And at 118 I'd jump all over Dexter McCluster.

The author seems to think Dunlap might fall out of the first round due to inconsistency and the DUI.

The author seems to think Dunlap might fall out of the first round due to inconsistency and the DUI.

WalterFootball has been anti-Dunlap for a while. Matt Maguire has panned him repeatedly all season on his blog, and Walter Cherepinsky has echoed his buddy's views. Both guys have Dunlap going in the early 20's in their mocks, however.

I can't see Dunlap falling out of the 1st round. But I can see him falling to 22. :singing:

Jermaine Gresham could probably become a terrific tight end in the NFL, but not in New England. I think we have a history of underutilizing our tight ends in the passing game under Belichick. We never had a tight end catch more than 500 yards, so spending a first round pick for a tight end seems like a luxury we should not afford.

Unfortunatly there aren't many intriguing first-round prospects left in Walter's Mock Draft. Smells like trade back to me...

Unfortunatly there aren't many intriguing first-round prospects left in Walter's Mock Draft. Smells like trade back to me...

- Carlos Dunlap at 24
- Terrance Cody at 27
- Mike Iupati at 30
- Jason Pierre-Paul at 31

Dunlap would be my choice.

I understand the principle of best on the board but come on, why the hell would we draft TE 1st round with all the other needs we have on this team

I'm sure that there are some that are fine with baker as our #1 TE and whatever we get from free agency as our #2 and/or #3. I doubt very much that Belichick is one of those folks.

I understand the principle of best on the board but come on, why the hell would we draft TE 1st round with all the other needs we have on this team

I'm sure that there are some that are fine with baker as our #1 TE and whatever we get from free agency as our #2 and/or #3. I doubt very much that Belichick is one of those folks.

Looking at last years play calling I'm not sure BB / Bo'B even knew we had TE's playing

- Carlos Dunlap at 24
- Terrance Cody at 27
- Mike Iupati at 30
- Jason Pierre-Paul at 31

Dunlap would be my choice.

Cody could be an option if they don't resign Wilfork (I hope they do. Even if they don't, they might pass on Cody and give Ron Brace a shot...).

I'm not that much into drafting a guard at #22. Ben Grubbs was the last (left) guard to be picked in the first round and he went at #29. #22 seems to high to me.

I'm not sold on Dunlap and JPP yet. I like JPP's effort and motor and he'll likely put on quit a show at the combine, but he seems so raw (like Aaron Maybin). Dunlap scares me with his effort, he looks slow and lethargic at times.

I actually agree. The way this board is shaping up, I don't like anybody at #22 enough to not accept a trade. In my PG-rated fantasy world, we'd trade 22 and 47 to Tampa Bay, getting back 35, 42, and 67 -- closing up that gaping hole in the third round. Then I'd probably do something like:

35 - Golden Tate
42 - Maurkice Pouncey
44 - Aaron Hernandez
53 - AJ Edds or possibly Brandon Lang
67 - Arthur Jones

I'm not happy with going offense with the first three picks, but I think the rush linebackers from 22-50 all have huge holes in their games, whether it's disinterest in the run game (Pierre-Paul), taking plays off (Dunlop), size (Graham), or getting your ass kicked by lesser-regarded players (Hardy). I think Edds and Lang could be productive OLBs for us in all three phases of the game.

Forced to choose at #22, I'd probably take Cody, possibly Gresham.

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back